Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Tigers did well against the Storm. Albeit they had Brodie Croft in those games who has since been dropped. Storm look more cohesive than they have done, playing to their strengths which is their backs.

This game will depend on how well we have recovered from that Dragons game. It is a short turnaround and that was a very big physical and emotional effort to get over the Dragons. Here's hoping we don't turn up flat.

Will depend on another team effort, particularly on defence. Of some concern, we lead the competition in missed tackles - but we have compensated by swarming on defence and covering misses.

Guys like Luke and RTVS are going to have to turn up again and match the performances of Smith, Slater...and play for the full 80. Oddly enough I feel like we should match them in the forwards, and can even dominate if all our forwards show up. Need that extra forward on the bench though, CNK is a wasted bench spot IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
3rdstriker

3rdstriker

I think last weeks game defined our season. While every game is bigger and better, but this week we have injuries to numbers and a very quick turnaround. We are on the back foot from the start, as long as we are competitive and have no more injuries we can hang in there and might steal a lucky win. For our following games as players come back we will be looking really strong.

Reactions: 5 users
Aman

Aman

I wonder why we get pinged so hard for offside in the early stages or first half of the game but it completely dies down the second half? Either the refs are trying to hard early on to enforce the laws and just forget about it second half or SK is actually a tactical genius,

Reactions: 1 users

AusWarriorsFan

It's awesome that Melbourne do not intimidate us. They are prems so no exactly how to win big games.

Those are key qualities that WILLbe tested by Melbourne but are sure to test them right back.

Remember how Melbourne cracked when the refs were hammering them?They like anyone can be frustrated into playing away from their strengths forcing players to play as individuals like how we used to say to Shaun Johnson here bro step your opposite and run 80mtrs to score coz we're lazy and useless.
For sure. We CAN beat them. I remember not long ago, 3 weeks or so, being laughed at for suggesting the Storm will be contenders this year along with the Roosters.

They have a mean team and a mean coach, but no team is unbeatable. To be honest with our current Team Shaun Johnson being out doesnt make a huge difference, its the Harris, Pulu and so on along with Shaun Johnson that will stretch us.

Will definitely be the game of the season so far if we can pull off one away from home and will edge us that one step closer to assured finals footy :)

Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

I wonder why we get pinged so hard for offside in the early stages or first half of the game but it completely dies down the second half? Either the refs are trying to hard early on to enforce the laws and just forget about it second half or SK is actually a tactical genius,
Its always the refs relaxing. Take a look at the replays. Some of those games were we are 11:1 on the bad end of the count, you look at the other refs end and same thing is happening.

Its hard not to feel there is something anti nz there, I dont think its meant to be anti nz, more that they think we dont know the rules or are not fit enough to get back etc. so they go real hard on us. Change of ref, change in attitude along with the refs definitely relax up on that law, which imo is wrong, it should be kept going 80 minutes so with our fitness we get out own back.

Maraea

Maraea

Scary big in Solomona and Kasiano is the same as playing 3 Burgess, Jr Paulo and Shannon Boyd, Napa Cordner and co as well as a fierce Dragons pack.

The moral of the story is: Beat them as a team. Defend as a team. Attack as a team. Pressure them as a team.

Never be intimidated by size. They all fall to the ground when you chop them down.

And at least no one at the Warriors will physically leave the ground and launch themselves at the opposition arms close to the body torpedo styles like that bugger Hunt. Bloody dastardly

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Do you guys want to meet up? My friend bailed, and Im not going to miss the game!
Damn normally i have a spare seat, as i buy a family pass and there is only ever the three of us go but this year i got the mother in law visiting and she wants to come.

• Haha

AusWarriorsFan

i think for all the reasons that you have put forward, the warriors will win. Being underdogs in Melbourne suits them. And ive seen this before. Its not going to be a pretty game though.
i think a win will come from the basics, the same things the storm will be looking to excel at, compleitions posesion etc, then waiting for us to make mistakes., but if we apply the same blow torch and dont crack we are in with a chance. lino and green moving the pack around, hopefully another 40/20 from green or luke, make the most of the chances we get. anything is possible. i think the odds have a lot to do with the storm being outright favs at start of the year, the same with the roosters, so i dont read too much into the odds. it will be a close one for sure. ill go through my final thoughts tomorrow. bottom line as u say any team can win. :)

AlexM

AlexM

50/50 our chances
This is going to be a high quality game I think.
Once we get through this 10 day turnaround will be much needed.
Fresh legs V tigers and maybe some new combinations

Makasene

Makasene

Anyone see Lino go down holding his leg in the last minute against Dragons?

