• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Interesting to hear so much chatter about the Warriors discipline around the place.
Warning, big rant below.
The performance of the refs in the first half made me not want to watch NRL anymore. I'm not sure if they were that incompetent or if corruption in sport is as big of a deal as some people (who I usually laugh at) are right but one way or the other something is seriously wrong.
The only thing more stupid than the inconsistent refereeing was the Canberra coach's (can't bring myself to say his name anymore which is sad given I loved him as a player) reaction. If you hadn't have been handed the first half on a plate by the two men in the middle you would never have been in a position to worry about your last try being disallowed.
The reality is if the raiders turned up to play in the second half instead of looking to milk penalties every tackle and slowing themselves down against a team who was obviously fatigued from hardly touching the ball in the first half they would have won easy. Tbf thou, can you blame the players? After the first half they probably thought all they had to do was ask and the penalty would be granted.
If the NRL can't sort their shit out with referees and the rules of the game very soon the entire NRL will be heading the same way as the sad little man at Canberra and team of whinges. rant over

well its an opinion. Heres mine.

I thought from what i could see the reffing looked pretty good. The refs didnt make those players jump the gun and give up penalties. So lets not blame them for the inadequacies of the players. Would you rather they ignore the rules and just play without refs? Ive never met a fan yet who thinks that the ref is in favour of their team, and surprisingly few on a winning team who think they only won it because of the referring, The reality is that if players took just a second or even a half second before charging down the ground, none of those plays would have been called up. The rule is exactly as it has always been. The defensive team cant move until the foot is on the ball. NOT when the ball hits the ground. Personally i'm a big fan for enforcing rules that exist or removing them. This is a rule that defines a diference between our game and that other one. And should be enforced. IMO.

Mr Frank White

Contributor
In terms of the Raiders, even their own fans think they stand around and milk penalties or complain about not getting one. They call out Croker as a serial offender.

Bottom line, just like MMA, don't leave it in the hands of the judges (refs) .
Tigers learnt that lesson too. Instead of sooking about being robbed, if they could score more than one try a game, it wouldn't have come down to that.
Conversely, if the Raiders could defend at all, they wouldnt have got pipped at the death 3 weeks in a row..

Last edited:

gREVUS

Contributor
In terms of the Raiders, even their own fans think they stand around and milk penalties or complain about not getting one. They call out Croker as a serial offender.

Bottom line, just like MMA, don't leave it in the hands of the judges (refs) .
Tigers learnt that lesson too. Instead of sooking about being robbed, of they could score more than one try a game, it wouldn't have come down to that.
Conversely, if the Raiders could defend at all, they wouldnt have got pipped at the death 3 weeks in a row..
i need to go back and watch those last two runs by Lisone. They claim he had an arm out and Sezer was his intended target. I read that Sezer went down injured, but once he realised no one was watching, jumped up and ran back to defend. This is what the raiders have come to, just more tosers who should never have taken their lead from soccer.

The refs always seem to even up the penalty count especially when it gets one sided early on. Possession often also evens out later in the game.
It is easier to defend early in the game when you are fresh so possession later is more valuable at the back end

So - Forget the 10m early on and give away penalties as much as you like, we get em back later when they are more valuable and it suits our smaller pack to get up quick early when the other bigger teams have more energy.

Is that our plan?

Mr Frank White

Contributor
i need to go back and watch those last two runs by Lisone. They claim he had an arm out and Sezer was his intended target. I read that Sezer went down injured, but once he realised no one was watching, jumped up and ran back to defend. This is what the raiders have come to, just more tosers who should never have taken their lead from soccer.
100%. Watch the "last 2.20 of the game" video on YouTube.
He goes down like a sack of shit clutching his throat until play continues, he realises it's not stopping, and then he scuttles quick smart back to the defensive line.

gREVUS

Contributor
The refs always seem to even up the penalty count especially when it gets one sided early on. Possession often also evens out later in the game.
It is easier to defend early in the game when you are fresh so possession later is more valuable at the back end

So - Forget the 10m early on and give away penalties as much as you like, we get em back later when they are more valuable and it suits our smaller pack to get up quick early when the other bigger teams have more energy.

Is that our plan?
I wouldnt be surprised if it was. They maybe a little caught out by the sendings off, but the NRL did say it would be using the Bin a lot more this year.

Reactions: francis faafua

my thoughts exactly..the penalty given by the referees on an awesome tackle by Jazz Tevaga on luke bateman was a joke..great hit and then luke acted like his legs were taken away from him when trying to get up. Referees were absolutely giving every 50/50 call to the raiders which is what Shaun Johnson was hinting about at the end of the game interview. The boys had everything going against them and still prevailed, which is why there was a huge sense of relief and joy at the end of the game..sticky and his raiderettes got their just deserts

they're probably just gonna use it on us a lot more i guess..so i hope they are working on being ready for those scenarios..the best rugby team in the world practice for it ....because we all know that most of the nrl refs are'nt going to make it easy for us...we've just gotta play smart

Read through a few pages on the green house now, they are calling for Rickys head, not one of them supporting him.
Our forum platform is much better, heaps easier to read and follow than theirs.

