• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
AlexM

AlexM

Last 4 games of this season will make or break us.
View attachment 25851

We should beat the Titans Round 20, so would need 2 wins out of those 4 games. Interesting that our last game is at home against the Raiders, who are in 9th spot. Poised to be heartbreaking end to the season.

I'm inclined to agree given that the nRL isn't a sport anymore it's a ' product'

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

If they train for late night footy, they will forget about playing hot weather footy. 0/5 to start next season here we come.

Multitasking or training for all conditions is just too hard. The team is mentally fragile.

Fuck man our team needs to play when scheduled not when they want.

The only way I know to develop mental toughness is to go through mentally hard, soul destroying stuff.

Then you have a reference point for when shit gets hard.

Eg - game vs Penriff "this is hard but I've been through harder shit than this and I've got what it takes to get through it and win this game."

I think round 3 was their own example of how to weather a hard time and not drop bundle.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Last 4 games of this season will make or break us.
View attachment 25851

We should beat the Titans Round 20, so would need 2 wins out of those 4 games. Interesting that our last game is at home against the Raiders, who are in 9th spot. Poised to be heartbreaking end to the season.
if we cant beat the Titans, Knights and Dogs we don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals

Reactions: 11 users
jonno

jonno

Or they can just ask why no other nz team has the same issues playing in oz that they do and get over themselves with bullshit excuses?
Year but that would kill their buzz and then the energy drinks and sleeping pills would be back on the menu.

No, we've got to treat our guys differently to other teams.

Not sure if this is possible, but I reckon no new contract negotiations until after the G.F. has been played. It gets a little boring seeing players peak mid season, and then drop nuts at the end. What's even worse is they think we don't notice.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

The team spent the off season training for hot weather footy, and went 5 and 0 for the first time ever. Maybe next year they'll train for late night footy as well and win the comp.
How late are you talking about? According to a recent article Adam Blair is in bed by 8:30pm to make sure he gets enough sleep. That also makes even NZ day games a problem.

Mind you could explain why it seemed like it went missing after half time.

• Haha

kurgal

Fuck man our team needs to play when scheduled not when they want.

The only way I know to develop mental toughness is to go through mentally hard, soul destroying stuff.

Then you have a reference point for when shit gets hard.

Eg - game vs Penriff "this is hard but I've been through harder shit than this and I've got what it takes to get through it and win this game."

I think round 3 was their own example of how to weather a hard time and not drop bundle.

This is what I don't understand. They really were demonstrating mental fortitude during the first 10 rounds, in and around some of their tough defeats, as well. Then we come to the Round 17 Penrith game, and I see none of that. Compare this performance to Round 7 when they beat the Dragons, for example - it's like a completely different team.

Biser

Hey Mr Gerard Beale Hater (this is a joke)

He created a turnover through a hard tackle which led to a try.

Secondly had he have played, Then yes we would have still lost but it would have been closer. Hiku contributed to three tries that were stoppable.

The final score was 36-4

With Beale it would have been 18-4 (three converted tries less)

And maybe if it had've been closer we would have manned up a bit more and stopped one more of their second half tries

So maybe with Beale it would have been 12-4 and our points differential would be less shitty as a silver lining.

Beale is a top centre.

I want you to concede that point to me in the coming weeks if he gets the starting spot. I concede he is a crappy wing.

AusWarriorsFan

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/07/06/press-conference---round-17/

SK "it came out of nowhere"

No it flappn didnt SK, not did the Broncos, nor did any of the other 2 losses we have had due to you under estimating other teams and playing to a 1 dimensional windfield cup style of play.

We cant win hitting it up and kicking it. We need set plays, players in motion, dummy plays and we need that level of offense this weekend or I can see the Broncos beating us again.

The teams that one on the weekend largely did so off the back off awesome set plays, not one dimensional hit the ball up and kick it on the 5th like the worriers. Even the Dragons in defeat had an amazing offense for 70 minutes of the game. Handing of Defense to SK means he can hand off ownership which is now reflected in his players, like Shaun Johnson suggesting others were more to blame for the loss than himself instead of just stating he had a big part to play in the loss and copping it sweet. At one time I honestly thought Shaun Johnson would be the best player to ever have come from NZ, right now Im going to be churlish and put Foran ahead of him.

