Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Screenshot_20180328-163634.png

Heads up that now one is backing us to win this. Under dog status suits us just fine

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Reece Robinson, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Joseph Manu, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Sio Siua Taukeiaho, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Dylan Napa, 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 12 Ryan Matterson, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 15 Zane Tetevano, 16 Mitchell Aubusson, 17 Victor Radley
How in all fuck can they afford that team!? They must have a salary sombrero.

Guessing Sio Siua Taukeiaho has moved to the props to help counter the Warriors speed. He has as big an engine as anyone in our team and will match us pound for pound, speed for speed.

Massive fan of Latrell Mitchell. The kids situational awareness and ability to react is one of the best in the game. Love watching him play...

Danpatmac

Guessing Sio Siua Taukeiaho has moved to the props to help counter the Warriors speed. He has as big an engine as anyone in our team and will much us pound for pound, speed for speed..

been starting in the front row all year, looks good there

Reactions: DANZ
Roosters: 1 James Tedesco, 2 Reece Robinson, 3 Latrell Mitchell, 4 Joseph Manu, 5 Blake Ferguson, 6 Luke Keary, 7 Cooper Cronk, 8 Sio Siua Taukeiaho, 9 Jake Friend (c), 10 Dylan Napa, 11 Boyd Cordner (c), 12 Ryan Matterson, 13 Isaac Liu

Interchange: 14 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 15 Zane Tetevano, 16 Mitchell Aubusson, 17 Victor Radley

Reserves: 18 Nat Butcher, 19 Kurt Baptiste, 20 Mitchell Cornish, 21 Lindsay Collins

Interesting they've shifted SST to prop.
Sheesh, talk about a competition heavyweight!
Scanning that lineup I only see 1 possible weakness..and that’s Robinson on the wing.
My only reasoning is that he’s smaller than Ken, so there’s a chance of barreling him or jumping over him...and umm, also he’s pretty fresh back from Union so might still be a bit League rusty?? (Yeah I know, clutching at some bigass straws on that last one!)
But seriously what a test this weekend.
It’s seems Roosters fans aren’t too worried about our props and admittedly our big boys will be up against it, I mean fuck, look at that Rorters pack! Show em why we brought you home Agnatius!
Really looking forward to this game.
Hoping we shut these ‘yeah but who have they played’ experts up.
Up the boys!

I am so looking forward to this weekends game. I think we will surprise a lot of people again and it will be a close game.

Warriors by 4!!

SK is the man!

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

wrighty

How's JWH's discipline these days? 3-4 years ago he used to be a penalty magnet even for the Kiwis...

Blair actually played at 13 last week Kearney said and Paasi at prop. Props/Locks are pretty interchangable these days, so theres not much difference. Except your lock usually plays longer stints and tends to play as a link more than a prop, of which Blair is our best middle exponent of this. Chances are he didn't start the season at lock because Kearney didn't have his 4 props available, now that Paasi is back he has the luxury to balance the pack how he wants. It was also stated pre season that Simon was locked in on that left edge, so that shouldn't be a surprise. Simon runs a great left edge line, so hopefully his attacking output is cleaner since he doesn't have to make 50 middle tackles. I'm guessing when fully fit Kearneys pack probably looks like -

8. Paasi
9. Luke
10.Gavet
11. Mannering
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Pulu
16. Lisone
17. Afoa

I personally don't mind the balance of that pack and bench at all with the new found fitness.
If fully fit .By finals it will be
8 Satae
9 Luke
10 Sao
11Mannering
12 Harris
13 Blair

14 Lawton
15 Gavet
16 Afoa
17 Pulu
Big boys at the start
An then we up the tempo
Then we smash them with the big boys again
Victory ,Victory an more Victory

Last edited:
Reactions: francis faafua
Blair actually played at 13 last week Kearney said and Paasi at prop. Props/Locks are pretty interchangable these days, so theres not much difference. Except your lock usually plays longer stints and tends to play as a link more than a prop, of which Blair is our best middle exponent of this. Chances are he didn't start the season at lock because Kearney didn't have his 4 props available, now that Paasi is back he has the luxury to balance the pack how he wants. It was also stated pre season that Simon was locked in on that left edge, so that shouldn't be a surprise. Simon runs a great left edge line, so hopefully his attacking output is cleaner since he doesn't have to make 50 middle tackles. I'm guessing when fully fit Kearneys pack probably looks like -

8. Paasi
9. Luke
10.Gavet
11. Mannering
12. Harris
13. Blair

14. Lawton
15. Pulu
16. Lisone
17. Afoa

I personally don't mind the balance of that pack and bench at all with the new found fitness.

Isaiah Papalii over Bunty Afoa

While it's a game I have my doubts if we'll come away with a win, looking at that Rooster's pack there's no reason (if our guys fire) that we cant come away with at least parity or maybe even dominate up front. They've got some class players like Cordner and co who are used to playing at a high intensity, but I wouldn't call them a giant pack...not like the Raiders or Souths pack's. Plus I still think we've got to see the best out of a few of our oompa's yet. Gavet whilst putting some useful numbers out I don't think has put out a dominant display like he was doing last year. Paasi (particulary early last season for the Titans) showed he was capable of putting in a real dominant power forward display.
We get 2 guys like that clicking and all of a sudden we could be rolling over the top of them with our classy spine doing the rest. All the more reason why our discipline with giving away penalties and our possession game need to be on point. Cheap turnovers to classy team like the chooks and we'll be chasing our tail all night.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
I watched that Roosters game last weekend, Cronk and Keary were all over them. And they play smart football, the sort of stuff that aims to catch the opposition napping. Effort alone won't get us over the line in this one, they have to be switched on and prepared for Cronk's kicking game.

If Tedesco finds some form and everything clicks for the Roosters then we'll cop plenty of points. How we start will be key, if we repeat that Raiders opening 20 then it will be game over by half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.