General NRL 2018 Round 5 - General Discussion

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Tigers did the same thing to the Storm as last time. Pulled them down into the gutter and turned it into a real arm wrestle. Credit to the Tigers. Wasn't a pretty game to watch, but it's working for them so can't knock the "process" too much.

Now the real game begins!

Reactions: 4 users
demco

demco

Mel Storm are losing games because they can no longer cheat with holding down and the off sides they all ways played b4 I am so glad come on you warriors

Reactions: 2 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Scrappy game but the players seem to be learning. Didn't seem to be many penalties compared to previous weeks

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

Great finish to a scrappy game with one of the NZ boys getting the winning field goal.

Tigers a bit of a surprise packet this year. All defense to, I wonder how long until they shake off their entertainers tag they have been carrying since 2005.

tajhay

tajhay

🏉
SKD having a game...that only he could have. Some absolute shocking moments.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

sydneywarrior92

I'd be really pissed if our first loss is next week. The broncs attack asking no questions and defensively frail.

Aman

Aman

Is it me or this Kayla Ponga hype seem slightly manufactured. He’s been good but the way they go on about him you’d think he was Fusitua or a Kata

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Poor bennett losing it when asked about neither kodi or milford knowing how to control a game....why in the world did they pay 1m a season for a centre in jack bird...insane!

Reactions: 3 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Poor bennett losing it when asked about neither kodi or milford knowing how to control a game....why in the world did they pay 1m a season for a centre in jack bird...insane!
Simple solution. Bird to 5/8 Milf half.
Isn’t Bird a rep half, or was close to it?

In saying that, I just can’t doubt Bennett.
He’s persisted before when people have doubted what he’s up to and egged everyone’s faces.

Selector

Quick observations.

Is Ivan Cleary the only coach currently with a winning record against Melbourne/Craig Bellamy?

Who wouldve thought after 5 rounds Broncos, Storm & Cowboys would all have losing records.

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Broncos looked quite ordinary. Somewhat rudderless on attack.

Reactions: 2 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

Brandy coppin some heat on the Fox Footy after show for saying JT looking like a player who’s played one year too long.
Sheessh, yeah he’s a future immortal for sure but hell, he is looking a bit old out there.
Onya Brandy for telling it how you see it.

Reactions: 8 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Brandy coppin some heat on the Fox Footy after show for saying JT looking like a player who’s played one year too long.
I think that is unfair not only on JT but also on the Warriors. This is a tight competition and it doesn't take much to be off the pace. You can only play as good as the other team lets you.

I have to say though I don't know how Ivan Cleary is doing it with the Tigers. They are not a team of rock stars, but they are winning against very good sides.

Trugoy

Trugoy

I think that is unfair not only on JT but also on the Warriors. This is a tight competition and it doesn't take much to be off the pace. You can only play as good as the other team lets you.

I have to say though I don't know how Ivan Cleary is doing it with the Tigers. They are not a team of rock stars, but they are winning against very good sides.
Pretty sure he’s basing it off the season so far not just the Warriors game.
JT is legend no doubt, I’m a huge fan of his whole career.
Maybe he’s played at such an amazing level for so long that it’s always expected.
But I do tend to agree with Brandy. He doesn’t look the same.
Was funny when Bramdy said it, the panel reacted like it was almost blasphemous lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users