Could this explain the inclusion of CNK?

Hiku to halfs and CNK into the backline if Lino doesn't pull up?

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Damn normally i have a spare seat, as i buy a family pass and there is only ever the three of us go but this year i got the mother in law visiting and she wants to come.
Im good for a ticket, (free entry for defense) just was gna do the loner mission

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

We are gana win this one. Because I said so.

Fusitua is going to get one but save two.

Green is gana get a 40/20 and Lino is gana kick 100% of his goals.

Blair is gana get a try by chasing a messy in goal chase that needs 3 minutes of 3rd ref replays before the KFC thing says T R Y.

Papalii will score and so will Roger Tuivasa-Sheck because he has been used as a distributor thus far and he will go right to create the extra numbers and go right between Scott and Addo hyphen Carr.

Mannering will get a try off a sleight of hand pass from Lino so Mannering goes straight by Hoffman who totally misreads who he's taking like when he was playing for us.

Gelling will be targeted and make a split second decision to rush out and get an intercept and beat Vunivalu and Addo hyphen Carr and Slater to pull out another highlight reel celebration.

Then in the dying stages of the game Lisornay will charge straight through Smith, Slater and Munster and one middle to score.

I think Fusitua will also get a double now.

Coz I said so.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

We are gana win this one. Because I said so.

Fusitua is going to get one but save two.

Green is gana get a 40/20 and Lino is gana kick 100% of his goals.

Blair is gana get a try by chasing a messy in goal chase that needs 3 minutes of 3rd ref replays before the KFC thing says T R Y.

Papalii will score and so will Roger Tuivasa-Sheck because he has been used as a distributor thus far and he will go right to create the extra numbers and go right between Scott and Addo hyphen Carr.

Mannering will get a try off a sleight of hand pass from Lino so Mannering goes straight by Hoffman who totally misreads who he's taking like when he was playing for us.

Gelling will be targeted and make a split second decision to rush out and get an intercept and beat Vunivalu and Addo hyphen Carr and Slater to pull out another highlight reel celebration.

Then in the dying stages of the game Lisornay will charge straight through Smith, Slater and Munster and one middle to score.

I think Fusitua will also get a double now.

Coz I said so.
Love it! Thought you were gonna predict that Lisornay smashes over a field goal and puts both middle fingers in the air as a salute

• Haha
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

already used 24 players not counting Beale who is definitely in there. thats 25.
Roache/Lawton (one of them will count) is 26.
CNK is probably 27.
Ayshford 28.
Perham 29.
Vuna would make 30 and havn't counted Bell, Soosomea, Love-Henry, Cherrington, Sipley, Santo etc.
Almost guaranteed to go past 30 on the season

There's been 26 named so far., which includes CNK. Vuna makes 27.

They can't go past 30 without special exemption from the NRL.

Defence

Defence

It'll be interesting to see where the storm send their attack.
I'm sure they'd love to get to Lino and hiku but they don't really have much fire power on that side with hoffman and Scott- it's all on the right with kaufusi and chambers.
It's an intriguing match up.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

It'll be interesting to see where the storm send their attack.
I'm sure they'd love to get to Lino and hiku but they don't really have much fire power on that side with hoffman and Scott- it's all on the right with kaufusi and chambers.
It's an intriguing match up.

They've scored down their left plenty when Smith and co put it through the hands out to Addo hyphen Carr who has wheels to burn and backup through the middle from Slater.

AusWarriorsFan

There's been 26 named so far., which includes CNK. Vuna makes 27.

They can't go past 30 without special exemption from the NRL.
Id just love them to pick a NZ and English Squad out of important players not in the warriors, with a sticky note attached "for all those times you pretended SoO was not a marketing farce"

Status
Not open for further replies.