• A

• B

• C

• FFF---

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
I think a lot of players stepped up tonight.
No Gavet and greens not great.
Mannering leaving the field , Luke hia.
Paasi , Mason, Jazz , Hiku all played out of there skins. Jazz had some errors and you could see he was stressed in DH, but I think he did a fair enough job.
Tohu Harris and Blair huge in D. Love Blair's aggressive touch on rapana.
What a physical grind game. Shit conditions too.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Shaun Johnson was clearly better than Roger Tuivasa-Sheck tonight.
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck missed a chance to sow up the dally m.
Heyzeuss spare me!! What did Roger Tuivasa-Sheck do wrong? Shaun Johnson fed the ball beautifully to his outside men, as he always does so can take credit for two tries. However his general kicking was nowhere near as good as Canberra's and his goalkicking was definitely sup par, as usual. It is almost time to look at Lino as a goal kicker. Also it was Shaun Johnson who got pushed over for their first try. I am not saying the guy is no good, just over rated for the money he is on. I cannot see any other club offering him the money he is on here, especially Melbourne with the talent they have coming through.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Heyzeuss spare me!! What did Roger Tuivasa-Sheck do wrong? Shaun Johnson fed the ball beautifully to his outside men, as he always does so can take credit for two tries. However his general kicking was nowhere near as good as Canberra's and his goalkicking was definitely sup par, as usual. It is almost time to look at Lino as a goal kicker. Also it was Shaun Johnson who got pushed over for their first try. I am not saying the guy is no good, just over rated for the money he is on. I cannot see any other club offering him the money he is on here, especially Melbourne with the talent they have coming through.

Mate halfbacks get paid the most money in the game. Tell me a halfback who's had a better year?
Something else I noticed watching tonight's games- Shaun Johnson has a better kicking percentage than Cameron smith- should Melbourne replace him?

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Great grinding win, just what the boys needed.

And the Chechin post game acknowledgement and thanks, 2-3 weeks ago, from the boys worked wonders tonight. This was his best refereeing display for a Warriors game period!

He was doing his best to be very fair all night.

Amazing foresight SK! :rolleyes:

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Got home late from the game and watched the Storm/Panthers game on TV. Thanks Storm, you pricks. Unless both Dragons and the Broncos lose tomorrow we won't get a home semi. It looks like we might be eighth and get the Panthers in Sydney.

Some comments on the game. I reckon we were lucky to to have Fusitua not penalised for taking out a catcher in the air on one of their last plays. Did anybody comment on that?

I couldn't believe the Raiders trainer. He was on the field constantly lining up their defence. I thought that shit was banned long ago. I think at one stage they had two of the bastards on. Heyzuess spare me. Bloody disgusting.

The Raiders played well but we were behind in all the stats except kick metres and tackles. We really missed Blake Green. That is not a criticism of Mason Lino but Shaun Johnson is not the second coming of Heyzeuss (as some seem to think) and is not a total game manager. His goalkicking percentage and all round kicking game is not outstanding. He is always a danger on attack though because nobody knows what he is going to do. He has a lot of gaps in his game for such a well paid player. I hope this doesn't come back to bite the club in the arse as he slows down.

Hiku can be brilliant but infuriatingly error prone. His first try they were watching him to pass to Fusitua and he went through himself. So next time they ignore Fusitua, wrap up Hiku and he offloads brilliantly to Fusitua. Yet towards the end of the game, when we need to be steady and no errors and he allows a soft one on one strip. He is as typical a Warrior as you could get.

The atmosphere was electric and if anything I think the boys were trying too hard, especially on attack. In a way I think they can do better away without the pressure. Ken and Fusitua made some uncharacteristic errors. Ken might still be carrying an injury.

There were times the Raiders pack were absolutely stuffed and walking around like zombies. A decent game manager would have taken advantage of that, built pressure and then screwed them. Instead our attack was rushed and impatient and allowed them of the hook, which they gratefully accepted, with interest.

Also there was a time in the second half when we had about five players to two on the 20 with the goal line open and I think it was Jazz didn't make the pass. Again that showed lack of composure than Blake Green would have helped with.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, what can you say about the guy? He is the best captain we have ever had and never stops trying.

Oh, our forwards completely dominated the stats. It should have been a comfortable win. However the Raiders didn't give up and we didn't play our best. An ugly win really.

Just saying like.

Good call B.Ruce.

Jazz went right when the rest of humanity knew to go left. Jazz < playmaker.

Ken's pass to Fusitua in traffic looked like he didn't want to make hard contact.
Give him an injection and remind him it's big game time now. Do or die.

Captain Marvellous wasn't at his best imho re: out of position for the 40/20 albeit a surprise kick.

In other weeks he would have taken the ball dead and backed our goal line D but he willed it over the sideline and Rapana setup the try.

But he's an irresistible force of positive energy and a great and developing Captain.

Hiku - yup ultra high ceiling with ultra low consistency. Prototypical Warrior in years past.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Good call B.Ruce.

Jazz went right when the rest of humanity knew to go left. Jazz < playmaker.

Ken's pass to Fusitua in traffic looked like he didn't want to make hard contact.

Captain Marvellous wasn't at his best imho re: out of position for the 40/20 albeit a surprise kick.

In other weeks he would have taken the ball dead and backed our goal line D but he willed it over the sideline and Rapana setup the try.

But he's an irresistible force of positive energy and a great and developing Captain.

Hiku - yup ultra high ceiling with ultra low consistency. Prototypical Warrior in years past.
2nd best Warrior on the field according to Stuff 8/10, they gave Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 4/10..

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got caught out by early kicks but that can happen to anyone if the other team has the balls to risk giving the ball away for a chance at field position, and Rapanas kick was pure luck

Reactions: Fearmuss and bruce

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck both weren't 10/10 tonight.
Shaun got rolled a few times 1 on 1 and shanked a kick or 2 , Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got caught out a few times positionally and nearly let in some tries ala Blake Austin.
They were both solid 7/10 though. And we won!

Reactions: PhilsySH35

KingKon

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 10, 2012
If the Broncos are to win by 1 point then both the Warriors and Broncos would have a points differential of +25. If that's the case, the Warriors would finish as the higher ranked team as our points percentage is marginally better (i.e. our points scored divided by our points conceded).

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Mate halfbacks get paid the most money in the game. Tell me a halfback who's had a better year?
Milford certainly hasn't for sure, nor Ben Hunt or JT, funny that, and they are on good money. You mention Cameron Smith. They got beaten tonight but he is the ultimate game manager. That is what we missed tonight. That was a bloody ugly win against a side we were clearly better than except in kick metres and gola kicking. Just saying like because it cannot be denied.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Should probably stop and appreciate the fact we went 15 regular wins to our 7 last season. We may not be the complete package yet, but we've made some great progress this season.
For sure we did and the improvement is tangible. Is there a more improved side in the competition? However this is a very tough competition and I found it frustrating that such a dominant performance by our forward pack almost went unrewarded. I felt we got the rub of the green tonight.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
To be fair to Ken there was a massive overlap for Fusitua to take advantage of. I thought it was a fair option. It didn't look like he was trying to avoid traffic. He still took some heavy hitups. The pass wasn't fantastic either but Fusitua usually has hands like glue.

kbazi

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 18, 2014
If we play Dragons or Panthers at home (7th and 8th looking likely) will it be at ANZ / Homebush or would it be at Pepper stadium / Jubilee oval?

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
I thoughr that was a good game with two commited teams. Especially in those conditions.

The let down for me was general game management and respecting possession. Wrong options and passing and offloading for the sake of of it pressured them. That is a concern composure and making the right pressure decisions.

Getting Green back will make a big difference.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings