General NRL 2018 Round 5 - General Discussion

What position was he playing? I missed most of the game. Saw Ricky consoling him for a second at the end though.
Played him at 9 off the bench. Came on as replacement for Havili mid way through the first half. A couple of minutes into Hingano's stint, Greg Eastwood received an inside ball and went straight at Hingano and trampled him. Wasn't pretty as Hingano stayed down for a bit. Went off for HIA and didn't return.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Played him at 9 off the bench. Came on as replacement for Havili mid way through the first half. A couple of minutes into Hingano's stint, Greg Eastwood received an inside ball and went straight at Hingano and trampled him. Wasn't pretty as Hingano stayed down for a bit. Went off for HIA and didn't return.
Welcome to the NRL lol. No matter how big they are they will always target the smaller players. Ata better get used to it. He could take tips from Shaun Johnson. His defence has gone from 0 to 95. How he and the club have turned that around is to be admired...

Doggies are living off past reputation

Foran is mentally and physically cooked

Absolutely no threat to our boys and I look forward to smashing them when it’s our turn

That being said I hope they get over then raiders tonight

0-5 for Ricky would be some funny shit to watch
Looks like he’s dragging an anchor the way he runs ( Foran)

Welcome to the NRL lol. No matter how big they are they will always target the smaller players. Ata better get used to it. He could take tips from Shaun Johnson. His defence has gone from 0 to 95. How he and the club have turned that around is to be admired...
Oh no doubt, that's the game isn't it. Big guys will always look to exploit the smallest guys on the park.

Playing Hooker is certainly not for the faint hearted. There's nowhere to hide playing at 9, especially on defence. My initial point was that Sticky was playing Ata out of position. Sure he's got a decent passing game and a decent kick, but above all else, a Hooker has to be able to defend and make his tackles. Ata, at least to my best recollection of him playing here, has never been a great defensive player, nor has played Hooker for any great length of time.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Oh no doubt, that's the game isn't it. Big guys will always look to exploit the smallest guys on the park.

Playing Hooker is certainly not for the faint hearted. There's nowhere to hide playing at 9, especially on defence. My initial point was that Sticky was playing Ata out of position. Sure he's got a decent passing game and a decent kick, but above all else, a Hooker has to be able to defend and make his tackles. Ata, at least to my best recollection of him playing here, has never been a great defensive player, nor has played Hooker for any great length of time.
Difference between him and Jazz is night and day.

Jazz has average pass & kick skills, but a huge motor, an excellent one on one tackle and no fear.
( only making the comparison as Ata was in the 14 jumper)

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I don't like Ricky Stuart but for whatever reason I enjoy it when that Raiders side is playing well. They're usually a good side to watch from an attacking perspective.

Interested to see how if this Roosters side bounces back tomorrow night.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I don't like Ricky Stuart but for whatever reason I enjoy it when that Raiders side is playing well. They're usually a good side to watch from an attacking perspective.

Interested to see how if this Roosters side bounces back tomorrow night.
it used to be common to see a team bounce back like that. To explain. back in the old days the warriors boys would destroy a team, next week (or the week after if you prefer) the opposition would play like crap, due to a serious warriors hang over and then the week after that they would come right and preform.

However, sometimes, the hangover continued or was exacerbated by playing that hangover game and then in week 2 since the warriors game, they get demolished, by another side, because they have only hidden the effects of what happened in the warriors game and not had a chance to rebound from it.

I am hopeful that those days have returned. It adds a fear factor to playing the warriors that we havent seen in a long long time. Recently i think that mantle has been held by the dogs and rabbits, but im really not seeing it this year.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
it used to be common to see a team bounce back like that. To explain. back in the old days the warriors boys would destroy a team, next week (or the week after if you prefer) the opposition would play like crap, due to a serious warriors hang over and then the week after that they would come right and preform.

However, sometimes, the hangover continued or was exacerbated by playing that hangover game and then in week 2 since the warriors game, they get demolished, by another side, because they have only hidden the effects of what happened in the warriors game and not had a chance to rebound from it.

I am hopeful that those days have returned. It adds a fear factor to playing the warriors that we havent seen in a long long time. Recently i think that mantle has been held by the dogs and rabbits, but im really not seeing it this year.

I remember back in the late 90s a few teams would comment about how the Warriors games were usually their toughest physical game of the year despite us not usually winning

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Dogs have bigger problems than just Foran.

Their pack are just fucking useless and not putting in. Wood is a cheque collector. Klemmer doesn’t look interested

They don’t have a #6

Morris twins are over the hill

Dean Pay inherited Des Haslers mess and it’s going to take a few seasons clean that shit up .....

Foran keeps getting smashed week in and week out. You have to wonder how long that body is going to last....

Not to lay the boot in but did we dodge a bullet with Foran.
His body is done.

Manly - his best playing years
Manly - where he messed his life up
Parramatta - he tried. They tried. But his body and life was still a mess.
Warriors - was a long shot. But kinda a come over and chill out bro.
Bulldogs - used goods. He's got the skill. But not sure if he's got any miles left on the clock.

Suggestion. Take a full year off. After 9 months get back to training and see if you'r fresh, healed and keen.

Dogs have bigger problems than just Foran.

Their pack are just fucking useless and not putting in. Wood is a cheque collector. Klemmer doesn’t look interested

They don’t have a #6

Morris twins are over the hill

Dean Pay inherited Des Haslers mess and it’s going to take a few seasons clean that shit up .....

Foran keeps getting smashed week in and week out. You have to wonder how long that body is going to last....
Don’t reckon he’ll see the season out. Dogs attack offers fuck all. Some of there forwards very average

Just caught the Kiwi League show.

For some reason they changed presenters ( Shame, Betham and Tairi do a great job) instead we got the usual crap.

Ben Ikin and Paul Kent were good as always, Ikin looked a bit pissed off with the whole deal.

Cleary was on. Same old Ivan.

SK ended the show on a relaxed note

Why does Nuggets come off as a weirdo ?