Really good to get an ugly, clunky game out of the way while also securing the two points. Would have been a good kick up the ass for the team to make sure they bring their best next week.
- pray to God Mannering's okay and will be fit for next week, would hate for that to have been his last game for us
- forwards did well to aim up against a much bigger side (especially Paasi
- each week when I select my warriors team I'm always so hesitant to put Maumalo
into my side... today he reaffirmed that, doesn't seem to have anything in him besides hit-ups imo and that's something you shouldn't hear about first-grade players
- pleased that we managed to win having lost mannering and luke but thought we definitely missed their leadership too
- Roger's ball-playing is starting to look REALLY good and I'd be keen to see him move to 5/8 in a few years if we don't find any other options
- attacking set pieces looked like garbage and really need to be improved if we're gonna beat those better teams
My main beef from the game (and it's a big one) was Johnson
's involvement. With Green out of the side Johnson
HAS to become the dominant ball-player. As good as Mason can be he's nowhere near the level of player Johnson
is and in order for us to be our best we need our best players with the ball more often than not. Really hope Kearney
sees this and rectifies it cause if we go another game with Lino running the show we're gonna get bundled out before we even know it.