Team List NRL 2018 Round 7 - Warriors vs Dragons TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how Albie got himself ahead of Satae, Sao and Papalii but had his best game in ISP last week so probably deserves a run.

I would guess that Papalii is not being rushed back but eased back so he hits the ground running when he gets back to 1st grade.

Also not sure about Vete > Ligi and Satae but if SK says it's him then step up and run like they've got your daughter hostage. Tackle like they're kidnapping your family.

Welcome back to 1st grade Warriors 2018 Albie. Bring your best.....and tgen some.

Reactions: 4 users
Possibly, depends if Mooks wants to carry a back on the bench, Tevaga gives him that luxury.

It really doesn't tbh. Did you watch our second half? Badly needed a fresh big bopper out there ... instead fucking Gelling goes on cold with a few minutes left and basically ices the game for the Broncos. Against the form team in the comp by a WIIIIIIIIIIDE margin, using 16 players for 90% of the game would be suicide.

Anyway ... this doesn't really answer ANY questions, which leads me to believe SK is going to see how the team trains and make his selection based on that. I am hoping he's going to trial Fusitua/CNK and Gelling/Fusitua combinations for the rest of the week to see who defends better.

I thought we'd cop an ass pummelling from the Roosters and we all know how that turned out. I've got a similar feeling right now, so hopefully I'm wrong again. I've been bagging the guy all week, but I honestly hope Gelling goes on to be MOM + gives SK an absolute selection nightmare when Kata and Beale are back if he starts at centre.

We've got some REALLY tough games coming up and we're going to be stuck with a very glued together edge where Sol and Pulu were. I will be satisfied if we're competitive against the Dragons and Melbourne. Wins would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone else think Sipley is a giant and should get a run? I’d top myself if Tevaga and Gelling are both on the bench again

Reactions: 5 users
It really doesn't tbh. Did you watch our second half? Badly needed a fresh big bopper out there ... instead fucking Gelling goes on cold with a few minutes left and basically ices the game for the Broncos. Against the form team in the comp by a WIIIIIIIIIIDE margin, using 16 players for 90% of the game would be suicide.

Anyway ... this doesn't really answer ANY questions, which leads me to believe SK is going to see how the team trains and make his selection based on that. I am hoping he's going to trial Fusitua/CNK and Gelling/Fusitua combinations for the rest of the week to see who defends better.

I thought we'd cop an ass pummelling from the Roosters and we all know how that turned out. I've got a similar feeling right now, so hopefully I'm wrong again. I've been bagging the guy all week, but I honestly hope Gelling goes on to be MOM + gives SK an absolute selection nightmare when Kata and Beale are back if he starts at centre.

We've got some REALLY tough games coming up and we're going to be stuck with a very glued together edge where Sol and Pulu were. I will be satisfied if we're competitive against the Dragons and Melbourne. Wins would be icing on the cake.

I like that we can now compete with the heavyweights but dammit WE ARE HEAVYWEIGHTS now.

I reckon we should be aiming to win every game against every team no matter who they are.

WIN team. Don't compete. Dominate.
Don't participate. Shred them to ribbons.

Reactions: 6 users

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
I’d have Satae in over Gelling, if he was also you’d think he’d name Gelling at 18.....

Papalii in ISP for just one more week.

Vete gets one more crack and needs 100m + this time.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else think Sipley is a giant and should get a run? I’d top myself if Tevaga and Gelling are both on the bench again

Haven't seen him yet. But one thing I like is that our back rowers have huge experience and between Mannering Blair and Tohu Harris we have a very strong and experienced back row. All capable of playing the 80 minutes.

Re: Sipley - we appear to have quite a long line for the propping rotation pecking order but the season is only 6 rounds in and our depth is being tested.

I’d have Satae in over Gelling, if he was also you’d think he’d name Gelling at 18.....

Papalii in ISP for just one more week.

Vete gets one more crack and needs 100m + this time.

Apparently Vete was alright in ISP last week.

This game will define how the rest of our season goes in my opinion. Win this and we will kick on from here, lose this and i reckon our season could be over. We need to bounce back from last week. Nothing but a win is acceptable. Need to improve to win, not just improve for the sake of it. I really hope last week loss was just a one off.

Reactions: 1 users
Not at all ideal however I would consider Harris or Mannering at centre for a couple of weeks until our injured centres are fit again. I found myself laughing at Gelling for the 5 minutes he was on last week and I don't want to be doing that for the full 80.

Reactions: 4 users

wrighty

1) If Kata starts all taped up, then a back utility such as Gelling needs to be on the bench. Last year we ran Hoffman in the centres one game after a centre went down and Hoffman got gassed all night. It isn't ok to run a 2nd rower at centre for a long stretch.
2) SK isn't strong at customising a game plan for each opposition like Wayne Bennet is. Instead, what Kearney is good at, or at least what he backs himself to do, is to have good discernment about players. He has assessed Vete and wants to have more muscle for big hit ups as remember his diagnosis of why they lost last week was not barring up physically.
3) Interesting that he has returned Afoa to starting instead of the bench. He must think the same way as a number of people on this message board as a few of you called for that change.

Reactions: 2 users

WarriorBall

Is there time though ?? rest day tomorrow Captains run Thursday ...

That goes to answer your first point to some extent, players stood up against the chooks not so against the Broncs.

Gelling’s got some rust that’s pretty clear, he’s an insurance policy for Kearney who seems reluctant to move Harris out to center in the event of injury/HIA, he’s pretty keen on a more mobile forward pack this season so I doubt we’ll see a bench stacked with 110kg+ big boppers.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Ligis demotion is bizarre from the outside looking in- he was great in the first few rounds.
Big and aggressive with a beautiful late offload- I reckon kearneys missing a trick there.
There has to be more to it. He was one of the form players so he's either sporting a slight injury or been reprimanded for being late to training or something. He certainly wasn't demoted because of his onfield performance IMO...

Reactions: 9 users

wrighty

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ng-return-eases-warriors-injury-concerns.html

"and Solomone Kata in the injury ward, although the barnstorming center has been named, he is unlikely to play."

Seems like Kata has been named for mind games reasons. Sadface.gif

This article says he is a maybe

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...o-start-for-warriors-believes-stephen-kearney

"Sol [Kata] is a chance of playing on Friday," he added.

"He had a run today and we need to see how he pulls up today and tomorrow, so he's a chance."

Status
Not open for further replies.