• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

That was just a really enjoyable game to watch.

Mannering was epic.

Please re-sign Luke immediately.

Reactions: 15 users

Dunedin warrior

Very good performance tonight. We are a so much better team when we play with so much width, it just frees up more space up the middle for the likes of Tevaga and Mannering who were both great.

A good step in the right direction.

Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

When does our logo go up on the broncoshq page??
I didn't like our chances earlier in the week and didn't really want to bring that up with some of their guys coming on here in the build up to the game. Didn't want to remind them. Now I'm more than happy to bask in victory.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
snake77

snake77

The start with a few missed opportunities from forward passes or dropped balls was a bit of a worry. More as it had a here we go again with a decent start but might not get enough points out of it before the opposition get some possession.

Good to see they improved as the game went on.

Luke was an obvious standout.

I also thought young Papali'i was fantastic, did a lot of clean up work and had some good runs.

Mannering turned the clock back a bit and provided good work on both sides of the ball. Had some good runs and got some offloads.

Tevaga on the dry track was good. Made their beg guys work through the middle on D.

Paasi had two good stints. Some good support play on the second stint. Good to see the try, good work hitting the defensive line at pace.

Reactions: 4 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
No, I don't agree that a penalty only is sufficient punishment for leading with a forearm to an opponent's throat. It's a dangerous hit and a heavy blow to the throat could cause severe injury to the windpipe and leave the person gasping for air. IIRC one of the Warriors did the same earlier this year and got a one match suspension. I do think that the Broncos player who threw punches should have been put on report and even sent off, especially as one of his punches landed on Satae's head.
What about the elbow to the head by Darius Boyd on Shaun Johnson? Referee missed that completely I would expect that to be reviewed but I am not holding my breath.

Reactions: 15 users
jonno

jonno

58% completions in the first half.

Lucky for us the broncos were just as bad in that stat.

I've gota say it tho. I like the game a lot better when teams don't complete at 100%.

Reactions: 2 users

sydneywarrior92

Flew from Sydney to see this game and sat in the Broncos area. Even the Broncs fans knew that their team was on toast from the very beginning. We overpowered and out enthused them, outflanked them on the edges and essentially beat them into submission. For all the criticism of our small bench and pack, I think today showed SK's thinking. Light stepping and offloading Jazz and the fast PTB offloading game from our mobile forwards was crucial to our fast tempo game. It tired out the Bronco's big men leaving big spaces in the middle for Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Johnson to exploit and Green to capitalise on on the edges. That's the game plan that got us 5/5 at the beginning of the season and it works if complemented with rushing defense and gang tackling to neutralise the size of bigger packs, the power game from our back 3 and up-tempo running from Shaun Johnson, Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. That's our recipe for success. This is how we beat the top 4 team and how we can topple Melbourne next week.

Reactions: 10 users
snake77

snake77

Another win away from home. I am christening the 2018 squad the Road Warriors.

Oh What a rush.

Road warriors

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users
Stone

Stone

As already mentioned by a few others, some of you glass half empty cats need to learn how to enjoy the good moments in life a bit more aye

Quite a few comments along the lines of good win but ... Broncos were terrible ... still a shit bench ... didn't finish well ... yeah but {enter caveat} etc etc

It's like some of you cats are suffering from some form of depression and or PTSD & can't see the wood for the trees

Here's the reality ...

The Warriors were absolutely dominant today in a thoroughly convincing away victory against a team on a 3 match winning streak who are desperately fighting for a place in the 8 who also just so happened to pull our pants down in our own house last time around by absolutely ripping us apart through the middle for a relatively comfortable victory

Because of that us Warriors Forum members also had to suffer the extra chagrin of having the Broncos HQ banner plastered on our header

But now the tables have now well & truly turned & it's time for the Broncos & those BHQ cats to feel our pain & then some

If some of you cats don't feel a great amount of pleasure & satisfaction from all that then may I suggest you go visit your local GP & ask for some anti depressants or do what I do & embrace meditation, get out in the sun & get some vitamin D, do lots of exercise & have lots & lots of sex

Also some alcohol, a joint, a few psilocybin mushrooms & some cocaine may not be a bad idea, not necessarily all at once or in that order either

All in moderation & in a safe set & setting of course ... gotta be responsible after all ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

wrighty

Flew from Sydney to see this game and sat in the Broncos area. Even the Broncs fans knew that their team was on toast from the very beginning. We overpowered and out enthused them, outflanked them on the edges and essentially beat them into submission. For all the criticism of our small bench and pack, I think today showed SK's thinking. Light stepping and offloading Jazz and the fast PTB offloading game from our mobile forwards was crucial to our fast tempo game. It tired out the Bronco's big men leaving big spaces in the middle for Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Johnson to exploit and Green to capitalise on on the edges. That's the game plan that got us 5/5 at the beginning of the season and it works if complemented with rushing defense and gang tackling to neutralise the size of bigger packs, the power game from our back 3 and up-tempo running from Shaun Johnson, Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. That's our recipe for success. This is how we beat the top 4 team and how we can topple Melbourne next week.

Next week may be tougher just from a ground conditions perspective. The next 3-4 weeks in Auckland will be wet/heavy tracks. But as we head into the very late season we will get harder and faster grounds, like the one today, which suit our light weight mobile pack much better.

In fact that is a good reason to feel optimistic about the playoffs,

Edit - in addition I heard any home games we play will be at Eden Park. That suits us better as they have better drainage and ground conditions than Mt Smart. My understanding is that Eden Park is the best ground in the country from that perspective.

Reactions: 1 user
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

I was so angry after last week it took me most of the week to come back on to the forum. It's taken a couple of hours. Had other stuff going on.

Green was immense today. It was the first real time I saw him properly take on the line, and he was in everything.
Johnson, well what can you say about Johnson.

Hiku plays better on the wing.

The forwards stood up, and they had too. I was really please with that effort.

Much better feeling heading into this week. They are very annoying when they lose big, but very entertaining when they win big too.

Tuivasa Sheck is turning into an awesome captain, and Mannering knows when to add his two cents worth.

Great game. Welcome back Warriors. Let it continue.

Reactions: 7 users
jonno

jonno

Warriors are currently 4th equal on 24 pts.

Best season in years rolls on.

Reactions: 6 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Good win by the boys over in Brissy. Not gonna lie, I thought we were odds on to get our asses handed to us but happy to be proven wrong. Got a fair shake by the referees for the most part which was good to see.

Big test next week. Rest easy and enjoy the W.

Reactions: 2 users
surfin

surfin

Next week may be tougher just from a ground conditions perspective. The next 3-4 weeks in Auckland will be wet/heavy tracks. But as we head into the very late season we will get harder and faster grounds, like the one today, which suit our light weight mobile pack much better.

In fact that is a good reason to feel optimistic about the playoffs,

Edit - in addition I heard any home games we play will be at Eden Park. That suits us better as they have better drainage and ground conditions than Mt Smart. My understanding is that Eden Park is the best ground in the country from that perspective.

Eden Park is not the best ground in NZ from any perspective, unless we're sitting around it toasting marshmellows while it burns to the ground.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wrighty

Eden Park is not the best ground in NZ from any perspective, unless we're sitting around it toasting marshmellows while it burns to the ground.
Oh really. I thought I had heard it has world class drainage. Can't remember where I heard that. So could be wrong.

Canadian_WarriorFan

Canadian_WarriorFan

Oh really. I thought I had heard it has world class drainage. Can't remember where I heard that. So could be wrong.

I think the issue is the shite sitting arrangement. The fact that you are 500 metres away from the sidelines doesn't help matters (maybe embellished ;) )

Reactions: 3 users