Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2018 Round 7 - Warriors vs Dragons TEAM LIST

Dragons 2.jpg
NZWF Official thread for the 2018 Round 7 Warriors team list and discussion...

The official team list will be posted as soon as it becomes available...

Last edited:

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Fuck getting a bit worried about this one. That loss has really put things into perspective. We buckled against the first team to play well against us and it wasn't even a highly rated team. Don't get me wrong i think we've been playing with a lot of heart and passion but when i think back to all our wins there's been crucial parts of the game where the opposition let us off the hook or a RTS made a miraculous tackle or the ref called a forward pass on the try etc etc which would have resulted in losses for us. Has the scoreline been flattering us? We need to chance our arm this week, the Dragons are too good to just "defend" against. We need to play exciting footy, fuck this completing sets bullshit we had the nearly 85% completion on the weekend and lost. We need to attack first and then back our defense. I know this sounds stupid but we simply have to put on more points than they do.

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
We need to chance our arm this week, the Dragons are too good to just "defend" against. We need to play exciting footy, fuck this completing sets bullshit we had the nearly 85% completion on the weekend and lost. We need to attack first and then back our defense. I know this sounds stupid but we simply have to put on more points than they do.
Yeah I hope we don't go too "safe" with our selections at the expense of players who can create scoring opportunities.

The game against the Dragons down in Hamilton burns in my mind with them making a million offloads and us not making any.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Yeah I hope we don't go too "safe" with our selections at the expense of players who can create scoring opportunities.

The game against the Dragons down in Hamilton burns in my mind with them making a million offloads and us not making any.
Sao has to be on the bench. He's light on his feet and creates second phase play. Start Bunty and Mannering and Have Paasi and Lisone as battering rams.

Reactions: love4thegame

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
Think we will get it handed to us this weekend. Dragons look a much hungrier outfit than we do and I think they're a better side across the park. Our halves were outplayed by Milf and Bird, and the Dragons have a couple of the form halves of the comp in Hunt and Widdop. I think they'll be too smart and clinical, backed up by a bunch of forwards who know they're in the Origin frame. Aitken and Dufty also have to be two of the form outside backs of the comp.

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Think we will get it handed to us this weekend. Dragons look a much hungrier outfit than we do and I think they're a better side across the park
Thankfully bro you also thought we'd get "thrashed against the Bunnies & the Chooks" so lets's hope that's some kinda omen & you're wrong again yeah lol

Personally I'm willing to believe that the team will show up ready to rock n roll ... we may not win ... but I think we will at least put in an acceptable performance

If we are to be genuine contenders this season then we simply cannot afford back to back below par performances ... especially at home

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015
I’m with you on this one Stoney. Glass half full is how I’m trying to look at it. I feel the loss last weekend has hopefully given the boys a jolt and that we need to bring a far better effort this weekend. Bit concerned re: injuries but feel at home we could get over them. Surely they are due a loss soon too, may as well be by us!

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Warriors: The Warriors' first loss of the season brought some injury pain with it as forward Leivaha Pulu (foot) and centre Solomone Kata (ankle) both face some time on the sidelines. Former Wigan centre Anthony Gelling is likely to shift to the starting side for Kata, while Simon Mannering's recent injury comeback shapes him as Pulu's likely replacement in the run-on team. With two bench spots open the likes of Isaiah Papali'i, Ligi Sao, Albert Vete and Sam Cook are jostling for NRL recalls.

From nrl.com

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
We are going to win this one.

We are going to defend resolutely and as a team, swarming, suffocating, smashing, intimidating.

Our pack will win territory and give our halves the platform to blaze it up.

RTS will be MOM. Fusitua to get a hat trick.
Blair to setup a try. Bully to make over 150 metres. Crowd to reach 17,000.

Forum to ride every blow of the whistle and seven agonising back forward back forwar back forward did he get it down or is he out replays.

Harris to setup a try and score one.

Us by 8

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Yes forwards for sure - St G have got power runners across their pack which can hurt big time.

However, equally important is line speed. Widdop and Hunt will tear us apart if they get time. We shut down Cronk, Keary and JT through massive pressure in their face (although penalties come with it) - that has been the biggest key to our success this year imho.

I also like Fusitua to centre and Soosemea to wing, but I feel like SK is one of the last coaches in the NRL to hand out debut jerseys. It is a shame Ayshford is injured, he is an underrated distributor and can perform a solid role. Perfect depth player to have and can play back row.

It will be good to have another look at Lawton in ISP

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Now that we have a one of the best organisers in Green there’s no reason for Johnson to not run more. All this talk about never having someone to take the pressure of Johnson so it could free up his running game is bullshit. I just don’t think the guy likes to get his pretty face dirty. I don’t want to bag him but goddam it run man! At least pretend like your taking on the line so it puts doubt in thier mind. He plays one good game where he jinx and ducks or does the odd goodkick but then shits the bed all together the next game

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Now that we have a one of the best organisers in Green there’s no reason for Johnson to not run more. All this talk about never having someone to take the pressure of Johnson so it could free up his running game is bullshit. I just don’t think the guy likes to get his pretty face dirty. I don’t want to bag him but goddam it run man! At least pretend like your taking on the line so it puts doubt in thier mind. He plays one good game where he jinx and ducks or does the odd goodkick but then shits the bed all together the next game
He shit the bed that they made as a team. We were dominated bro. Nobody can unleash from the halves when your whole team is getting dominated.

He performs best when like all halves - on the front foot.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
He shit the bed that they made as a team. We were dominated bro. Nobody can unleash from the halves when your whole team is getting dominated.

He performs best when like all halves - on the front foot.
i understand man but surely he can do a bit more than what he does when the team is struggling like that. I know hes not a magician but he goes into his shell way more than other halves in the comp.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
i understand man but surely he can do a bit more than what he does when the team is struggling like that. I know hes not a magician but he goes into his shell way more than other halves in the comp.
True. That's how he got the princess name i guess. Not just him but all of our boys will need to step up

Reactions: Off The Bench

WarriorBall

VODAFONE WARRIORS v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
8.00pm, Friday, April 20, 2018

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID Fusitua
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 BUNTY AFOA
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 SAM LISONE
16 ALBERT VETE
17 ANTHONY GELLING
18 CHRIS SATAE
20 MASON LINO
21 Isaiah Papalii
22 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

WarriorBall

Not sure how Albie got himself ahead of Satae, Sao and Papalii but had his best game in ISP last week so probably deserves a run.

danyooll

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 17, 2014
VODAFONE WARRIORS v ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
8.00pm, Friday, April 20, 2018

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID Fusitua
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 BUNTY AFOA
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 SAM LISONE
16 ALBERT VETE
17 ANTHONY GELLING
18 CHRIS SATAE
20 MASON LINO
21 Isaiah Papalii
22 CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY
I’m guessing Kata’s out, swapped with Gelling and Satae to take the #17 spot?

Reactions: Swanley and Viking
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles

Last Game

31 Jul

26 - 20
6.7 Total Avg Rating
6.8 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player