| ||Vs|| |
01 Jan 1970 12:00
Fuck the world we are 5th!!! I have waited a long time for this.
Every other team now need to put their Baws on the line and step up. Great result and super pleased for Simon.
I moved back to New Zealand about ten years ago and I love being around my countrymen during close games in bars
Tonight we and the 3-4 tables around us chanted take the two on one of the closing penalties and it was really fun to watch in a group atmosphere.
Jazz made a number of crucial errors that made me tear my hair out.
Hikus try assist was magnificent
Alexander going on about why Beale isn't there in place of Hiku. Then mentioned Beale as being the better attacking player. I laughed. You haven't watched us much have you Brandy?
30 secs later Hiku provides one of the passes of the year.
Then they start praising him, "This is what Hiku can do" ..........lol.
Great game by Hiku tonight. I'm glad we have persevered with him. His defense was alright too.
Tevaga gave me a headache. Good in short bursts. Not to leave on that long. Has to many mistakes in him.
Would like a prop rotation of Gavet/Paasi/Afoa/Satae next week. Pulu to start if Si is out. Papalii to the bench.
A bench of Afoa/Satae/Papalii/Lino instead of Tevaga. I thought Lino had a good game. Tough little bugger.(If Kakariki is back)
Princess pisses me off. Just run . Run straight.Really good to get an ugly, clunky game out of the way while also securing the two points. Would have been a good kick up the ass for the team to make sure they bring their best next week.
- pray to God Mannering's okay and will be fit for next week, would hate for that to have been his last game for us
- forwards did well to aim up against a much bigger side (especially Paasi)
- each week when I select my warriors team I'm always so hesitant to put Maumalo into my side... today he reaffirmed that, doesn't seem to have anything in him besides hit-ups imo and that's something you shouldn't hear about first-grade players
- pleased that we managed to win having lost mannering and luke but thought we definitely missed their leadership too
- Roger's ball-playing is starting to look REALLY good and I'd be keen to see him move to 5/8 in a few years if we don't find any other options
- attacking set pieces looked like garbage and really need to be improved if we're gonna beat those better teams
My main beef from the game (and it's a big one) was Johnson's involvement. With Green out of the side Johnson HAS to become the dominant ball-player. As good as Mason can be he's nowhere near the level of player Johnson is and in order for us to be our best we need our best players with the ball more often than not. Really hope Kearney sees this and rectifies it cause if we go another game with Lino running the show we're gonna get bundled out before we even know it.