General NRL 2018 Round 8 - General Discussion

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Lol looks like a few of us back from our Storm game exile for this one, 2nd half a lot better than the first- hope eels can do us a solid, both teams looking mid table with Tigers looking like they’re running out of puff last couple of weeks.
I know it’s likely the Cleary factor but shit these Tigers remind me of the 08-11 warriors

Reactions: eudebrito

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Nail biting finish with the see-saw scoring- game up for grabs with 7 mins left, come on eels do us a favour!

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
2 close losses for the Ligers, Cleary will have them up and primed not to go 3 in a row. Will be a massive test for us, like the Broncs game when they had their backs up against the wall.
I will put money on the Warriors already. Shaun Johnson and Tohu Harris will be back, and possibly Kata. We will definitely miss Isaac Luke unless they risk Mason Lino at hooker. They have had an extended break. This will be an interesting team selection.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Getting sick of seeing the Knights draw, its like the Warriors but instead of top 8 teams they have the bottom half, are scraping through 3-4 times this year and are 1 win behind us with a -60 FA. Im really happy they are heading in the right direction with a much better halves combo and team in general, but its flappn frustrating slogging out against the rooster st george the storm week in week out and not being much ahead. The cream rises to the top by 3/4 into the comp and i dont expect to see them in the top 8, i expected Manly who are shot for players now and the Broncos. I still think the knights making the 8 or not have improved a lot, like us, but not thanks to Charlie Browny IMO.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Getting sick of seeing the Knights draw, its like the Warriors but instead of top 8 teams they have the bottom half, are scraping through 3-4 times this year and are 1 win behind us with a -60 FA. Im really happy they are heading in the right direction with a much better halves combo and team in general, but its flappn frustrating slogging out against the rooster st george the storm week in week out and not being much ahead. The cream rises to the top by 3/4 into the comp and i dont expect to see them in the top 8, i expected Manly who are shot for players now and the Broncos. I still think the knights making the 8 or not have improved a lot, like us, but not thanks to Charlie Browny IMO.
Should be to our advantage to face them in a semi if they've had an easier passage there. Provided we don't crash out of the 8 and they take our spot, that would really burn.

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Should be to our advantage to face them in a semi if they've had an easier passage there. Provided we don't crash out of the 8 and they take our spot, that would really burn.
Yes it would be nice if the broncos didnt make it and souths and the Nits got 8th. What system we playing for playoffs this year, I presume same as last year?

Im just a bit torn, i know they have improved but to be in 5th with -60 8 games in is a bit rich lol. i think they will get a touch up by the likes of the storm, dragons, ourselves and easts once they start performing. so it could be they are just both improved but also a bit lucky on the draw.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings