Team List NRL 2018 Round 7 - Warriors vs Dragons TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see Vete there as much as anyone, especially ahead of Sao.

There has to be a reason....and that in itself is concerning as far as Sao is concerned.

The sooner Gavets back the better.

Vete can make impact...he and Lisone on field at the same time shits me defensively.

Vete has his career in his hands now....no penalties mate....you're gonna have to copy Lisones new improved bench role.

Vete will have learned how hard it is to get into the fg side. I'm interested to see what he will do about

This article says he is a maybe

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...o-start-for-warriors-believes-stephen-kearney

"Sol [Kata] is a chance of playing on Friday," he added.

"He had a run today and we need to see how he pulls up today and tomorrow, so he's a chance."
That leg looked rooted. I'm pleased they were talking 4 weeks and not longer.

How unlucky are we potentially being down three centers ?

Warrior centers always seem to get busted.

No wonder we took Gelling on a cheapie.

Cant wait till Beales back.

Reactions: Tonbridge (Swanley)
Link?

Seriously though.
SK may just be rotating some of our less established props through the ranks. Give Ligi a week or two then satae a week or two then vete etc.
Might help manage fatigue and toughen them up a bit. Consistency is key really.
It looks like rotation.
Apart from established types like Mannering, it does look as though they manage people with some ISP time before they come back in.
It is good to have player management systems, this ISP use is new compared to other years ( Sao and Papalii would be in this week)

Lawton is the one I want to see come into the 21.

wrighty

It looks like rotation.
Apart from established types like Mannering, it does look as though they manage people with some ISP time before they come back in.
It is good to have player management systems, this ISP use is new compared to other years ( Sao and Papalii would be in this week)

Lawton is the one I want to see come into the 21.

Papali'i may have to wait until the Mannering experiment at 11 is over. My understanding is that both Mannering and Harris will go 80 minutes which makes it hard to get a gig as a 2nd row bench player at the moment.

Edit: Having Mannering able to play 80 minutes for us this week and the following weeks is big news as it gives more degrees of freedom to the bench permutations.

*Happy I got to use my maths talk there.

Gelling? Obviously we haven’t seen much of the guy but the only reason I can fathom that he’s in there is his size. Yeah I get he’s had f all game time and would be rusty but those wack ass dummy half ground balls he threw..2 in a row..were pretty bloody shocking. Certainly not first grade stuff, rusty or not.
Kearney must see something in him though so I’m hoping like hell that Gelling shows the rest of us what it is.

As much as I want Fusitua on the wing, I just can’t see a better option at the moment than bringing him in to centre till either Kata or Beale or even Ayshford is back.
CNK on to the wing. DEFINITELY not ideal but imo probably the easiest for the time being.
Not really keen on putting Harris or Mannering there.

Last edited:

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Many of us have spent the last 2-3 years hoping Vete would kick on and be the 10 year + Warrior's prop the club has been waiting for. He has the physical attributes and he has a brain.

I sincerely hope that this game that he starts his legacy. Otherwise I believe he will be first off the books in the off-season.

I want to see lots of energy and grunt through the middle and some more agile lateral movement on defence.

Out left edge is a mess. You have Simon who is coming back from injury and looked very cumbersome last week on the edge, combined with either Kata on one leg, or Gelling who shows no signs of being NRL ready.

We cannot go into the game simply hoping to limit damage on one side, which will offer nothing on attack. There is nothing about that edge that will have the Dragons worried at all, which is a worrying situation to be in.

Tevaga retains his spot, Vete somehow leapfrogs Sao. Unsure about these selections and I’m not convinced this side will have enough in it over 80 mins. Dragons by a few.

Yup if it's Mannering and Gelling on that left side then that is just gross. How on earth is Sao not getting selected after his performances earlier in the season? Hard to see where he went wrong. Would like to see Lawton get a run and Beales return can't come soon enough with Kata now out.

Speaking of bench permutations it seems to me SK's use and make up of type of player on it has left a bit to be desired of late.

After the first few games the bench was a source of real strength and impact but It seems apparent that its being gradually de-powered somewhat and it's effectiveness reducing. I had this concern that as more players came back from injury trying to fit everyone in might throw out the balance somewhat. Having basically 2 tacklebots in Jazz and Simon (and one of them with that small frame not able to provide impetus with ball in hand) coming off the bench hasn't really been effective. Then SK's decision last week when we're already one player down and that Bronco's forward pack basically dominating ours to just use a 2 man bench is silly buggers I thought (takes me back to last year when he had Jazz, Issac, and James Bell on all at once and we wondered why we couldn't go forward)

Not knocking those players but being a smallish pack we're a fine line if we haven't got that balance right (and especially if our back five as they did against the Bronc's fail to make the big yards that they've been making all year).

I'm liking the balance a bit better this week with genuine props and some power forwards on that bench......we'll need them against an impressive St George pack.

Possession. The injuries the Warriors hve may prove too much against a fit on point dwagons side. But if the named side turn up, who knows. Hopefully its committed defence and Offload City. I am looking forward to this game. Dragons can score allover the place but all their attack revolves around widdop.

There has to be more to it. He was one of the form players so he's either sporting a slight injury or been reprimanded for being late to training or something. He certainly wasn't demoted because of his onfield performance IMO...
I hope not.
Everyone can see it's not form related
SK is pretty hard headed and tough on discipline. It can take ages to be forgiven.

I like the team. Vete, Lisone and Tevaga off the bench will give us more impact. Simon on the edge probably loses a bit of impact compared to Pulu but he will be solid with 2 games behind him.

Should be a great game and will be tough to win but we need to see more aggression upfront and better line speed after that disappointing effort against Broncos

Yeah I wanna see this guy too.

I would hazard a guess that while Jazz is working so hard they wont drop him unless he does something on or off field to indicate a drop in effort.

These odd selections I would guarantee a large part of it is who is putting in the most at training.

As we saw on the Doco in preseason Tevanga is a driven guy at training and fires people up.

Yeah I wanna see this guy too.

I would hazard a guess that while Jazz is working so hard they wont drop him unless he does something on or off field to indicate a drop in effort.

These odd selections I would guarantee a large part of it is who is putting in the most at training.

As we saw on the Doco in preseason Tevanga is a driven guy at training and fires people up.

Very good point. If you dont meet the training standards you are not selected. No argument with that.

This loss could be a good thing. The unbeaten thing would have been in the back of their minds. Some would have been affected by that.

It shows imo that this team has some development to do before they are true contenders. The differences in such a comp are small and often mental.

The truth is that you learn more from your losses. For me this week is more about the performance than the result.

The only way I will be worried is another flat performance. Form is temporary. Class is permanent. Guys like Blair will ensure higher energy this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.