Whilst on Shaun Johnson, nobody is expecting the guy to score a try every play or even set one up. But he is paid more money in one season than some of us will see in a lifetime, to play a Game. Time to take accountability like Rog does, although Rog had an awesome defensive game, but would probably still take the loss on behalf of the team, unlike Shaun Johnson. Thats a real sh.. bloke thing to do. Enough said. The Mrs reckons I have a man crush on Shaun Johnson perhaps thats why Im being very critical, but sometimes I think hes in the sport for the money soley.

So we need those set plays SK, we need players backing up offloads as the leading offload team in the comp, still (how I dont but we are). But no point taking an offload when you are surroudned by defenders, we need to pick our best off loaders (harris is out), and people like Shaun Johnson, Fusitua, Rog need to be back them up every run. Second phase play is the least we get from it, looking at the other teams on the weekend, long range tries is the other.

Luckily Raiders have 7/8 of their games against top 8 teams with their last being against us, which lets hope isnt a finals position decider.

Ok so just so you are aware SK, the Broncos can beat us, just so its not out of the blue, even with their second string team. If you hold back our offense and dont have the fear of god in our players if they lose so they are nice and pumped, that is what will happen. Because every team now knows we lose to the second string teams. So many games this year I called yet Kearney thinks they come out of nowhere, its just flappn obvious. If you asked me if Newcastle missing their top 5 players would beat the Warriors and then did, I would say thats" out of nowhere". Arguably the best team this year missing its halves, who we know without Cleary have played sensationally, whilst still keeping a solid framework of the team and some leading forwards like Tamou, is not out of nowhere, they have shown all year they can play without Cleary or Maloney, missing both is not a stretch as both the 6 and 7 are great players.

Id just like SK to open the offense so we could from "out of nowhere" for once, which we have the capability and Roster to produce. This is a critical game, in fact even though its 3/8 we need, I think this particular game is a must win for us to have some security of making the finals.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AusWarriorsFan

Yea kata would would make a better wing or learn to pass. 2 pass this year causing 2 tries
If hes not going to play Beale, its time to sell all 3 of our regular centres, not make silly forward purchases like say, Ah Mau. And buy the 2 very best centres we can, because thats where we are being choked laterally. We have 2 great halves, two great wingers, 1 Good centre who was bought but wont be played and 2 below average centres, 1 of which keeps his spot due to having solid defense.

kurgal

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2018/07/06/press-conference---round-17/

SK "it came out of nowhere"

No it flappn didnt SK, not did the Broncos, nor did any of the other 2 losses we have had due to you under estimating other teams and playing to a 1 dimensional windfield cup style of play...

Because I am a masochist, who does pointless and soul-destroying things, I just watched that presser.

I can't envisage a more awkward human experience than these excruciating "defeat" press conferences.... if you take a load of awkward, then add a heap of embarrassment on top - then multiply by a million-times more levels of awkward... it wouldn't come even close to one of these things lol

Look at poor Roger's heavy breathing and wriggling in his seat at the start...."uncomfortable" doesn't even begin to describe it, lol

PS I agree with SK that they played well for the first 20 minutes.

• Haha

AusWarriorsFan

Yeah I do too. But in the bigger context he has let a lot of games the average person expected us to win, but he should have had more insight, get passed us and "surprise" us. I was surprised we played SO badly. I wasnt surprised Panthers played so well going on other games they have played without key players this year. They have a really reliable roster. Makes the forward pass loss to the sharks the weekend prior even worse. Puts a lot of pressure on the game this weekend.

But lets be positive, we beat Broncos, we manage to win one of the following 3 games, then we are 1/4 with a soft final 4 games (in comparison to the rest of the year).

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

This is what I don't understand. They really were demonstrating mental fortitude during the first 10 rounds, in and around some of their tough defeats, as well. Then we come to the Round 17 Penrith game, and I see none of that. Compare this performance to Round 7 when they beat the Dragons, for example - it's like a completely different team.

Googlize "limbic lag" bro.

It talks about the part of the brain called the limbic system that controls the fight or flight reactions.

The new year team used fight for everything.

The rd 17 team used flight or run away from the threat or in other words "drop our bundle".

https://www.nacr.org/center-for-12-step-recovery/relapse-and-the-brain

The above link may be a bit left field but might also help understand why the team went good to awesome then back to diabolical.

