• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Hey boys and girls....what's the story with that Drummer at Aliance ?

Is that the Roosters drummer or one of us ?

Just interested coz the Warriors fans chanted in time to the drum and if it was for the Chooks it had the opposite effect.

There were 2, one was with the chooks and the second was definitely with the Warriors he was decked out in his warriors gear and sitting in the away supporters area. It’s just the Warriors one out shouted the Roosters one.
Was gonna shout out the drummer as one of the unsung heroes of the weekend, he was instrumental (no pun intended) in getting the chants going and the majort of bays 39, 38 & 37 got behind it in full voice- absolutely loved the players coming over with beaming smiles after the game when the supporters all started chanting again after the game it was magical.

Reactions: 8 users
jonno

jonno

Can Green kick field goals? Im just wondering, because when Shaun Johnson came back from his last groin over use, he didnt goal kick. So wondering who will take the job?
I believe Lisone is earmarked for field goal duties when he gets back.;)

And I think this Warriors team is smaller than the other teams, but also fitter and faster around the paddock as a result. We're seeing 4 in the tackles with no problems in the defense line after, because they are all scrambling with relative ease.

The comp has been trending towards big forwards, who can run over the top of defenders, for a while now. But it's gotten too big IMO and our wonderful warriors are taking full advantage of these over-sized, unfit battering rams.

In 2018 mobility and endurance is king.:cool:

Reactions: 4 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I think it was Gasnier who said during the game that the players each look 5kg lighter, Isaac Luke in particular certainly does. Not sure whether they're actually lighter, but they look fitter than they have done in previous years. It's most evident on those defensive sets, where they're scrambling from the ground back to the defensive line and people aren't making those lame exhausted attempts at tackles.
I think its a combination of a couple of things. They look lighter (probably because they are and not just a perception) and they have been hammered in the preseason so have increased stamina and fitness. so, increased stamina and fitness compounded by not carrying that extra 4kgs or 5kgs for however many minutes they play and distance they travel = less fatigued = better decisions and efforts

Reactions: 3 users
kavafred

kavafred

I think that showed as well when he signed Mat Lodge. Everybody has a use by date, mind you it is early in the season so he might surprise us yet.
I reckon the Broncos are stuffed this year if they play Nikorima and Milford in the halves for too much longer. They are terrible!!

Reactions: 1 users

sydneywarrior92

Looks like we have a bigger pack this year. Not the biggest by a long margin but we don't need the biggest. We just need a big enough pack that can lay a strong enough groundwork to let our classy backs to showcase their skills. On occasion when we outrun bigger packs that's a bonus too. How we outran the Roosters by 500-600 odd metres is beyond me given the number of times this same pack has steamrolled us in the past.

warriors4eva

Yes, they play very well but don't have the depth. For example Jason Nightingale is one of my favourite players, an absolute pro, but he will be 32 this year and who have they got to replace him? Mind you if they start picking Green for SOO we might lose something as well.

im totally one eye and biased towards the warriors so hope Green isnt considered for Origin

he had a great year last year for Manly and wasnt in the picture. Dont care who the blues pick aslong as its not a Warrior LOL!!

Reactions: 7 users
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

It only seems like yesterday when Grant Rovelli came to the Warriors, had a couple of ok games and people wanted to know if he could be selected for the Kiwis. Good times.:eek:

Ha! We used to have half a dozen or so people come around for games back in those days. One of us made the comment that Rovelli reminded him of Wayne Rooney... both look like they chased parked cars when they were kids. He became one of those cult players for us, and half the neighbourhood would hear the "Roooney" chant going up from our garage whenever he did something OK.

• Haha
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

The team has certainly started brilliantly but anyone taking top 4/minor premierships after four games is doing one of two things, they have either gone off their meds or are using vodka to wash them down.

Shit after this weekend, I've got us winning the grand final! Better go grab that bottle...

• Haha

Snoopy

Shit after this weekend, I've got us winning the grand final! Better go grab that bottle...

I haven’t seen a Warriors team quite like this before, don’t forget the players we had out - Johnson, Mannering, Gavet, Papalii, Lisone.

Don’t forget the travel we had to do in the 1st 4 weeks - Perth Auckland Canberra and Sydney

This is a different team!!

Top 4 should be a definite goal for us now!

Go Warriors!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

You know the battered Warrior fan in me was thinking "this surely is too good to be true. What if we hear later that the team was found to have been taking performance-enhancing drugs".

