Team List NRL 2018 Round 22 - Warriors vs Knights TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

Oh shit. It's a milestone game in a "special round" (Women in League) and played at home = fatal combination/curse of death.

My hopes for Friday night's match have just gone downhill big time....
and its Bullys 250th, we are doomed.....

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Centurion

Theyre celebrating Isaiah and Mum playing NRL - also a first too!

Breathe boys. We've got this.

Reactions: 5 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Stoked that Bunty is playing.

Hopefully with Hiku on the bench, Bunty gets closer to 40 mins this week.

Reactions: 2 users

wrighty

This is how sad my life is. A serious concern of mine yesterday was whether Bunty Afoa the interexchange prop for the Warriors would be there on Friday night or not. I was quite wound up about it.

I personally think we should just try to win on Friday. A one point victory is fine. I would prefer 50 points but their line up is ok. They have a good starting 13 - now that we have Bunty - we have a better bench however.

I am guessing Mitchell Pearce will play. This game will the easiest of our run home, but it will still be a bitter scrap for the points.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

This is how sad my life is. A serious concern of mine yesterday was whether Bunty Afoa the interexchange prop for the Warriors would be there on Friday night or not. I was quite wound up about it.

I had a bit of a laugh at your posts.

Best to wait and see with the judiciary.

Reactions: 1 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Cameron G was on the wireless.

The Friday double header starts at 6pm with the Warriors Womens (they are officially called the Warriors and a full fledged Warrior branded team) the game is a preseason trial match against Auckland (Sorry Warriors I will be barracking for Auckland lol same dif if the Warriors mens play Auckland...home town team first Jafa hard).

Negotiations with Lukes managers sound more concentrated on finding a Warriors agreement (purely based on George making no comments about Lukes other options this time around / no mention of testing the market...all about negotiations and the cap).

George said the stay over in Australia was in hindsight iunquestionably a great move, he mentioned with management (himself included) staying on with the team, things were pretty transparent after the Titans game).

Leading into this week and for the rest of the season 'there is no turning back (after the Dragons game) the team are going after a winning finish now (to be expected but you definately hear a change from 'we are just focused on this weeks gamed' to going all out for the sprint home).

Picking a Warriors slaughter of the Knights this week. I get it wrong every time I call it this season....I'm due you bastards...do your bit.

Well if you're due then Fusitua must be getting his quad trick this week.

I like Blair on the right edge.

Paleaaesina2the20

Paleaaesina2the20

Can we use our interchange a bit more sensibly this week? Numerous times now and particularly in recent weeks we get to the 55th minute having used only 2 or 3 interchanges. Against the Titans we had a couple of HIAs and one free interchange for a player on report so I think we didn't use our 2nd interchange until well into the second half.

Against the Dragons, Gavet 19 mins, Afoa 26 mins, Pulu 20 mins, Passi 34 mins and Lisone 11 mins. That is terrible balance.

Reactions: 7 users
Aman

Aman

I really want to know what Satae and Sao have done not to get a look in each week.

Reactions: 1 user
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Can we use our interchange a bit more sensibly this week? Numerous times now and particularly in recent weeks we get to the 55th minute having used only 2 or 3 interchanges. Against the Titans we had a couple of HIAs and one free interchange for a player on report so I think we didn't use our 2nd interchange until well into the second half.

Against the Dragons, Gavet 19 mins, Afoa 26 mins, Pulu 20 mins, Passi 34 mins and Lisone 11 mins. That is terrible balance.

I'd use Gavet off the bench.

Reactions: 3 users

wrighty

I'd agree with that. Never seen him make a dominate tackle or break when he starts but has a bit more energy of the bench.

Please excuse my multiple posts at the moment, I am at home sick so have been online all day.

The reason Bunty is not starting is. and this is guesswork, experience and composure. Around round 8 or so Afoa was the starting prop and Gavet came off the bench. Afoa in those games made a number of ball security errors/ill advised and unsuccessful offloads/general dumb plays that showed that his game awareness wasn't well developed enough to be a starter. Gavet is indeed more effective off the bench as he showed last year with some barnstorming impact performances, but Afoa is not a seasoned campaigner like Lillyman was and is not ready for it.
When Ah Mau is here you will see Gavet off the bench no question.

wrighty

Some random comments

1) At first I was surprised to see Hiku's name on the reserve bench. I suspect it is because SK rates players and he is the next highest rated player. Ideally you would think the mix of the bench would come into in terms of what positions are covered, and while SK does pay attention to that he also selects kind of just based on who is the next best player regardless of their position. Hope I explained that well.

2) Injuries will decide who wins the comp. If we are fully fit and I mean 100% fit then we can beat anyone, including the Roosters and Souths. By the way I have Roosters and Souths listed as my two best teams with the Storm in third. But we seem to get injured or suspended so frequently it just seems the way of things that we will be missing someone at the business end of the season.

4) Some key things that could really help improve our consistency down the stretch drive:
a) Beale and Fusitua develop a better connection. I feel they just need one pass to go right between them and then the flood gate will open and they could become a talked about combination in the league.
b) That in the very next game Kata passes to Ken twice. Even if it is a poor pass that gives Ken very little working room and he gets bundled into touch. Kata needs to do something here soon or this is going to turn into an issue in the locker room.
c) That Jazz goes relatively error free from here on in. When he makes no mistakes then we win.

5) With the inclusion of Bunty Afoa on the bench we must be favourites to beat New Castle on saturday. If we can't win this game we may be in trouble as the other games down the stretch are harder. They won't be a walk over though.

Reactions: 3 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Some random comments

1) At first I was surprised to see Hiku's name on the reserve bench. I suspect it is because SK rates players and he is the next highest rated player. Ideally you would think the mix of the bench would come into in terms of what positions are covered, and while SK does pay attention to that he also selects kind of just based on who is the next best player regardless of their position. Hope I explained that well.

2) Injuries will decide who wins the comp. If we are fully fit and I mean 100% fit then we can beat anyone, including the Roosters and Souths. By the way I have Roosters and Souths listed as my two best teams with the Storm in third. But we seem to get injured or suspended so frequently it just seems the way of things that we will be missing someone at the business end of the season.

4) Some key things that could really help improve our consistency down the stretch drive:
a) Beale and Fusitua develop a better connection. I feel they just need one pass to go right between them and then the flood gate will open and they could become a talked about combination in the league.
b) That in the very next game Kata passes to Ken twice. Even if it is a poor pass that gives Ken very little working room and he gets bundled into touch. Kata needs to do something here soon or this is going to turn into an issue in the locker room.
c) That Jazz goes relatively error free from here on in. When he makes no mistakes then we win.

5) With the inclusion of Bunty Afoa on the bench we must be favourites to beat New Castle on saturday. If we can't win this game we may be in trouble as the other games down the stretch are harder. They won't be a walk over though.

Re Beale and Fusitua. Why use the first half of the season getting Hiku and Fusitua so deadly outside Shaun Johnson and Tohu Harris?

Because Beale was injured and Hiku covers multiple pozzies.

I had a point here but can't remember so aaahhh fuck it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.