General NRL 2018 Round 24 - General Discussion

Napa is an absolute grub of the highest order. And a myth. Bloke was soft as dehydrated piss in Origin. His run metres aren’t even that good. Probably fearful of getting some of his own medicine.

Shouldn’t play football again this year. NRL needs to come out immediately and confirm future headbutt shoulder charge attempts by him will result in automatically being ordered off.

Exactly we would be on 36pts celebrating a potential minor premiership instead of worrying about the 8.

Also a good lesson that there are no “building years” you play to win the comp every single year.

Hell if we'd only beaten Storm in that game where Cam Smith inexplicably got the penalty for both head high tackling and interfering the play the ball of big Ken, and won just one of those stupid close losses (take your pick) we'd be in first instead of Melbourne right now.

So crazy how close it is.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Playing the sharks in the finals, first up is a worry for me. as a team they seem to get the rub of the green more than other teams. It might be just when they play at home, so location of the game would be a massive issue.

Should we be cheering for the Sharks or Knights here? Sharks win they go ahead of the Dragons into 4th and we probably avoid them week 1 of finals. Knights win and we remain a (small) chance of going ahead of both the Dragons and the Sharks by the end of next week...

Reactions: Sup42
With Fifita in their team i just can't do it.
upload_2018-8-26_16-18-13.jpeg

Reactions: Off The Bench
Playing the sharks in the finals, first up is a worry for me. as a team they seem to get the rub of the green more than other teams. It might be just when they play at home, so location of the game would be a massive issue.

I was thinking the same but I'm settling on "fuck it."

We're in the 8 and have earned the opportunity to contend for the premiership.

One thing sits in my mind:

If we want to we will roll every motherfucker on the way to the premiership.

If we can't be arsed....well just look at the last however many wasted seasons we've had.

I've ridden the ups and downs of the rollercoaster like all of us and even the mighty day one-ers but I know with Blair left, Tohu Harris right and Mannering middle we have a good shot.

If Gavet and the mighty mighty Agnatius give their absolute all every minute they play we have a good chance.

If Bunty does what Bunty does and Jazz doesn't try to be a playmaker we have a good chance.

If we have our top spine all dialled in we have a shit hot chance.

If we have Pulu, Papali'i, Te Jazz and Te Bunty on the bench we have a good chance.

If we turn up focused on suffocating every team with swarming defence we have an amazing chance.

Why not do it and send Simon out a premiership winner?

How good will it be to see Captain Marvellous invite Mannering up to the podium to hoist the Provan hyphen Summons trophy up for a moment for the ages.

Warriors!!!!!!!