Team List NRL 2018 Round 19 - Warriors vs Storm TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

jonno

jonno

We've got some of the most talented offloaders in the comp. They just need to throw caution to the wind and back themselves.

fizurg

fizurg

We've got some of the most talented offloaders in the comp. They just need to throw caution to the wind and back themselves.

Yep, that strategy has never gone wrong for the warriors in the past.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

wrighty

This is effectively the match for us to make a charge at the top four. If we lose then we will need to focus on just making the top 8.

The Storm have a team loaded with stars all across the field and two giants of the game at 9 and fullback. We will need to be at our best.

Let's hope Cummins watched the tape of his last performance against penrith and give us a few make up calls.

Reactions: 2 users
Miket12

Miket12

Not when only one team will be getting cracked down on.
Let Sky put a timer up on the screen after each tackle and let the crowd "help" the refs by counting/shouting out the seconds after a tackle is made - it would soon become obvious if the refs were letting one side hold down longer in the tackle than the other if they weren't consist at giving penalties.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
jonno

jonno

Yep, that strategy has never gone wrong for the warriors in the past.
Our team runs on confidence. Maybe more so than any other in the comp.

And if we don't play to our strengths we certainly will struggle against the military discipline the Storm will bring.

In short, we need to disrupt the structures.

On attack that means getting in late offloads and going off road to get the ball into space.

On defense that means rushing their spine out of the game.

Without their structures the bellyscratchers boys are dead in the water. Always have been, always will be.

Our guys need to play with as much self confidence as is humanly possible.

Do all that and we're odds on to win tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users

boneless

Call me a cynic but I don't like our chances this weekend, although with the way the ladder has played out so far this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if the "product" manufactures a win for us to create more interest and boost crowd numbers in coming rounds.

Reactions: 3 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

You forgot "Not now Ben, I'm talking to Cameron?"
And "Come on Cameron, your guys were clearly holding down too long."

"Calm down Cameron"

"Walk away Cameron"

"Form a circle with arms linked....then breathe Cameron. Breathe."

"I disagree Cameron"

"Clearly it looks that way when you're that far in front of the referee."

"I'm disappointed Cameron. I expected more from someone with your privileged standing in the game."

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Blain

Blain

This game is massive IMO, top 4 contenders or pretenders basically. Our rubbish for and against will bite us hard if it stays how it is, so these games where we aren't expected the 2 points are huge.

Hoping Afoa is in for Vuna, will need his go forward. Smith and Munster will need to be shut down. Weather is looking dry, which will help our "mobile" players like Tevaga making an impact.

Reactions: 2 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Call me a cynic but I don't like our chances this weekend, although with the way the ladder has played out so far this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if the "product" manufactures a win for us to create more interest and boost crowd numbers in coming rounds.
Most conspiracy theories are based on incompetence. So are the NRL management incompetent? Too bloody right they are.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Green out of tomorrow’s game.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v MELBOURNE STORM
4.00pm, Sunday, July 22, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID Fusitua
3 GERARD BEALE
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
18 MASON LINO
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 JOSEPH VUNA
20 KARL LAWTON
21 BUNTY AFOA
22 ANTHONY GELLING

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Lino back on NRL duty for Storm clash

Mason Lino makes a return to the NRL tomorrow teaming up with Shaun Johnson in the halves for the Vodafone Warriors’ 19th-round clash against Melbourne at Mount Smart Stadium tomorrow (4.00pm kick-off).

Lino replaces the seasoned Blake Green, coming for his sixth appearance this season and his first since the 24-14 win over Parramatta on May 18.

Green is out with a rib complaint, missing from the line-up for the first time this season. He’s expected to be back next week.

The other player to drop out of the original 21 named is utility Peta Hiku, who has a hand injury. He is also expected to be available again next week.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

So you'd think Bunty would be coming in then (fingers crossed)?

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I have never seen it but smash them up.

Play with disrespect to their reputations and play them on the day.

I've got a weird confidence about this game.

WARRIORS!!!!!