• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Defence

Defence

Give away 50m and the team have a full set again on attack in your 10 rather than 40m line is a lot to give away.

I don’t know

Call me old school

I just don’t like it when we try to outsmart the Aussies

It never ends well

Just bash them the good old fashion way

Most of the time when u go long they still catch it inside your half and by the time they're tackled they're around the 30 meter mark anyway so not much to lose there.
I've been a supporter of the short kick offs for years- the reward well out weighs the risk imo.

Reactions: 8 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
this game was over when Jazz made 3 errors within 5 minutes of the start of the second half and wasnt hooked from the field as he obviously wasnt up to it after the earlier hit. I think it was about that point i started to drift off to sleep. Woke just in time to see the score line and watch the titans celebrate a rare victory, after their run off four straight losses.

Losing Harris was the worst thing to happen to the warriors imo. Hes the professional that shows the others how to act. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is behind everyone and invisible for most of the game when their on the field. Mannering, well he wont be as missed as people think IMO, this years Simon is not last years Simon (one good game this year and the season has been erratic since his return).

Getting Luke and Adam back will make a massive difference, Pulu's back now and given a game or two is going to be awesome from what i saw of him before he faded with the rest of the team. Lisone disappears from the team, Mannering to the bench, Vuna to the bench. I wish they could punt Jazz as well, but with Luke so injury ridden, he could break down at any time and you need the cover. While i like Lawton more i cant see Kearny picking him as cover instead of Jazz.

IMO that looked to be a fairly clean game and evenly reffed, if not always on target with their calls. A player like Adam wouldnt have helped a lot in that game because it was clean and he would have stood out more, against teams like the Bunnies and Storm, he plays a more important role of chief grub, however i expect him to miss further games this season before finals. I expect to see Luke miss about 2 more games as well due to injury, so they need to find a way to win with out them.

I thought Green was a little invisible this week, with him passing it to Shaun Johnson to often and creating no point of difference. On attack i really thought it went from last week with strike across the paddock to this week with right hand attack only and easily stifled.

Reactions: 6 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
A number of frustrating things with this performance.

The commentators mentioned the time of day and the heat quite a bit and our guys being run off their feet. The poor defense leading to big breaks by the Titans played a big part in that.

We were fortunate with HIA's and guys getting interchanged due to the incident going on report. Our first interchange wasn't made until late in the first half. We should of been able to keep fresh troops on the field through the second half.

That to me indicates the second half was more down to attitude or lack of.

I cant understand why everyone talks about the heat, it maxed out at 24 degrees, yes thats warm, but they have played in way worse conditions. When they train do they not prepare for all conditions? do they only train in the rain?

Reactions: 3 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I cant understand why everyone talks about the heat, it maxed out at 24 degrees, yes thats warm, but they have played in way worse conditions. When they train do they not prepare for all conditions? do they only train in the rain?

Temperature had nothing to do with the half arsed attitudes and application shown by lots of the team.

Reactions: 5 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Contributor
Temperature had nothing to do with the half arsed attitudes and application shown by lots of the team.
to me it was all about the second half return. All through the first half i thought they were playing in slow motion, hold reserves for the second half and prepping a break out massive score. Then Jazz made three errors and they scored twice and the second half was over. They are mentally weak and struggle without true professionals on the field to chase a lead. The three players returning could not happen at a better time. Look at the storm, roosters etc all with full squads at the pointy end of the season. It will make a difference, its only Luke who worries me, his injury count is through the roof. People talk about Mannering playing through pain, i can only imagine Luke is doing even more so than him.

Reactions: 2 users

dantheman

I still feel sick. I genuinely thought the warriors roller coaster ride was going to be relatively smooth after round 5 but the last month or so has been as bad as any in the past.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

I still feel sick. I genuinely thought the warriors roller coaster ride was going to be relatively smooth after round 5 but the last month or so has been as bad as any in the past.

I know the Carlaw trust isn't making us miss tackles and drop the ball but we've gone to shit ever since they took over. can we blame them please??

• Haha
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

bro you really gotta get off that russian facebook site
Lol. I was shocked too. But the facebook crew are a very different bunch.

No disillusionment allowed. You have 16 year olds telling people off for being negative and justifying their opinions as "day one-ers". Thats commitnent to support the team 7 years before your parents even sealed the deal.

Facebook is all "warriorz hard", "wazzas 4 life", "#faithers". Its frightening how many drug addicts support the warriors.