We have one of the nicer forum platforms I've used tbh. All credit to the mods because I've been on some fucking shockers. League Unlimited's is shonky as hell, for one.

But yeah, lol@Sticky that guy is a grade A flog and while I like the Raiders, watching them lose makes me laugh because of the coach.

Just watched the presser where Ricky Stuart effectively suggests that the ref deliberately helped the Warriors to win by not signalling time-on after stoppage of play... WTF? not sure we were watching the same game, but I never personally got the impression of any pro-Warriors bias from the ref, lol

I never like complaining about refs because they are human and calls are marginal at times.

This game though I felt the Raiders got a lot of marginal calls. The commentators even say so in the middle of the 2nd half.

That was a clear obstruction call - easy.

Ricky Stuart is such a dog. Blows up about what I thought was a fairly clear call in obstructing the defender to say that’s why they lost. Even though it’s cuz they shat the bed and the Warriors put it on em.Ivan Cleary didn’t even acknowledge the referring blunder that cost his team a well deserved victory. Such a difference. Sucks the warriors aren’t getting any credit

Ricky Stuart is such a dog. Blows up about what I thought was a fairly clear call in obstructing the defender to say that’s why they lost. Even though it’s cuz they shat the bed and the Warriors put it on em.Ivan Cleary didn’t even acknowledge the referring blunder that cost his team a well deserved victory. Such a difference. Sucks the warriors aren’t getting any credit
On NRL 360 they show Stuart with the try spliced in. Stuart clearly states "This weeks ruling of the player on the inside shoulder of the player that wasn't obstructed was a try". All the while showing Afoa getting pushed out of the way so he couldn't get a fair shot at Paulo.

If he feels strongly about it. Would he have liked it if the Warriors ran the same play. Hell no he'd be blowing up deluxe that his guys try their guts out for that to happen.

It's a pity more league identities don't call him out.

On NRL 360 they show Stuart with the try spliced in. Stuart clearly states "This weeks ruling of the player on the inside shoulder of the player that wasn't obstructed was a try". All the while showing Afoa getting pushed out of the way so he couldn't get a fair shot at Paulo.

If he feels strongly about it. Would he have liked it if the Warriors ran the same play. Hell no he'd be blowing up deluxe that his guys try their guts out for that to happen.

It's a pity more league identities don't call him out.

Yea man this whole thing is fucking me off. I use to like supporting the raiders as back up default team. No more, bunch of fucking sore losers

I suspect after we wrecked Manu's body with all those 110kg 6ft 4 inch impact force physics....that our club Doctor has some say in being measured with kicks to the Wing.

I used to get lambasted in that era for decrying the short sighted thinking of the kick to Manu.

I was right in the end....it was so over used that the magnificent beast couldn't jump for even a tap back.

An occasional leap in your career is fine....being the sole leaper is dangerous and hazardous to ones chances of a long and healthy career. There is no getting away from the leaping defending a kick....more leaping is asking for it.

Manu kept his ten trys per season without Jumping...why ? The Warriors learned how to play backline structure post Cleary.

Manu could have been so much more with someone like Jamie Lyon feeding him in space ( same is true of Lomu in Union).

I would hate to see David Fusituas body used as a human Cannon ball....His ability to fly horizontally with no room and reach out with those ten foot arms needs no suicide leaps into collision and unpredictable landings.

Maybe once in a blue moon....when all else fails and the game is in the dying seconds.

Maybe my background in Basketball has coloured my thinking about the insanity of being airborne while someone can legally collide with you mid air...and unlike Basketball...totally fk any chance you might have of landing on both feet.

How ridiculous would it be were Basketballers allowed to smash into each other while competing for the ball in groups ?

There is a good reason they don't set up plays to intentionally collide in the air at full tilt.

As for those NFL nuts....that shits just wrong....spinal and head injury lunacy.
I am not suggesting this be our only tactic, no one wants a return to the one dimensional attack of bomb to manu. without checking back on the tape i am pretty sure we bombed to kens wing more than Fusituas. I think we could bomb a couple of times a game to Fusitua without endangering his career

I am not suggesting this be our only tactic, no one wants a return to the one dimensional attack of bomb to manu. without checking back on the tape i am pretty sure we bombed to kens wing more than Fusituas. I think we could bomb a couple of times a game to Fusitua without endangering his career
Yeah I should have stated Fusitua is the better player in the air, no disrespect nor argument from me about your original points intended, I just hate the tactic given that our natural strength is running with a ball and our biggest chink is our passing game.

Reactions: rugged