General NRL 2018 Round 25 - General Discussion

wrighty

Panthers on paper have a team that could win it all.

I say a lot of this , and this will sound dumb, will come down to how many ex pat New Zealanders in Sydney we can get out to support us. We all know the referees are impacted by the crowd. We need support damn it. Warms my heart when I watch test matches in Australia and I see the NZ contingent.

I predict by the end of this week our whole forum will be firing up and feeding off each other and that Gus Gould will be public enemy number one.

Gotta beat the best to win it so bring em all on
This is more like the attitude.

Guys, we finished 2 points from 1st position, anyone imagine that at the start of the year??

Statements like we scraped into the 8 are total garbage.... Its absolutely anyone's title top take out.

This is what last November was all about. There will be a huge Warriors fan base. Season starts here... let's go guys! Yeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!

This is more like the attitude.

Guys, we finished 2 points from 1st position, anyone imagine that at the start of the year??

Statements like we scraped into the 8 are total garbage.... Its absolutely anyone's title top take out.

This is what last November was all about. There will be a huge Warriors fan base. Season starts here... let's go guys! Yeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!

The Warriors were only one uncalled forward pass away from joining the top 4 teams on the same number of points, and securing 5th spot. You could say there is no clear favourite team to win the trophy, and the winner could just as likely come from teams 5-8 as from teams 1-4. The Warriors at least have some sort of chance against Penrith as, barring Mannering's fitness, they should be able to field their strongest team.

Citygirl

Contributor
  • Elimination Final: Saturday, September 7
    7.50pm, AAMI Park
    (2) Melbourne Storm v (3) South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Qualifying Final: Saturday, September 8
    5.40pm, ANZ Stadium
    (5) Penrith Panthers v (8) New Zealand Warriors
    7.50pm, Allianz Stadium
    (1) Sydney Roosters v (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
  • Elimination Final: Sunday, September 9
    4.10pm, Suncorp Stadium
    (6) Brisbane Broncos v (7) St George Illawarra Dragons

bruce

Contributor
Saturday games will be a double header at SFS with a all Sydney AFL final next door at the SCG. Messy
Same as last year. The crowds then were very poor and it was a Sydney derby. Hopefully the Kiwis will turn up because they sure won't be going next door to the SCG. If I understand correctly it is the Sydney rah rahs that fill out the SCG and make transport difficult for the league fans, especially those from way out west.

bruce

Contributor
  • Elimination Final: Saturday, September 7
    7.50pm, AAMI Park
    (2) Melbourne Storm v (3) South Sydney Rabbitohs
    5.40pm, ANZ Stadium
    (5) Penrith Panthers v (8) New Zealand Warriors
    7.50pm, Allianz Stadium
    (1) Sydney Roosters v (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
  • Elimination Final: Sunday, September 9
    4.10pm, Suncorp Stadium
    (6) Brisbane Broncos v (7) St George Illawarra Dragons
Oh shite, ANZ, it will be half empty probably but at least the Kiwis will be able to get there.

Reactions: Sup42 and tajhay

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Pretty remarkable stat: Raiders the 2nd highest point scorers in the comp (20 away from 1st) yet 10 competition points off the 8.

Despite being 10 competition points off us they were only down 2 in points differential.

Manly in 15th spot score 28 points more than us.

Really fine margins in the competition in 2018.

Sportsbet has our odds at 6th, which I think is fair