Reactions: 1 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Year but that would kill their buzz and then the energy drinks and sleeping pills would be back on the menu.

No, we've got to treat our guys differently to other teams.

Not sure if this is possible, but I reckon no new contract negotiations until after the G.F. has been played. It gets a little boring seeing players peak mid season, and then drop nuts at the end. What's even worse is they think we don't notice.

It possible to pretty much come up with any theory to suit an argument. Thing I don’t get is I doubt players go to bed straight after games- if you do exercise or sport at night it gives you a hell of a buzz that takes a while to come down from, that’s why I don’t buy the “bedtime excuse”
I do a lot of travel between Aus and NZ, the trip to NZ messes your body clock up more than the trip to Aus, that doesn’t back up the results we’ve been getting at home either...

jonno

jonno

It possible to pretty much come up with any theory to suit an argument. Thing I don’t get is I doubt players go to bed straight after games- if you do exercise or sport at night it gives you a hell of a buzz that takes a while to come down from, that’s why I don’t buy the “bedtime excuse”
I do a lot of travel between Aus and NZ, the trip to NZ messes your body clock up more than the trip to Aus, that doesn’t back up the results we’ve been getting at home either...
The timezone stats speak for themselves. We absolutely suck at games starting after 8pm NZT.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

It talks about the part of the brain called the limbic system that controls the fight or flight reactions.

The rd 17 team used flight or run away from the threat or in other words "drop our bundle".

The above link may be a bit left field but might also help understand why the team went good to awesome then back to diabolical.

At the start of the year our forward pack was
Blair ,Bunty,,
Pulu, Harris ,,,Sao

I think we are underestimating the need for
Powerful runners in our pack .Pullu brings the balance .in the
Back row .
Also when Napa smashed Paasi no one really took up the challenge
Paasi fought a battle that day .But he was on his own ..We need a big dog
If we can't look after each other. Iv seen the three Burgess stand an call players
Out .An then just make it stupidly dangerous to run the ball with flying Englishmen
Coming at you ..
We don't have an intimidation factor .We could if they got a little
Bad arse now an again ...

Last edited:

kurgal

Thanks for the link bro - interesting stuff...

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

At the start of the year our forward pack was
Blair ,Bunty,,
Pulu, Harris ,,,Sao

I think we are underestimating the need for
Powerful runners in our pack .Pullu brings the balance .in the
Back row .
Also when Napa smashed Paasi no one really took up the challenge
Paasi fought a battle that day .But he was on his own ..We need a big dog
If we can't look after each other. Iv seen the three Burgess stand an call players
Out .An then just make it stupidly dangerous to run the ball with flying Englishmen
Coming at you ..
We don't have an intimidation factor .We could if they got a little
Bad arse now an again ...

Fuck yeah. That's why I want to sign NAS and Klemmer. They are both long shots (Klemmer would never come but NAS might).

Not sure who else our pack could get to bulk up our muscle department and bring some badass motherfucker intimidation factor unless we return to the beginning of the year and use the pack mentality to hunt and destroy teams by sheer fucking brutality in numbers.

Yeah when Paasi was the only one standing up to Napa and the Roosters I was ashamed of our pack. At least someone could have just planted a big fucking fist right into his jaw or a straight illegal shoulder charge to drop his ass hard and properly to pull him in to line.

But right now, like you say we have no intimidation factor.

And until we get our minds right and switch the killer mentality on we will keep getting arse fucked through the middle.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Because I am a masochist, who does pointless and soul-destroying things, I just watched that presser.

I can't envisage a more awkward human experience than these excruciating "defeat" press conferences.... if you take a load of awkward, then add a heap of embarrassment on top - then multiply by a million-times more levels of awkward... it wouldn't come even close to one of these things lol

Look at poor Roger's heavy breathing and wriggling in his seat at the start...."uncomfortable" doesn't even begin to describe it, lol

Melbourne were in this very position in the early rounds but like the premiers that they are they have come right.

The best teams overcome shit times.

The shit teams go back to them and roll around in it like a pig in shit.

Danpatmac

I can't sleep, I'm so excited about our guaranteed finals spot

• Haha