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
snake77

snake77

I know the Carlaw trust isn't making us miss tackles and drop the ball but we've gone to shit ever since they took over. can we blame them please??
Why not they took credit for bringing in O'Sullivan as the Recruitment Manager even though that was in the pipeline with the previous ownership. Mayvb they only take responsibility for the good things and will play the results aren't us it's the initiatives from the previous guys. Sounds like a change in government.

snake77

snake77

The commentators were making a big deal of it which is the reason why I listed it. The main point was if it was hot or rainy and heavy underfoot they were given some luck with the HIA's and reports that we got fresh troops on without using up any interchanges until late in the first half.

That should give you more options in terms of interchanges in the second half. The poor second half negated that anyway.:oops:

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Most of the time when u go long they still catch it inside your half and by the time they're tackled they're around the 30 meter mark anyway so not much to lose there.
I've been a supporter of the short kick offs for years- the reward well out weighs the risk imo.

Exactly, when was the last time we we're managing 50m drop outs anyway?

Issac was maxing out at the 40-45 mark and by the time they returned the ball they we're maybe 30 out.
So for the sake of 10 metre's id rather go the short drop out and at the very least have a chance to contest......you go Fusitua's side to help your odds.

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

My observation is that we've gone to shit since Mannering came back (and we had injuries to key players)

Old Sid

Just some late observations from the game. Very disappointed in the result and our guys performance. However, we did not lose to grubs, they genuinely tried to keep the ten most of the time, they did not throw themselves around in the tackle pleading for penalties and I think on the whole the officials had a decent day. Certainly fair to both sides. Refreshing... just a lousy result.

Still cannot understand aiming sideways for the touchline from a penalty and getting 10-15 meters. After the next 3 tackles, if we haven't lost possession, we're where we would have been with a decent kick and having 5 tackles left.
Same with taking 5 mins to decide to take the 10-15m kick, losing all momentum and giving the opposition time to set their line and rest.
Guys, get some urgency into your attack...

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

I would describe it as happy go lucky winners who then lose, to apathetic losers who lose, to focussed losers who then win when everyone is pointing out how shit they are playing. This cycle repeats
Interesting point and hard to argue.

There is something unique to their psychology and it pre-dates this mob.

Smith and Bellamy have both commented on their inability to cope with expectation.

Much was made of Daniel Andersons PE teacher background and therefore his ability to 'teach' those sides of his.

Most NRL outfits are developing from fairly learned stock in footy development terms in Aussie where they have come through schools that have well regarded Footballing coaches...the same is true of the club sides in Sydney and other parts.

That Cycle you describe where they bounce back a week later was played out in Andersons era in the course of a single game...which is where Jones was famous for turning twenty point deficits into wins or respectable losses.

This generation do not appear to have the Raw ability, nor the big offloading monsters to engineer a chase in a single game.

In fact they are notorious for capitulating eighteen point leads...more than any team in NRL history.

To me that speaks to the lack of effective leadership (the like of Jones) and is very noticeable when they lose experienced tacklers like Luke and Harris.

We seem to have a leadership group model rather than a Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is our Stacey Jones type model.

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Hmm Bunty Afoa 21 minutes only??? That's almost criminal......arguably our best forward this year and only on the park for a quarter of the game?

Mannering 43 minutes??? The dude can do 80 in his sleep.....especially in that middle 3rd of the game where our defence went to shit.

Tevaga 72 minutes?.....30 of those probably at hooker, which leaves 42 minutes in whatever that fucking hybrid prop/lock thing is. 42 minutes? Id rather be shared amongst our proper forwards.

Kearney's use of the bench has done us no favours this year imo.

Reactions: 29 users

kurgal

I thought C was a bit kind and F- a tad harsh, but really to lose the game like that, was like watching the warriors vs storm first game this year.

Was that really a forward pass to Ken with the disallowed try? They didnt replay it or even discuss it. Sometimes little things are game changers.

Well the first half was a B or C, the second half was an F- so that resulted in F- overall in my book ha. I still can't believe how bad that second half was, it was inexcusable. Except for the heat having some effect, I'll allow them that. Maybe they need to train to handle different conditions.

I also thought the lack of replay of that "forward pass" to Ken was a bit strange, I was expecting a replay. Odd. But Maumalo's body language indicated it was a fair call.

flying coconut

Hmm Bunty Afoa 21 minutes only??? That's almost criminal......arguably our best forward this year and only on the park for a quarter of the game?

Mannering 43 minutes??? The dude can do 80 in his sleep.....especially in that middle 3rd of the game where our defence went to shit.

Tevaga 72 minutes?.....30 of those probably at hooker, which leaves 42 minutes in whatever that fucking hybrid prop/lock thing is. 42 minutes? Id rather be shared amongst our proper forwards.

Kearney's use of the bench has done us no favours this year imo.

The fact Afoa played 21 mins and Tevaga played 72 says it all. The guy has no idea how to use a bench.

Reactions: 11 users