General NRL 2018 Round 4 - General Discussion

The commentators have made some good observations about the Raiders and how unorganised they are. Each play is an individual play not setting up the next play. Not working to positions of the field.

Also a good point about the chopping and changing in their spine with the dummy halves and spine. It doesn't help with confidence. Then Finch pipes up with a funny bit about having now confidence in the halves. Anasta says yeah I know that. Finch then replies with usually under Sticky.

Reactions: Defence
Barring a late comeback we're looking at the following stat ...

Round 2 - Rabbitohs lose 18-14
Round 3 - Titans lose 54-8
Round 4 - Raiders down 32-16 with 3/4 of the game elapsed

Probably reading too much into it, but as of now WE ARE THE HOODOO, BITCH.
I love your thinking you could be onto something. A good thing to watch throughout the season. There was a season in the early to mid 2000's that the side the week after playing the Warriors would typically lose. The comments then were they were usually bashed up. This year it could be that our side is so fit that it is such a tough game keeping up with them that causes issues backing it up the next week.

Brookvale is a tough road trip. The Raiders this would be their worst performance. They will be pretty down on confidence, going to be hard turning their season around.

Reactions: Horriors2013
I love your thinking you could be onto something. A good thing to watch throughout the season. There was a season in the early to mid 2000's that the side the week after playing the Warriors would typically lose. The comments then were they were usually bashed up. This year it could be that our side is so fit that it is such a tough game keeping up with them that causes issues backing it up the next week.

Brookvale is a tough road trip. The Raiders this would be their worst performance. They will be pretty down on confidence, going to be hard turning their season around.

I'll start getting excited if the Roosters look even more lethargic next week. But it's a nice stat to have early on - I'd love to reach round 10 and see 8/10 losses the following week for opposition. That's the kind of thing that builds and aura, making other teams tentative when you face them - think Melbourne in their prime.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Calling it now, Andrew McFadden will be the next coach of the Canberra Raiders, he's going back home a master assistant and ready for his next chance.

You could do worse, like keep Ricky.

Feel sorry for hingano, being a key part of that mess is one thing, but opting to go join it at the last minute - yeesh.

If I was the raiders I'd move rapana to fullback so he can get his hands on the ball more and wighton to 5/8 where he played his junior footy. That's his best- position- he hits like a backrower.
None of their other halves can tackle for shit.
Also it just looks like they've backed the wrong horse. The powers that be want a quicker game and that's the way it's headed meanwhile Ricky's still building his squad around size.

If I was the raiders I'd move rapana to fullback so he can get his hands on the ball more and wighton to 5/8 where he played his junior footy. That's his best- position- he hits like a backrower.
None of their other halves can tackle for shit.
Also it just looks like they've backed the wrong horse. The powers that be want a quicker game and that's the way it's headed meanwhile Ricky's still building his squad around size.
That would shake things up a bit and make them a bit less predictable. Rapana is spending a lot of time in field anyway.

Next time you ask him for an autograph you should ask him.;) He's got so much problems you might end up as an assistant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death
Going onto nrl.com and first image i see is the Raiders press conference.
My first thoughts were geez Jarrod Croker must be getting sick of sitting next to Ricky Stuart in those press conferences lol

lol his face looks anguished, like he is enduring slow torture.

which is exactly what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: Johnnyray
Stewart blamed the refs last week this week he called out the players for not putting in and said they dont deserve to wear the uniform (or something like that). His time is nearly up I feel.

He is losing his players. He will be the 1st coach to go this season from the looks of it.

Like I have said before he has ruined the confidence of so many halves. 2 seasons ago the same halves were Superstars, had a more mixed season last year and now getting dropped to reserves. Well done Ricky!! How many wooden spoons does he have? Can add another one this year.

He is losing his players. He will be the 1st coach to go this season from the looks of it.

Like I have said before he has ruined the confidence of so many halves. 2 seasons ago the same halves were Superstars, had a more mixed season last year and now getting dropped to reserves. Well done Ricky!! How many wooden spoons does he have? Can add another one this year.
I posted a bit about Kearney needing to learn from his mistakes. Same thing needs to go for Stuart at the Raiders. He would of been close to being on his last chance at a coaching role. His reason from moving from the Eels to the Raiders was the need to be closer to his family to help with on of his kids. That is fine but career wise it limits his option so another reason to make things worse.

They were going well two years back with their big pack and Seizer and Austin.