• Immortal

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I seriously don't know why we always carry a extra back on the bench when we already have hybrid man Tevaga as a small forward there. Plus we have no injury concerns so whats the point of taking up a space o nthe bench just to play 5 minutes at the end of every game. Pulu is a fucking gun find space for him

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
The fact that Gelling is on the extended bench must mean that Beale is still doubtful. It also casts doubt on Pulu being swapped for Beale. Staggering. Our backs would carve if they get a platform.

Reactions: Off The Bench

WarriorBall

I seriously don't know why we always carry a extra back on the bench when we already have hybrid man Tevaga as a small forward there.

It’s to do with Tevaga, he plays 60 minutes off the bench which is enough to rest more than one of our middles and carrying a back on the bench in case of HIA/Injury is luxury afforded to SK because of it.

Don't get me wrong I would prefer a stacked interchange but I think Kearney believes he has 3 legitimate forwards on his bench as well as dummy half cover, however if our back three are well contained as they have been on occasion this season we get pinned down on our line too easily because of the lack of firepower off the bench and are essentially fatigued out of the game and it's the good sides that have done it to us.

It's a gamble that's mostly worked this season so it's hard to be overly critical but on occasion I've checked the stats and noticed we've had two spare interchanges at the end of the match and not because of a freebie through an HIA, seems like a complete waste but when you've got 100kg wingers doing much of the heavy lifting and the likes of Papali'i/Tohu Harris/Blair/Mannering and even Pulu all capable 80 minute players if asked to start there's not much time left for the rest thanks to the junk yard dog and his incredible work rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

kbazi

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 18, 2014
They NRL want to limit interchanges to tire players and make the game more open.
Kearney does it to his own team by choice.
It’s not smart SK. I know you think it offers you a point of difference but we don’t need it. We can beat any team on the day without playing a 2 forward pack bench. Just give the guys a chance.
When the NRL reduce the interchange to introduce fatigue into the game, I genuinely think this will work in our favour, and we will be one of the teams least affected by it.

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 4, 2016
It’s to do with Tevaga, he plays 60 minutes off the bench which is enough to rest more than one of our middles and carrying a back on the bench in case of HIA/Injury is luxury afforded to SK because of it.

Don't get me wrong I would prefer a stacked interchange but I think Kearney believes he has 3 legitimate forwards on his bench as well as dummy half cover, however if our back three are well contained as they have been on occasion this season we get pinned down on our line too easily because of the lack of firepower off the bench and are essentially fatigued out of the game and it's the good sides that have done it to us.

It's a gamble that's mostly worked this season so it's hard to be overly critical but on occasion I've checked the stats and noticed we've had two spare interchanges at the end of the match and not because of a freebie through an HIA, seems like a complete waste but when you've got 100kg wingers doing much of the heavy lifting and the likes of Papali'i/Tohu Harris/Blair/Mannering and even Pulu all capable 80 minute players if asked to start there's not much time left for the rest thanks to the junk yard dog and his incredible work rate.

Agree it's all about Jazz. Personally I think it's dumb, but we are winning games despite of it. Like you say good teams punish us for it, and that is who we are playing for the most part in the finals. Personally I don't think we'll get away with it as line speed in the finals is faster and the teams push the boundaries more. This team can beat anyone if they are given the platform to do it, with the current interchange we don't need a small forward on for 60 minutes although he has a place. The ability to play big minutes doesn't mean they have to: they could be even more effective for less minutes

I guess you just have to grin and bear it at this point, but I unfortunately think our best games have been when injury has forced Kearney to chose a traditional bench.

Last edited:

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
A good test this week. Although out of finals contention the Raiders have got a few victims recently.

A team with a big pack which we need negate. To get through the finals we have some big sides to nullify which has been what has caused us issues.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
I'd like Pulu in, just because Beale is pretty much fucking useless. Yeah, he can play any position, but I'm not convinced he plays any of them particularly well. He starved Fusitua of possession and dropped the ball way too much for my liking. He's a decent-ish player, but he's not exactly Jack Bird who is earning a million a year, so NEEDS to be on the bench. Not when we could really use another forward AND Tohu Harris could push into centre at a pinch, while Fusitua and Roger basically cover any other position that would need to be plugged. Unless we cop several injuries (in which case we'd be fucked anyway) I just don't see a need for a utility back.

If Hiku has another decent game, I'd hope Beale shifts position to left-right-out.

Reactions: hman

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Like most others would prefer Pulu on the bench
Even when he just plays for 15 minutes it helps

When Fusitua scored his 3th try vs pamfers Pulu ran the touchline to support Shaun Johnson.
When Shaun Johnson went to boost it around Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Pulu cut inside in an awesome effort to do so for a bigger body.

I'm massively impressed at his effort as well as his commitment to be there and get there.

So I consider Shaun Johnson's contribution the same as Pulu's contribution the same as Fusitu'a's contribution to score it.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When Fusitua scored his 3th try vs pamfers Pulu ran the touchline to support SJ.
When SJ went to boost it around Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Pulu cut inside in an awesome effort to do so for a bigger body.

I'm massively impressed at his effort as well as his commitment to be there and get there.
Good spotting. I've been impressed with him this year. Also quite licked having him and Papalii coming off the bench as they seemed to provide a bit of energy. Both have had good seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings