General NRL 2018 Round 2 - General Discussion

WarriorBall

Really?

Easy meat?

I don't think they should be underestimated.

They can be dangerous don’t get me wrong but the Knights pack fell into one out running and never really stretched their pack until they had to play catch up at the end.

The Raiders look like one of the unfittest sides in the comp atm, their defence is leaky, yep it’s a good time to get them.

Reactions: 1 users
Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Raiders don't look that hot.. Plus now they will start to get desperate. If we can force them into panic mode, they will collapse like they have many times.

Also while Tigers have impressed in two games, they don't appear to have many points in them.
Storm wouldve put them away if they had completed...

Reactions: 1 user
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
Raiders don't look that hot.. Plus now they will start to get desperate. If we can force them into panic mode, they will collapse like they have many times.

Also while Tigers have impressed in two games, they don't appear to have many points in them.
Storm wouldve put them away if they had completed...
Agree re the Ligers. Defence is amazing, but you need the attack to go with it to go deep in the NRL. They have some decent individual tackle breakers, but the spine looks abit lacking in creativity to create genuine space for those players. Alot of new cogs in that team though, so will be interesting to see how their attack evolves through the season. Defending 10-12 points a game surely can't be sustained long term.

Reactions: 1 user
Stone

Stone

Just read the following quote in an article on stuff ... https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/102378583/manly-romp-to-biggest-nrl-win-over-eels

The Sea Eagles were leading 30-0 when Jake Trbojevic scored their sixth try in the 54th minute, prompting the ground announcer to lay the boot into the visitors.

"Scoreboard matching the temperature here at Lottoland," he told the 10,502 crowd.

Part of me cracked up cos I have absolutely no love for the eels, another part of me thought, bitch move you fuckin cheeky cu**, cos I have even less love for the Silvertails

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Broncos will be hard at suncorp but needed some serious luck to win that, still hovering around 8th ultimately.

Bulldogs are in for a long year, Mbye looks like the only one in the team who can create something from nothing, just don’t have any dynamic players.

Cowboys will be good, played pretty bad and only lost due to goalpost.

Dragons mid table

Eels – yew – they are probably the most likely to overcome a dud start – expect to see lots of stories about honesty sessions etc if/when they turn it around.

Knights mid table, any forward injury should do them in, pearce and ponga will be a very reliable source of points though.

Panthers mid table

Raiders – they might well fire up over us this week, but would bet anything they aren’t making the 8, too many fat blokes, one of the worst spines.

Rabbitohs – badly coached I feel, they needed to overhaul there playing style, its still all one out bash it up, games moved on.

Roosters will be top 4.

Sharks will turn it around.

Sea Eagles – mid table, v.strong forwards would be a challenge for a team like us, need Dylan walker back for some game breaking out wide

Storm – brodie croft is a liability at the moment, ran out on a tackled matulino leaving the space for the match winner.

Tigers – I don’t think it is sustainable, but wont be the worst

Titans – triers, but no discernible style of play, sort of need the opposition to cock things up if they are to win.

Warriors – I mean other than the 3 top teams, why not us for 4th / 5th? Still need to stay healthy things will go pear shaped if Johnson (or even someone like Harris or fusitua, he is becoming a vatuvei like talisman, feed him for tries) misses time.

Reactions: 2 users
Makasene

Makasene

Man the Raiders defense is God Damn awful.

They remind me a lot of the Warriors of last few seasons - can score plenty of points but just let more in.

They may well be guilty of taking their eye of the ball, handed what looked to be a truly soft opening draw playing 3 of last years bottom 4.

This will be a tough game for the Warriors but they are probably better placed than many teams to come away with a win based on our defense and much improved attack

Reactions: 3 users

Selector

Interesting fact of the four teams who played in Perth, Warriors where the only team who won there game this weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Isn't it great being number two on the table and watching NRL 360.We don't exist all the shite is going to Wayne Bennett and Parramatta. Bennett has some problems on his hands over this latest Lodge thing.

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

Isn't it great being number two on the table and watching NRL 360.We don't exist all the shite is going to Wayne Bennett and Parramatta. Bennett has some problems on his hands over this latest Lodge thing.
I didn't get everything he said before he stormed off; and friends at school used to say I'd mumble. I had nothing on cranky Bennett.