• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stalefish540

Contributor
It comes back to whether he used is arms in the tackle under the new interpretation of the law. Here’s the revision of that law here:

• The contact is forceful, and;
• The player did not use, or attempt to use, his arms (including his hands) to tackle or otherwise take hold of the opposing player.

If you watch the vision he does use his arms ... after forceful contact, so he may be alright.
Papalii hit Hiku down on their line with no arms. But no charge ofcourse. NRL coming to cut our grass and it's only Rnd3. Jokers.

WarriorBall

Papalii hit Hiku down on their line with no arms. But no charge ofcourse. NRL coming to cut our grass and it's only Rnd3. Jokers.

And Blair would be the obvious target, it’ll take more than a haircut to hide him from the match officials this season.

I understand now he will be clear to play against the Roosters if he cops the early guilty plea but he’ll need to be careful around dangerous contact for the remainder of the season ... I don’t like his chances.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Frank White

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
If he loses time on the sideline I will hit my shit.

They gave Blair 10min which I thought was harsh because it wasn’t that late or bad. Ref said himself it was mainly because of Luke’s earlier high tackle and constant penalties. The tackle itself was borderline ok.

I will admit though, Lisone’s hit ups where he raised the elbow both times could be a problem.

Exactly... Well said... so why the confusion? The BIG Question is why the Aussie media have kept running the obviously Bad Loser that is Ricky Stuart story?
Because a kiwi team won, look at this ball tampering thing in the cricket, they cant help themselves, plus the media love drama and ricky is the perfect drama queen

Reactions: ACT Warrior
If he loses time on the sideline I will hit my shit.

They gave Blair 10min which I thought was harsh because it wasn’t that late or bad. Ref said himself it was mainly because of Luke’s earlier high tackle and constant penalties. The tackle itself was borderline ok.

I will admit though, Lisone’s hit ups where he raised the elbow both times could be a problem.
He really smashed Sezar ,2 hits near identical. Same field position and tackle too - he should've learnt the first time.

Elbow2.png
Elbow.png

Looks like his arm slipped up due to the upward pressure coming from the 13 lifting him under the rib cage.

We really need to get this lifting out of the tackle asap. It's just straight up dangerous.

Was good to see the team had a prepared procedure for drop goals. They had trained for it. This is in stark contrast to Cappy admitting after the Sharks game in 2016 that they had never trained for it. Watching the replay both drop goals they are almost completely mirror image sets. Like a glitch in the Matrix. Shifted same ways, blockers in the same position, Johnson sitting in the same pocket...
Great to see them composed to work through those two sets and nail the same play.

To flip things around though. The Raiders had it happen twice, they should have at least had some idea of what was happening the second time around. Sounds like something another side would have done to us.

Compare it to this one last year on Cronk in the preliminary final for which he wasn’t charged by the judiciary.
He might be a victim of different colour jersey syndrome. It often doesn't affect Broncos.;)

Reactions: WarriorBall
Just watched the presser where Ricky Stuart effectively suggests that the ref deliberately helped the Warriors to win by not signalling time-on after stoppage of play... WTF? not sure we were watching the same game, but I never personally got the impression of any pro-Warriors bias from the ref, lol
He seems to be able to find a refereeing conspiracy against his team out of all sorts of small things. I agree with Kearney it seemed like we were getting hammered. I believe it eventually got to 10-10 for the penalty count. That was probably part square up and their discipline going as they got tired.

Look at all their possession at the start and they barely did anything with it?

After a period of being against 12 men it was the Raiders that were kicking for the touch line looking for a break in play. They also were down on their haunches before half time.

A credit to our fitness but also should be a concern for them.

He said he'll come off like a whinger but needs to defend his team. It would of come across a bit better if he acknowledged his opposition. Tough for Stuart I know but if he said the Warriors did well hung in there and took their opportunities but I believe a few key calls cost us it would of come across a bit better imo.

If there was an issue with the clock I'm sure there are enough fans on here that could testify. Our side was down looking for a comeback we needed all the time we could get.

I for one looked at the clock to see it stopped in time and I'm sure most of the people on this site did as well.

Just watched the presser where Ricky Stuart effectively suggests that the ref deliberately helped the Warriors to win by not signalling time-on after stoppage of play... WTF? not sure we were watching the same game, but I never personally got the impression of any pro-Warriors bias from the ref, lol

I watched the replay of the game - to me for whatever reason Canberra only had one marker, all players moved at the same time, nothing to do with the whistle.

Reactions: kurgal
i missed the no try obstruction call. what is everyones thoughts on here about it?
Some commentators seem to have forgotten the other element to obstructions, they only look for whether or not the player behind catches the ball on the outside shoulder and think as long as you do that it is fine. However the TMO, correctly didn't even make it that far because the block runner ran straight through and took out our player while the ball was being passed. Correct call, coaches are just hoping for bad calls in their favor because of the inconsistent reffing.

Last edited: