# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

No Lino or Ligi Sao names in the ISP squad... https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/04/03/teams-named-for-isp-and-jersey-flegg-fifth-round/
Shaun Johnson to sit it out again? That should get AusWarriorsFan all barred up
I bet Ligi is concussed.
Watched that shoulder to the head on replay, Ligi's face took the full impact of the massive hit and his head rocks back violently (never mind the fact his whole body is smashed into reverse).

Seeing that tough fullah clutching his frontal lobe headache on the ground...looked like a brain bouncer.

Sprinting into someones shoulder while they sprint at you...a week off all footy might be a good idea.

Reactions: 11 users
Sup42

Sup42

Manners told Monty this was his last year...then after our start to the season, Manners is on the Kiwi League show saying "Did I say that? ...can't remember...we will see".

He's gonna go round one more aye, you can see it happening.

He won't quit the last chances at a title if his body lets him his mind is going there already.

Reactions: 4 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Funny thing is where does Beale fit?
None of our backline could be dropped on form

Hiku's sitting 2nd on the missed tackles stat page for the NRL - one or two losses where they score down his side and he'll be under pressure.

Reactions: 9 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Hiku's sitting 2nd on the missed tackles stat page for the NRL - one or two losses where they score down his side and he'll be under pressure.

I get that about Hiku and Kata even scored again last week and played a blinder.

So why can't I stop being so biased against Kata and for Hiku?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
eric

eric

I’d be happy for Beale to replace Hiku at some stage. They’re both quality players, Hiku probably slightly more skilful. One thing with Peta though, I reckon he’s holding the ball a couple of seconds too long a lot of the time.

That and his average defence. Just needs a few more strong games and he’ll likely have the 3 jersey locked down.

Don’t really care tbh anyway. For the first time in years I can say I’m totally happy with the squad.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

The Truth

Hiku is a Kearney favourite. He ain’t going anywhere.
I’m still worried about other teams exposing katas side of the field. I thought the Roosters missed an opportunity to target that side all game by being retards with the football. When they did go down there I thought the warriors looked shaky. A good team might tear them apart.

Reactions: 2 users
AlexM

AlexM

Hiku is a Kearney favourite. He ain’t going anywhere.
I’m still worried about other teams exposing katas side of the field. I thought the Roosters missed an opportunity to target that side all game by being retards with the football. When they did go down there I thought the warriors looked shaky. A good team might tear them apart.
Roosters aren't a good team? St George?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
eric

eric

First thought that went through my head too lol.

People are still downplaying these victories and waiting for us to lose so they can say “told u we still suck”.

Reactions: 3 users
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
First thought that went through my head too lol.

People are still downplaying these victories and waiting for us to lose so they can say “told u we still suck”.
Im more hoping this start is that part of the iceberg that can be seen from a distance but really there is a huge amout still to come.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

The Truth

So they played like a good team?
They played the worst half of football from any team I have seen in a long time. Sure we put them under pressure, but 50 odd percent completion? You ain’t going to get that most games.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

All they need do is maintain after that Roosters performance.

Not a lot of teams can go with that, and even then they have to go up a few percentage points again...because this side can play better (Isaac Luke had an off game compared to where he has been, he dropped offloads from Paasi that were straight to his hands, not being critical here, shit happens).

The opening Try we proved in the next repeat of the set play by the Roosters that we can cover it.

All minor stuff.

That's the best I've seen our team play (just my opinion / personal preference, I thought it was class, smart, and adaptive football, the blend of second phase and structure was as good as you'll see anywhere).

Using that as a bench mark the Warriors would be close to unbeatable.

Reactions: 1 user

Dunedin warrior

Such an important game for us. Five out of the next six at home kicking off against an underachieving but star studded Cowboys side.

A win here would set a great tone for the next few weeks given that we have to play some quality teams. Our bench seems too small to me so hope Sao plays, but should be a great game.

Been a while since I have been this excited for a warriors game!

Reactions: 5 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I'd drop Gelling off the bench and have Sao or Satae take his spot. Seems a a bit of a waste, unless they have little confidence in RTVS finishing the game. Even then, you'd think Tohu Harris or Simon could cover centre for 20 mins if need be.

I can only assume Simon will come on at lock and Blair will play prop, though Kearney did say he saw Simon playing on the fringes, so will be interesting to see how he uses him.

Reactions: 7 users

wrighty

I'd drop Gelling off the bench and have Sao or Satae take his spot. Seems a a bit of a waste, unless they have little confidence in RTVS finishing the game. Even then, you'd think Tohu Harris or Simon could cover centre for 20 mins if need be.

I can only assume Simon will come on at lock and Blair will play prop, though Kearney did say he saw Simon playing on the fringes, so will be interesting to see how he uses him.

They seem happy with just rotating in the three forwards off the bench which allows them to give one spot to a back reserve.
There are a couple of other benefits to playing Gelling, one which you have identified is that they are indeed worried about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck finishing the game. The slow motion replay showed his arm being under a lot of stress when the player landed on his joint. Secondly, it makes it easier for Kearney to give the 4th bench spot to Beale when he is fit. Thirdly, Kearney may be making this decision with his feelings/values. He may figure as long as he gives 3 spots to good forwards then it doesn't really matter who gets the 17th spot and in which case he might as well give it to Gelling who joined this club on good faith he would get some game time if he pulled his weight in training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.