General NRL 2018 Round 24 - General Discussion

That's the second time Napa has nailed someone like that head first this year right?

Silly commentary saying he doesn't mean to or it wasn't intentional. Guys in the past when they used to be a bit more prepared to send guys off, half of them probably didn't mean it.

Broncos no most likely down to 16 vs 17. If Napa gets suspended the Roosters next few opponents get the benefit.

Hurrell just fell for the worst dummy from Munster who scored after running across the length of the pitch sideways
Pretty much run across the field and get to Hurrell and make him make a decision. The majority of the time on defense he makes the wrong one.

Also slipped over for one of the Storms tries.

Probably should of run from dummy half but passed it to a runner on their goal line who got smashed back in goal. At least Kata would of run from dummy half.;)

Reactions: Aman

WarriorBall

Pity if Napa's tackle is sighted as 'careless' by the MRC, to me there's intent to lead with the head.

He'll only do a couple of weeks for that I reckon.

Reactions: Aman
Bu
IMO Napa was going for a shoulder charge and trying to collect the head. Its a deliberate attempt to disable a player and should see him banned for the finals.

Of course hes a rooster so it wont happen

But it is against the bum buddy Broncos so you never know

Danpatmac

Watch the replay. The angle he goes on he is trying to hit him with the shoulder. I hate the guy as well but I wouldn't even sin bin. The punishment is just harsher cause it looked so bad

it doesn't matter what he was trying to do.

What he did was injure another player by being completely irresponsible in the attempt. The result was exactly what dropping your eyes off the target and flinging yourself at the bloke was going to do.

It was negligence and negligence is not an excuse. He has a responsibility not to hit a bloke in the head.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Watch the replay. The angle he goes on he is trying to hit him with the shoulder. I hate the guy as well but I wouldn't even sin bin. The punishment is just harsher cause it looked so bad
of course if he hits him with a shoulder he would do as much damage as with his head, maybe more. IMO he should be sighted for it. But i get your reasoning

Reactions: Sup42
But if he'd landed the shoulder charge, he would've got 10 and been on report? McCulloch could see it coming too but couldn't do anything about it.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
if the warriors play the sharkies for the first final do they play at shark park or is it moved for the same reason that they cant play at Mt Smart?