General NRL 2018 Round 24 - General Discussion

Whiteknight

Whiteknight

Just caught the tail end of Matty Johns crap show and his old man picked the Warriors to win the comp, on ya mate:)

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Shit I do, we would be 5th now and a home semi even more a possibility.

Just fucking around with the what if's:

What if we didn't drop the stupid games like Titans and Bulldogs?

What if we beat the Broncos in round 6 by continuing our swarming defence without going "yeah boy....5 in a row. 6 will be easy!!!"

What if what if what if.

Tony Martin

Tony Martin

Matty Johns just asked his dad who was on the Couch on Sunday night with Matty Johns who was gonna win it this year. He said the warriors. They all laughed at him very similar to Andrew Johns with billy slater at the start of the year. It’s a sign. This is our year!

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Matty Johns just asked his dad who was on the Couch on Sunday night with Matty Johns who was gonna win it this year. He said the warriors. They all laughed at him very similar to Andrew Johns with billy slater at the start of the year. It’s a sign. This is our year!

I actually like being disrespected by those hillbilly inbred Cleetus motherfuckers.

It's the exact extrinsic motivation our team thrives on.

It's the intrinsic motivation we are still short on consistently.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

Whoop at least Dragons are down. If we not making top 4 or even 5/6 facing either penrith or drgons is as easy as it could get for the warriors to win round one. of course it could change and we win and say dragons or panthers lose and warriors win we get a home game in 5th or 6th? it could be the broncos, that would be worse case for team but getting a home game would be awesome. best result we have home game against panthers.

sydneywarrior92

Titans and Bulldogs games aside, the Sharks game seems to be the most costly one. If only a certain touch judge could see that forward pass, we'd in the driving seat for the 4. Conversely it is the Sharks in that driving seat for 4th place. That damn touch judge is what is standing between us and 4th place.

Reactions: 5 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Titans and Bulldogs games aside, the Sharks game seems to be the most costly one. If only a certain touch judge could see that forward pass, we'd in the driving seat for the 4. Conversely it is the Sharks in that driving seat for 4th place. That damn touch judge is what is standing between us and 4th place.

The funny thing is we have had many opportunities to progress up the table while control was in our hands.

Reactions: 1 user

AusWarriorsFan

Just fucking around with the what if's:

What if we didn't drop the stupid games like Titans and Bulldogs?

What if we beat the Broncos in round 6 by continuing our swarming defence without going "yeah boy....5 in a row. 6 will be easy!!!"

What if what if what if.

Its something we really need to fix, playing every game like its last, playing like we are superior and will win intensity and eat their boots off. Dropping these SHOULD win games is sooooooo annoying. Thrashed by a panthers side who had no cleary or malony, then beat a quality team 24-4. Consistency in intensity is a cultural issue and probably the last to fix.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Correct. There's a rule that all finals games have to be at the biggest venue available. So ANZ for all Sydney teams, Suncorp for the Broncos and Eden Park for us.
Pretty Sure Allianz is on the table too, I think Dragons and Sharks would opt for there as its closest to their fan base.
I remember reading in previous seasons the likes of Penrith if given the choice would opt for Allianz if they faced the dogs/Tigers or Eels as otherwise they’d be effectively giving up home advantage

Reactions: 1 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

Warriors should not feel bad loosing to the Bulldogs

Bulldogs have come good..

Glad they are not in the Finals

Defence

Defence

Worst case scenario is probably broncos in Brisbane.
Although that would mean I could go....:)
Best case dragons in Auckland.

sydneywarrior92

When Andrew Johns laughed at Slater's suggestion that we'd be improvers we responded with 5 straight wins to start the year. Hopefully Matty Johns laughing at his father gives us a similar response since 5 straight wins from here gives us a GF win.

Reactions: 10 users
kavafred

kavafred

Yeah i found it funny that they all didn't even cover the fact we destroyed their Panthers and poor little Cleary getting shut down all night. I don't think there is a bigger myth than Regan CG. He is a joke!!

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Yeah i found it funny that they all didn't even cover the fact we destroyed their Panthers and poor little Cleary getting shut down all night. I don't think there is a bigger myth than Regan CG. He is a joke!!

RCG talked all I'm a big bad tough motherfucker in Origin then had fuck all carries.

Tough mouth that's for sure.

sydneywarrior92

Panthers 2018 reminds me of the Warriors post 2011 Grand Final. I still remember during the years where we had the most dominant U20s team (2010-2014 maybe), everyone kept wanking on about how much 'talent' and 'potential' we had, so much so that we relied almost exclusively on U20 talent for our 2012 campaign. Sure guys like Hurrell, Locke, Fish, Tuimavave and Tui all had some silky skills but they also had outsized weaknesses that always prevented them from being game changing first graders. In particular they just didn't have the stomach for the toughness you need to succeed in the NRL.

Panthers 2018 are exactly the same. They might have a lot of 'talented' youngsters but its also evident that they lack the toughness to go the distance in the NRL. Their form the entire year is testament to players who like to play with a lot of flash but without any grit. You look at their young forwards (RCG, JFH and Corey Harawira Naira) and their flashy backs (Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Waqa Blake, Wade Egan, etc)- they are cut from the same cloth as our U20s stars from previous seasons in the sense that you have a bunch of kids that are used to playing touch football to win in the lower grades. The lack of respect they show oppositions week after week is no coincidence- they are stuck in a U20/ISP mentality where playing for a few minutes of brilliance was always good enough. We've been there as a club so we know how this story ends. Mark my words, the Panthers aren't 'premiership ready'. Like the 2012 Warriors, they will never get near a premiership win until they dump their reliance on their youth and get some tough, battle hardened players.

Last edited:

KiwiinJapan

This is my first post in this forum. Don`t know if this is the correct place to put it. Warriors are in the finals finally. Week one of the finals, they play the Panthers or the Dragons (as the table stands now). Is that right? Which team do you think would be safer for the Warriors to play given that there will be nerves in the game?

Reactions: 2 users

sydneywarrior92

This is my first post in this forum. Don`t know if this is the correct place to put it. Warriors are in the finals finally. Week one of the finals, they play the Panthers or the Dragons (as the table stands now). Is that right? Which team do you think would be safer for the Warriors to play given that there will be nerves in the game?

On current form either team will be no problem for us. Panthers get Maloney back so if we do play them again I think they will improve but not enough to beat us. Maloney if anything makes the edge defensive liabilities that we exploited even worse. On the other hand, their attack would improve. The Dragons are an absolute shitstorm right now. They will probably get Widdop back but that won't resolve the complete lack of confidence that is parading their team at the moment.

Conversely if we run into the Sharks or Broncos, we'll be in for a bigger challenge. Though I'm not worried if we do run into them. I'm more worried about week 2 if/when we get there because we'll be up against a top 4 team in Australia. That's the real test.

Last edited: