• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Do you honestly think the Warriors were worse in the tackle than the Dragons? If we were jumping early than they also had to have been, otherwise if they weren't I doubt Usain Bolt would be able to run down some of those Dragon players they are that quick. FFS Cummins penalised Tohu Harris for getting a knee to the head. The Dragons moved off the mark multiple times and were never asked to go back and I bet if we put jonno's stopwatch on the time in the tackle the Dragons were every bit as slow. Shit at one point they had a player straddling one of the Warriors just standing there with his arms in the air and whoever it was had to get out from under him rather than the other guy getting out of the way, and how many times did they run behind their own player, no advantage was gained because the defence was on song not because no one was impeded.
I'm happy to cop penalties if both teams are being treated the same way, but that screen shot from the Drags site shows they were just as confused. Did the Warriors stop infringing or did Cummins decide he couldn't keep penalising one team without having to penalise the other. There by fucking up his point spread.
There is of course one other possible reason, Cummins is just a shit ref.
I can only go with what i saw on tv. And until they provide an optional wide angle then what i saw was inconclusive tomake me cry biased refs. My point stands everyone says Peranara hates the warriors, but one no call and that was a really different game

Reactions: Swanley

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Do you honestly think the Warriors were worse in the tackle than the Dragons? If we were jumping early than they also had to have been, otherwise if they weren't I doubt Usain Bolt would be able to run down some of those Dragon players they are that quick. FFS Cummins penalised Tohu Harris for getting a knee to the head. The Dragons moved off the mark multiple times and were never asked to go back and I bet if we put jonno's stopwatch on the time in the tackle the Dragons were every bit as slow. Shit at one point they had a player straddling one of the Warriors just standing there with his arms in the air and whoever it was had to get out from under him rather than the other guy getting out of the way, and how many times did they run behind their own player, no advantage was gained because the defence was on song not because no one was impeded.
I'm happy to cop penalties if both teams are being treated the same way, but that screen shot from the Drags site shows they were just as confused. Did the Warriors stop infringing or did Cummins decide he couldn't keep penalising one team without having to penalise the other. There by fucking up his point spread.
There is of course one other possible reason, Cummins is just a shit ref.
Btw Tohu Harris should have gone of at the first hit to the head for an hia, the fact thathe didnt was what lead to him getting knocked out. Not sure how the warriors got away with that one.

If you have a replay go to 11:45 remaing in the first half. The Dragons nearly scored (Isaac saved the day).... its 5th tackle and they lose 32 meters because of our swarming D.
That shit right there makes me see this team has the mettle we haven’t had in years, if ever.
We smothered the fuck out of them and they had literally nowhere to go but backwards. And we shut it down.
Combine that with the player depth..control, skill, speed and attacking fire power we have across the park...Oohh weeee!!
This team is special man!

If you have a replay go to 11:45 remaing in the first half. The Dragons nearly scored (Isaac saved the day).... its 5th tackle and they lose 32 meters because of our swarming D.
That shit right there makes me see this team has the mettle we haven’t had in years, if ever.
We smothered the fuck out of them and they had literally nowhere to go but backwards. And we shut it down.
Combine that with the player depth..control, skill, speed and attacking fire power we have across the park...Oohh weeee!!
This team is special man!
About 40 seconds before halftime - Blair absolutely rocks a charging Tyson Frizzell and just dominates the bloke.
Gotta love Blair and Bully in the middle - just so good to watch.

Super Freak

Brisbane Broncos Bench Player
Green is the third man in on the far side. This is when he was sin binned.

Harsh call indeed.

vlcsnap-2018-04-21-23h31m32s515.png

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
That was a dirty shot from Sims too.
No way he needed to have his knee up thrashing around like that. Only one thing could happen..face full of knee.
Dog shot.

