• Immortal

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
How smart were the team when they gave Cecchin such respect after the game recently when he announced his retirement from NRL refereeing

I sense we will get some payback this weekend when he refs us - he will be a right cu** if he doesn’t ref us favourably
Actually been really impressed with the Warriors and their respect this year for retiring players and ref, lets hope the respect continues friday nite with Mr Mannering.. ;);)

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
I would put hiku at fullback for abit just to cover in case of injury.

Harris to play 80mins same for pulu. He needs time on the left edge as possible.

Give luke as much rest as possible.

Im happy its a friday game. Helps to get a full weeks prep and rest before a final. I would love to play week 1 in brisbane. Would be the most electric game of the finals considering the type of style we play in brisbane. Would be a good way to start the campaign with a win in brisbane.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
my exact thoughts. we have enough players versatile enough to cover injuries in the backs, id feel more comfortable with Pulu as insurance/luxury sub over beale or hiku.
Yep definitely. But Beale over Hiku by a big margin. I think we need to get use to the idea of having Hiku as a back up in ISP or sell Beale. Beale is way to good on defense and just as good offensively not to play him. Karl Lawton is the ultimate back and potentially forward sub like Jazz, similar size. Has the most intensity of any one bar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in the club. He already covers Hooker to wing, I think he could easily handle a lighter forwards position like Jazz does and reshuffle. Then we have 3 extra subs at our dispossal. Jazz has played well lately though. Lawton, Jazz and 2 big boppas haha. No what we need is 80 minute forwardss in the warriors, we will be losing mannering and who is replacing him? Thats why I didnt think Ah Mau was a priority purchase. Id rather use his money and mannerings to buy another 80 minute reliable forward.

So happy Ken has resigned, we are building for a big year next year. Stop losing these SHOULD have won games and we would have easily won MP this year with one of the hardest draws of any club.

So its looking VERY unlikely we will make 4 even if doggies beat sharks, but we may be able to slip into 6, which would mean a home game?

We SHOULD beat the raiders with this team, but it was very close last time and to be fair the raiders have lost more games than they have been beaten, they could make the 8 with more 80 minute football concentration and fitness. I just hope they dont take it out on us.

My prefered team to play in round one is Panthers, second choice would be Dragons, then Broncos. Both Panthers and Dragons have slid soooo badly without their quality halves.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Saw Bunty and Pulu doing some recovery/training early on Saturday morning.

Pulu is far from full fitness by the looks so I understand why he is only being given a limited roll at the moment.

Bunty looked fit and firing though!

It's quite telling that even though Pulu is not 100% he still adds great value.

The first finals game we play I will be very interested to see our top team named.

I'm also glad that our right edge has been reunited and still has it's killer instinct.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Beale v Hiku.

I like them both but for the obvious different reasons.

Me too. My problem with Hiku is two fold, his defense, his defense. He can single handedly loose a game and twice did this year. It was his last effort that got him reserve grade. I like Hiku, just like everyone else i just get frustrated when he has a bad game. Also doesnt say much about coaches confidence naming the in form centre on the bench, even if it is a ploy, no way hes leaving Beale on the bench. Personally Id like to see 3 forwards and Lawton.

Offensively he is more of a team player than an offensive centre, where Beale is more of an offensive centre than just a team player, he is also vastly more competent on defense. But at least both players pass the ball when required. I dont see why Kata has been untouchable this year and Id love to see Hiku and Beale used in a few games in a row to assess the mix and to get Ken the ball. Dont get me wrong Kata is also excellent on D and is hard to stop 5m running onto a short ball. But a lot of the long range stuff gets snuffed out but him hogging the ball. Next year when Kearney moves the team to focussing on offense, there will be no room for players who dont share the ball when a player is wide open.

For now, going into the finals, I feel Beales experience, better D and offensive one on one capability vs Hikus ability to set a player up is going to be important, after all, one loss and your out. Beale wont lose us a game and I dont feel Hiku is good enough to be chosen to risk our finals chances. If he was Shaun Johnson Id say maybe, but he isnt that good on offense.

Its a shame he cant improve on that game, in some ways it makes him more suitable to winger, but that games covered. Likewise its a shame Kata hasnt learnt when to hold the ball and when to pass it. He could make an excellent hooker Kata if he could learn when to pass the ball. Can you imagine, 5 dummy half runs in a row lol.

Boy if we could make 5 or 6 that would be a big improvement considering how tight this comp this year has been, tightest ever. To think all positions are still available in the top 8. The Sharks win last week was really gutting though after the dragons and penrith lost, i thought yes there is a chance of top 4.