I hope that is just a stupid thought. But they physically look the fittest team and even the commentators say that.
They will piss clean.

I have always had a theory that if you expose a group of Willing Polynesian and Maori athletes to the level of Information around how to train your body and mind, that you will create a Petro Civoniceva.

That guy was the perfect Athlete. The ability to fight and fight and fight is in the DNA.

The knowledge around dropping unnatural foods and training smarter and harder just is not available here in NZ unless you go to other sports like Rowing and Swimming.

We recruit kids that don't listen when told the basics...that's partly cultural...a lot of these kids need to be shown....rather than told...because they have learned to only trust what they see rather than the talk at you style of education.

Bringing back so many Athletes from over the ditch would have shown these boys 1st hand that the science is real and works for anyone.

Year three under Corvo we will be struggling to keep some of these guys....but the next crop will be better....exposed younger...identified earlier....to the Olympic way.

Welcome to world class Athleticism Warriors.

Sonny Bill talks one percenters...Olympians talk in millimeters and hundredths of a second.

Our guys look like our Rowers pulling away from the field like they are doped.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Aman

Aman

Has anybody thought that these new ruck, play the ball and offside rules are actually helping us out this year? We use to get pinged for the most incredulous shit every game. Calls always left me baffled and bewildered as to how that was a penalty against us. Only difference this year is I feel equally confused and satisfied when the opposition get done :)

That comment Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made against the Roos when we got pinged just before half time "were working really hard here sir" it really made me think that SK has put alot of emphasis on cleaning shit up from our end and not trying to give the refs anymore reason other than being the warriors to blow the whistle.

I saw it big time in their pre-season stuff when SK was blowing up deluxe with some of our guys about simple stuff like rolling the ball back with your feet. He said something like "play that ball one more time and ill slap your head off" in one of the videos. If anything SK has done an amazing job disciplining this team.

There's no hiding this year behind a Cam smith or a Roosters jersey anymore. Everyones on notice and its fucking beautiful.

Reactions: 10 users
Fazz

Fazz

Yeah, I've gotta say, I've been pleasantly surprised at our discipline (touch wood) in the play the ball area. I figured we'd be constantly screwing that up. In general, our discipline was phenomenal this week. Almost all of the penalties we gave away seemed to be cynical / purposeful ones and not stupid piggyback ones.

Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

Yeah, I've gotta say, I've been pleasantly surprised at our discipline (touch wood) in the play the ball area. I figured we'd be constantly screwing that up. In general, our discipline was phenomenal this week. Almost all of the penalties we gave away seemed to be cynical / purposeful ones and not stupid piggyback ones.
One can only imagine the grief/punishment that SK would hand down to a player who does play the ball properly.

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Has anybody thought that these new ruck, play the ball and offside rules are actually helping us out this year? We use to get pinged for the most incredulous shit every game. Calls always left me baffled and bewildered as to how that was a penalty against us. Only difference this year is I feel equally confused and satisfied when the opposition get done :)

That comment Roger Tuivasa-Sheck made against the Roos when we got pinged just before half time "were working really hard here sir" it really made me think that SK has put alot of emphasis on cleaning shit up from our end and not trying to give the refs anymore reason other than being the warriors to blow the whistle.

I saw it big time in their pre-season stuff when SK was blowing up deluxe with some of our guys about simple stuff like rolling the ball back with your feet. He said something like "play that ball one more time and ill slap your head off" in one of the videos. If anything SK has done an amazing job disciplining this team.

There's no hiding this year behind a Cam smith or a Roosters jersey anymore. Everyones on notice and its fucking beautiful.

I think the refs being stricter helps us in certain aspects for sure.

In the past we never had the most savvy game plan or players in terms of testing defensive boundaries, so you'd see other teams rushing up as a line constantly and us not really following suit.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

I think the refs being stricter helps us in certain aspects for sure.

In the past we never had the most savvy game plan or players in terms of testing defensive boundaries, so you'd see other teams rushing up as a line constantly and us not really following suit.

I think its fair to say we were a pretty dumb team. If anything SK and Green have added some much lacking footy intelligence.

Tragic

Tragic

Just wait tlll the penalties drop down to a "normal" level as players and coaches get used to what is needed from the refs, the ball will be in play for longer periods and fatigue will become a bigger factor.