Thing that pissed me off about that is he seemed to have had an attempt that missed and he had another go which copped him, the way I saw it is he had an opportunity to injure him making it look accidental and went for it

Reactions: Citygirl and Akkerz
Been crushing on the Warriors hard all year, been watching replays of games from this year & years gone by any chance I get

I just finished watching those pre season doco's again for the first time since they initially aired

I thought they were good viewing the first time but man it's a totally different context watching them again now

So happy for this team & I feel genuinely proud again to call myself a lifelong Warriors fan ... 95 til I die

Inruin

Contributor
Green is the third man in on the far side. This is when he was sin binned.

Harsh call indeed.

View attachment 25032
Yeah, I thought so at the time. A bit dubious especially as we weren't getting some obvious ones. About 3 or 4 times we caught their markers not even close to being back square and ran at them with no result. Every one of those plays I thought were smart plays and all we ended up with was a wasted tackle and momentum stopped. We weren't 13-5 worse than them.

Thing that pissed me off about that is he seemed to have had an attempt that missed and he had another go which copped him, the way I saw it is he had an opportunity to injure him making it look accidental and went for it
Tariq Sims is a coward.

He knees Tohu Harris in the face three times.

As you say the first is accidental, he keeps going and knees his face twice ...then the third time he really loads up and Muay Thais Harris in the face.

What a chicken shit...hes one of those poofter pretend tough guys.

Last edited:
100% Lisone is in the oppositions playbook every week after the Broncos and Dragons discovered he is Martel on D.

Posted in the lead up of the game day thread that the Dragons would sniff him out....that's their go....find the Lazy guy...score...its why they are so good....fark I couldn't wait till we got him off.

Hes been great running in short spells against tired forwards...give Lawton a crack at that job.
Whats that mean "Martel on D"?
Rick Martel was a fine wrestler but thats no who you mean right?

Edit - Oops Trugoy beat me to that question.

Tariq Sims is a coward.

He knees Tohu Harris in the face three times.

As you say the first is accidental, he keeps going and knees his face twice ...then the third time he really loads up and Muay Thais Harris in the face.

What a chicken shit...love to hook that shit in the head...hes one of those poofter pretend tough guys.

Yeah he is a mongrel, I always kinda liked him and going pretty well this year with a good pack. I thought the knees were on purpose too.

Whats that mean "Martel on D"?
Rick Martel was a fine wrestler but thats no who you mean right?

Edit - Oops Trugoy beat me to that question.
Feleti Martel....same issue as Lisone, and exploited weekly as a weak link on oppositions tip sheets.

Feleti Martel so named by Dale Husband using Maori vowels. Maa-tear- or..... to the Aussie ear sounds like Martel.

Not just poor technique, pure lazy mindset. Cuts corners at training never looks fit enough in the game.

Those types.

Last edited:

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Been crushing on the Warriors hard all year, been watching replays of games from this year & years gone by any chance I get

I just finished watching those pre season doco's again for the first time since they initially aired

I thought they were good viewing the first time but man it's a totally different context watching them again now

So happy for this team & I feel genuinely proud again to call myself a lifelong Warriors fan ... 95 til I die

There was only the two half hour episodes wasn’t there? I feel like there should have been more and I missed some?

Reactions: Sup42
Yeah you don't beat the Aussie teams they usually don't play well. Ok McGregor said in the post match press conference we played well, defended well but his main point is the penalties inside the 20.

We have been giving those away all season. A few clubs have been getting pinged like that. It could be a number of things. Hopefully for us its the guys rushing off to quickly due to increased fitness.

To be fair a few weeks ago our captain asked what we were doing wrong when he got told we were offside. The ref couldn't answer if it was failing to get back or leaving to early. Coaches mentioning these things in press conferences are part deflection from their side or to highlight tactics which refs focus on at a later date which they can benefit on later in the season.

Playing the game at pace like they said was their aim I personally think would suit our side.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/20...ons-tactics-employed-by-new-zealand-warriors/

Yeah, should've been put on teport. Not sure the next one on Tohu Harris wasn't a head butt either...hard to see & they didn't replay from any other angle. But lees looked contrite afterwards so bod there I guess.

Reactions: Citygirl