Its highly likely the Panthers will lose to the storm, so thats 5th or 6th place open, I cant see Newc doing us a solid although you never know at home. But broncos wont lose to manly. So to get any chance of 5th we need to pile on the points to be safe. Currently its 2 points between broncs and us. In saying this if panthers finish 7th id like to be playing them. Either way I think both dragons and panthers will be out week 1. who would have thought that possible 10 weeks ago.

I can remember week 4 and I said Storm would be MP followed by roosters. Everyone laughed they got off to such a bad start. Just like the warriors getting off to such a good start. its too easy to read into a team in the first 8 weeks. I didnt expect the bunnies to do so well. I did call for the dragons sliding out of the 8 again, didnt quite happen. We could dropped at least 6 games we should have won, to think winning only half of them would have won the MP just like our first GF year. Anyone would think it was all hard top 8 games we lost, of course some were, but that panthers game we got thrashed with no Cleary or Maloney was embarrassing. Still we managed 2nd best goal line D which would have been Kearneys goal after last year achieving top 4 in Completions and next year I feel with this Roster having been together a while he will go to town on offense and we will have a real solid should at our maiden Prem.

Papali'i has come along just at the right time with Mannering leaving. He has brains and endurance. I think he has the goods to become one of the clubs greats.

Lino and Shaun Johnson actually went well together last week, normally Lino plays better with Green. If they play well again this year, I can see them coming together when green retires.

Was nice to see some offense outside passing to Fusitua,, bombing to Fusitua, or passing to Kata on the 5m line last week. Really need variety.

Reactions: Off The Bench

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Beale v Hiku.

I like them both but for the obvious different reasons.

Beale - consistent with a lower ceiling.

Hiku - inconsistent with a higher ceiling.

My personal choice is to reinsert Hiku to reunite our most potent attacking unit of

Shaun Johnson. Bully. Tohu Harris. Hiku. Fusitua with an option for Green and Captain Marvellous to come over to stack the numbers.
Agree entirely. But I would place Beale next to Ken and test whether we can have potent attacks on both sides. Now that would be a bit radical don't you think? We'd loose nothing in left defence and add possibly much more to attack.

Lance155

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Agree entirely. But I would place Beale next to Ken and test whether we can have potent attacks on both sides. Now that would be a bit radical don't you think? We'd loose nothing in left defence and add possibly much more to attack.

Still risky changing combinations now...next year sure I am all for it. The previous post logic of Beale over Hiku for the finals is exactly what I think. Hiku while much better on attack is just too risky. We are only playing the best teams now so we cannot afford any liabilities because they will be exploited. We might miss a opportunity or 2 with Beale but I can tell you now that won't be why we lose.

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Yep definitely. But Beale over Hiku by a big margin. I think we need to get use to the idea of having Hiku as a back up in ISP or sell Beale. Beale is way to good on defense and just as good offensively not to play him. Karl Lawton is the ultimate back and potentially forward sub like Jazz, similar size. Has the most intensity of any one bar Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in the club. He already covers Hooker to wing, I think he could easily handle a lighter forwards position like Jazz does and reshuffle. Then we have 3 extra subs at our dispossal. Jazz has played well lately though. Lawton, Jazz and 2 big boppas haha. No what we need is 80 minute forwardss in the warriors, we will be losing mannering and who is replacing him? Thats why I didnt think Ah Mau was a priority purchase. Id rather use his money and mannerings to buy another 80 minute reliable forward.

So happy Ken has resigned, we are building for a big year next year. Stop losing these SHOULD have won games and we would have easily won MP this year with one of the hardest draws of any club.

So its looking VERY unlikely we will make 4 even if doggies beat sharks, but we may be able to slip into 6, which would mean a home game?

We SHOULD beat the raiders with this team, but it was very close last time and to be fair the raiders have lost more games than they have been beaten, they could make the 8 with more 80 minute football concentration and fitness. I just hope they dont take it out on us.

My prefered team to play in round one is Panthers, second choice would be Dragons, then Broncos. Both Panthers and Dragons have slid soooo badly without their quality halves.
disagree on beale, he doesnt have the feel for the game hiku has. i agree on defence, but we saw on the weekend hikus value in setting up, its the stuff kata cant even do so i would put kata on the chopping block first before hiku. he does make a credible impact but also does need harris and co to mask some of his faults

Reactions: Old Sid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings