minute

Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Remember three weeks ago we were dicked by Panthers and if you had said then that we would smash the Broncos and only go down to Storm by 6 points in an arm wrestle most of us would have said then " not bad I'd take it"
I think anyone who is thinking differently is expecting way too much from what is essentially a reborn club. If we lose to the Titans after playing so well the last 2 weeks Ill be filthy though.

I think the BIGGEST change in culture is fitness, it was glaringly obvious round one when the opposition were bunching by 20 mins and we were still smashing it. I think the expectation use to be "oh Bros players are big but cant be fit", guess again. We just need more on offense without trying to score through miracle plays. We have so many players that we could put on 4 set plays in a set and not exhaust our good ball players. Yet we are sill either trying to bowl kata over the top or go high to Fusitua, which dont get me wrong, is good, but we need more tricky set plays that just cut through the opposition.

I think we could have won, but I think overall the right team won.

Reactions: 1 user

tajhay

🏉
Fair call, but whats the Stat for "Insanely stupid calls"? :)
Probably the same rate as insanely stupid dumb plays by players.

The ref didnt lose us the game. Our dumb plays did. Melbourne were really off their game too. We can take solace in the fact that we only got beaten by very few points, and it was against one of the top teams in the comp, and we were missing some key players, but that is just peppering over the cracks and the team doesnt learn anything from that.

#SayNoToDumbPlays

Reactions: 5 users
Probably the same rate as insanely stupid dumb plays by players.

The ref didnt lose us the game. Our dumb plays did. Melbourne were really off their game too. We can take solace in the fact that we only got beaten by very few points, and it was against one of the top teams in the comp, and we were missing some key players, but that is just peppering over the cracks and the team doesnt learn anything from that.

#SayNoToDumbPlays

Every team has bad ref calls, have to beat the other team regardless of the reffing.

I agree. But we cant shut up shop on offloads, we just need to be throwing them onto players at pace. I think aside from that, or Defense did well. We just lacked offensive plays. What worked last week didnt this week. But to lose by 6, Ill take that. As long as we beat the Titans and keep the good play rolling.

tajhay

🏉
Our passing yesterday was woeful. Its as if the players had never passed a rugby ball in their life before yesterday.

Once again our back 5 all made over 100 m yesterday, and none of the forwards did. Its as if we are trying to reinvent the game and roles of the positions.

I

I agree.Cummins has gone off as far as I am concerned.
My son went to the Panthers game when he was also the ref and said that they ambushed us and we're way too good however Cummins was slack on their 10 metres all day and that Tamou was often only back 7 or 8 metres.Cummins did nothing.
Yesterday he did four things to help the Storm.
(1) Shit 10 metres
(2) Any 50:50 calls went their way
(3) Allowing Storm to peel the three tacklers off our man a second or two slower than we had to do it and
(4) The Storm really got away with wrestling on the ground in so far as they would try to turn our tackled guy on the ground so that our man was never facing up field when getting up to play the ball. Points 3 and 4 gave them a big advantage in defence and we couldn't break their line as a consequence.
Cummins is not our friend at the moment.

Having said that we could have won that game but overall shot ourselves in the foot.

In summary, we were not great but if they were without Munster and Smith had only played half a game things would probably have been different.
Remember three weeks ago we were dicked by Panthers and if you had said then that we would smash the Broncos and only go down to Storm by 6 points in an arm wrestle most of us would have said then " not bad I'd take it"
As I have said previously we are right in this still and just need to put away the teams we should and get the full squad back...........this week a win is a must and then bring on the Drags ( who are starting to struggle) and if we can win both of those our expectation becomes top four.
Disappointing yesterday but still way better than the last 6 years,enjoy the ride,support the team and get to Mt Smart whenever you can.
Go you fuckin beauties, WE ARE NOT OUT OF THIS YET!!!!!!!!!

The problem with all this is consistency. Guys dont know how each ref is gonna blow the whistle and what for . Its all game to game. As Kearney said he got a email from the NRL earlier in the week saying they were gonna be extra tough on crowding and slowing down PTB but it doesnt look the refs got the same email. Melbourne took advantage big time where as our guys practiced not getting pinged so played the safer option and lost. If they had known it was going to be reffed like that they may have practiced different tactics and thats my problem with guys saying that the ref didnt lose us the game. When two teams are equal in skill referring can be the decision between a loss and a win and thats exactly what happened on the weekend. I though we were the better team btw. Now our guys are gonna go out next week with a different reff and think the storm got away with it and it was normal so lets slow the PTB down and the refs gonna blow the pea out the whistle and send a few guys off for doing what was condoned the week before!! no fucking consistency.

Do coaches, captain and refs get together before games to be on the same page?

Every team has bad ref calls, have to beat the other team regardless of the reffing.

I agree. But we cant shut up shop on offloads, we just need to be throwing them onto players at pace. I think aside from that, or Defense did well. We just lacked offensive plays. What worked last week didnt this week. But to lose by 6, Ill take that. As long as we beat the Titans and keep the good play rolling.

Every team does get bad calls, but we get all of them.

Off the top of my head

- Smith high shot on Maumalo
- Luke knock on
- Blairs late hit that wasnt a hit
- Ado Carr shepherd
- Warriors chases run off the ball blatantly when chasing a bomb

add in the fact the Storm were constantly off side and laying all over the play of the ball and it makes it bloody hard to win

yes our attack was awful but we were still denied a chance of winning the game by the corrupt NRL officials

• Haha

Off the top of my head

- Luke knock on
- Ado Carr shepherd

add in the fact the Storm were constantly off side and laying all over the play of the ball and it makes it bloody hard to win

yes our attack was awful but we were still denied a chance of winning the game by the corrupt NRL officials

Its been extra shit this year hasn't it. i actually liked it when at the start of the year they were being extra tough on offside and slowing down the PTB - even though we had a sin bin every game it was consistent and other teams had to play by the same rules. but now its all changed again.

Reactions: 1 users

Off the top of my head

- Luke knock on
- Ado Carr shepherd

Mannering offside at the death that sunk us wasn't offside in the slightest, he was right infront of the ref with a foot on the line but somehow still called a penalty. It actually takes the fun out of watching the footy because the refs are just guessing.

Reactions: 4 users
It really annoys me when people say the old "if you asked me if we were in the eight at this time of year etc I would be happy". You have seen what this team is capable so why the fuck do you lower your standards and be happy with the shit they have been serving us every second week

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tajhay

🏉
It really annoys me when people say the old "if you asked me if we were in the eight at this time of year etc I would be happy". You have seen what this team is capable so why the fuck do you lower your standards and be happy with the shit they have been serving us every second week
Because we are Warriors fans, and making the finals feels like winning the premiership to some of us.

Agree wholeheartedly with your post.

As one of those aforementioned people, point well made. I am not happy with the inconsistency, never have been, but we are still finals bound. The club have exceeded my pre-season expectations greatly, which is where the "if you told me we'd be in the 8 at Rd 19 I'd be happy" thing comes from, but on an in-season basis we're just falling off a bit, which, to be honest, everyman and his dog (and Greeny talked about it on NRL360 last week) expected at some point. Time to get back on that old horse, folks!

the storms width game got nullified which is a huge success for us, or like many saying they were off the ball as well. if thats the case i still think we get a hiding in melbourne in a playoff game.

this team is screaming for pulu and harris, there are no points in papali'i blair and mannering, 0 points. When pulu got injured i bet the points average dropped at least 6-8 points a game. he was wreaking havoc before he got injured, harris is an actual attacking threat as well. Despite all the dumb errors we couldnt score because none of our backrowers could break the line.

I think the coaching staff lacked a lot of detail in their prep, the paasi try last week needed a go at getting our props out on the edge for a play or 2. I blame the coaching for the game plan here, they couldnt put the foot down when we needed to, we couldve put the game away so many times.

Reactions: 6 users
Stolen from Reddit :

Following the Warriors quality sledge on social media I thought I'd just throw some impartial stats out there to evaluate the situation.

Cameron Smith H2H v Warriors - 18 - 7.

Total Games Won

• Smith 267 (2002 - Present)
  • Warriors 266 (1995 - Present)
Finals Games won

• Smith 13 (22 if you are a dodgy accountant)
  • Warriors 8
Years making the finals -

Smith - 10 (14 if you are a dodgy accountant)

Warriors - 7

Premierships -

Smith - 2 (4 if you are a dodgy accountant)

Warriors = Same amount of Dally M's won by Stacey Jones...

Dally M Medals -

Smith - 2

Warriors players - 0

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Cuzz I hear you BUT I was 34 with a full set of hair and a raging trodger when the Warriors kicked off. Now Im a bald, senial, limp dicked fool, so Im taking any close loses and our position on the table as a godsend to ME.

• Haha
Mannering offside at the death that sunk us wasn't offside in the slightest, he was right infront of the ref with a foot on the line but somehow still called a penalty. It actually takes the fun out of watching the footy because the refs are just guessing.

Did you notice when the Storm got pinged for any penalty regardless of who the player was almost everyone around him was in the refs ear about how it was shit call or he was wrong. Our guys dont say shit when they get pinged.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I’d go back to 1 ref reffing the ruck and general play, 2 touch judges responsible for touch, forward passes and keeping the 10 (with video ref with the benefit of “lines tech” instructing the touchie where the 10 is.
Ref to call try/no try as they see it and captains have x amount of challenges per half which they keep if correct,lose if wrong- no other contact with ref or they get 5 in the bin.
Video ref only to be used in the event of a challenge.
‘Power play’ for repeated infringements- 5 in the bin but back in if opposition scores.

What we all predicted would happen to Blair if he came to the Warriors is coming into fruition. All the those plays which were considered "1% ers" at other clubs are now being called as "dirty" plays for us. His best asset of disrupting or placing pressure on first receivers or kick tackers has been completely nullified by biased refereeing. How the fuck does he get banned and Cameron Smith gets nothing? Worst run professional competition in the world this.

wrighty

Did you notice when the Storm got pinged for any penalty regardless of who the player was almost everyone around him was in the refs ear about how it was shit call or he was wrong. Our guys dont say shit when they get pinged.

As I half jokingly posted last week, our captain should be chosen based on his debating skills rather than leadership skills or on field play. Roger has many good qualities - debating and advocating for his team is not a strength though.