Team List NRL 2018 Round 19 - Warriors vs Storm TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

wrighty

I heard that too but I am double checking now as I just found his stats page.

I double checked and sorry if started that stat floating around.

He has refereed the Warriors 36 times for 21 losses and 15 wins. That is a 41.7% winning record which is acceptable.

Based on that - we should do ok by him this Saturday.

He has presided over three of our matches this year

St George - Warriors victory -
West Tigers - Warriors victory
Penrith - Penrith Victory

wrighty

Here is another analysis for you on Henry Perenara, who many people think is anti the Warriors.

Thanks to this site by the way I will note for future reference - https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/

22 games 13 victories - as a winning percent that is 59%

*There appears to be a bit of dirty data in that it is crediting a ref for a match as long as he was one of the two officials there - as opposed to focusing on the head referee.

Is that actually true? out of how many games?
If Wrigthys stats are correct yes
I double checked and sorry if started that stat floating around.

He has refereed the Warriors 36 times for 21 losses and 15 wins. That is a 41.7% winning record which is acceptable.

Based on that - we should do ok by him this Saturday.

He has presided over three of our matches this year

St George - Warriors victory -
West Tigers - Warriors victory
Penrith - Penrith Victory

Get over blaming individual Refs. They make mistakes but tthey make a damn site less than players. Every clubs fan forum thinks certain Refs are against them.

The NRL is so scared of fan backlash from TV scrutiny they have taken away all Ref discretion to make the call and thus leave it to the Bunker.

So with this reluctance to make on field decisions on the run and the inability of the Bunker to rule on forward passes means fhey are becoming a real issue. It seems a high percentage of DH passes are forward as well.

The NRL Coaches and Fans should just accept shit happens rather than the analysis to paralysis happening now.

It is going to be interesting to see how long this extra back on the bench experiment continues for. From what Kearney says in this article I get the impression it was only going to be a matter of time before Beale was to slot in as the regular right centre:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12089533

It remains to be seen if Afoa comes back this week, but if not this week it will not be far away and once Pulu and Harris return as well I think the only forward Kearney would be prepared to drop down to ISP is Satae, which leaves the question mark over the extra back on the bench. Personally I would like to see Lawton on the bench as he has the full utility value. Its been great having Luke play such long stints but I hope we don't overwork him with the little niggles he's been having this year. Jazz has been really good since he came back after the surgery, but I still don't see him as a realistic dummy half option at the moment. Would be a hard call to drop him though with the work he has been doing in the middle .

When Tohu Harris is back I can see us dropping the back from the bench because he can realistically play out in the centres if somebody goes down mid game.

It's all about contingency plans with these lineups.

When Tohu Harris is back I can see us dropping the back from the bench because he can realistically play out in the centres if somebody goes down mid game.

It's all about contingency plans with these lineups.
Very true.

We basically play two Centers in attack with Harris as the Center in attack on that right edge.

He is big, has foot work, passes, exactly like a Center.

Hiku pisses me off when he goes for low percentage plays like the reverse flick pass.

It is not needed they have the advantage by the design of the set up on that edge and his role is to either gun it or straight draw and pass exactly like the bloke wearing the 12 Jumper right next to him.

Not actually wanting to have a go at Hiku specifically he is a good center in the attack, he would be better if he knocked off the show.

If Hiku needs to show off....ask Shaun Johnson how he learned the tip on from Tomkins..that at least is a useful passing function when you master it.

Reactions: Off The Bench
Get over blaming individual Refs. They make mistakes but tthey make a damn site less than players. Every clubs fan forum thinks certain Refs are against them.

The NRL is so scared of fan backlash from TV scrutiny they have taken away all Ref discretion to make the call and thus leave it to the Bunker.

So with this reluctance to make on field decisions on the run and the inability of the Bunker to rule on forward passes means fhey are becoming a real issue. It seems a high percentage of DH passes are forward as well.

The NRL Coaches and Fans should just accept shit happens rather than the analysis to paralysis happening now.

Could not agree more. 99% of the time if you are the better team you will win

Reactions: MurrayTD

wrighty

be interesting to see what stats the storm have with each of these ref's, then you could compare apples with apples and not LEMONS
I don't know that it makes sense to look up because the Storm probably just win more often than the Warriors do...ie Cummins has a 41% win record for the Warriors...but think how bad the team has been over the past 5 years. While the Storm have been good so he will naturally have a better record for them.

I don't know that it makes sense to look up because the Storm probably just win more often than the Warriors do...ie Cummins has a 41% win record for the Warriors...but think how bad the team has been over the past 5 years. While the Storm have been good so he will naturally have a better record for them.

Yep, hit the nail on the head there. Reason we have a poor win % is because we were shit!

The refs are going to let the storm hold down in the tackle longer than us. And they will have a smaller 10 meters to get back as well.

I've accepted this fact and am at peace with the universe.:)

Now lets see our guys work the late offloads and wreck their defensive structure. Get our middle forwards into 1 on 1 tackles and create some havoc.

It's like Billy Slater says, when we're in the right mood the storm find it impossible to stop our go forward.

The weather forecast for Sunday is shithouse. I hope we stick with the offload game though, as it seems to be the best way for us to beat the Storm.