Team List NRL 2018 Round 16 - Warriors vs Sharks TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying coconut

We pay Johnson a million a year, he has missed a good part of the season, there is no way I would of been letting him go.

If he got injured we could basically write off this year.

Reactions: 11 users
Sup42

Sup42

We pay Johnson a million a year, he has missed a good part of the season, there is no way I would of been letting him go.

If he got injured we could basically write off this year.
So by that logic really he should never be allowed to play for his country,

Nor anyone else Valuable,
'
Winston Reid Winton Ruffer and Chris Woods says get stuffed Million dollar man.

There is Billions of dollars of talent playing in the world cup right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Shaun Johnson can go to England at the end of the year and play them 3 times if he likes!
I dont like his chances a precedent has been set. The Warriors protested Luke playing for NZ twice in a row the first time they got their way...the second time the NZ coach didn't listen.

The Warriors have become the biggest threat NZ league has ever faced.
I wont support them for much longer if they keep this shit up...I would rather back another NRL side.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Updated squad.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS

8.00pm, Friday, June 29, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
Referees: Adam Gee and Chris Butler

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID Fusitua
3 ANTHONY GELLING
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 GERARD BEALE
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 KARL LAWTON
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 SIMON MANNERING
Interchange:
14 SAM COOK
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 BUNTY AFOA
17 JAZZ TEVAGA
21 SAM LISONE
23 PETA HIKU
24 ISSAC LUKE

Reactions: 2 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Maumalo among three omitted for Cronulla clash
Author Richard Becht

New Kiwi wing Ken Maumalo is among three players omitted from the extended bench tonight for the Vodafone Warriors’ 16th-round NRL encounter with Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Mount Smart Stadium on Friday night (8.00pm kick-off).

The others released are centre Blake Ayshford and front rower Albert Vete.

Maumalo arrived back home on Wednesday morning after making his Kiwi debut in the one-off Test against England at Mile High Stadium in Denver on Saturday (Sunday morning NZT).

Vodafone Warriors head coach Stephen Keaney included Maumalo, centre Peta Hiku and hooker Issac Luke on a 10-man bench when he named his squad on Tuesday. Due to the club having nine players on representative duty last weekend, the Vodafone Warriors had dispensation to include an extra two players over and beyond the usual 21 allowed.

Three players had to be dropped off tonight 24 hours before the game.

Luke and Hiku remain in the reduced 20-man squad leaving them in contention to play against the Sharks tomorrow night.

zaggo

zaggo

What do people think the chances are of Hiku and Luke getting in the team? Surely Luke replaces one of Cook or Tevaga (probably Cook)? Less sure about Hiku.

Reactions: 1 users
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

So by that logic really he should never be allowed to play for his country,

Nor anyone else Valuable,
'
Winston Reid Winton Ruffer and Chris Woods says get stuffed Million dollar man.

There is Billions of dollars of talent playing in the world cup right now.

You aren't really comparing playing at the football world cup to playing a nothing one off test on the other side of the world when he's missed far too many games with injury are you? World Cup is also at the end of the season and is the biggest sporting event in the world, a far cry from what was expected of our boys.

You don't really think Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard and Salah would be released by their clubs to go play say a friendly in Australia in the middle of their season when said players had missed a significant amount of time to injury and had only recently returned? Lol no way, with those players their respective teams have a chance to win domestic and continental trophies....without them well obviously that likelihood drops significantly......kind of like us with Shaun Johnson and the Warriors........

Glad he was kept on ice, this forum would be furious if anything had happened to him.

Reactions: 13 users

sydneywarrior92

If we play our test players tomorrow I hope they are ready. The dragons test players are really flat.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

I dont like his chances a precedent has been set. The Warriors protested Luke playing for NZ twice in a row the first time they got their wya...the second time the NZ coach didn't listen.

The Warriors have become the biggest threat NZ league has ever faced.

I wont support them for much longer if they keep this shit up...I would rarherl back another NRL side.

I will not be able to support another club .just can't do it.
But it weakens our club not to make our players available.
And it weakens our international game to .
Clubs like the storm an broncos etc have still been successful
Why can't we ? Are we to frail?
Billy Slater ,Cam Smith etc are extraordinary players
Because they have played at a higher level ..
Its also good for our depth players .They know
When their opportunity is coming an can prepare as opposed
To getting called up a day out through injury
Canterbury Crusaders have this down pact an are masters
Even to they extent of resting key players .They are that good .

But that Kiwi jersey has to start to mean something again An I
Hope our club can work with our new coach so he can get our best
On the field.An rebuild
That game against England could have been massive .
Harris ,Roger Tuivasa-Sheck,Shaun Johnson should have been there .

Reactions: 4 users
brightman

brightman

You aren't really comparing playing at the football world cup to playing a nothing one off test on the other side of the world
That "one off test" elevated England to 2nd in the world with $500,000. Pretty good results for a "one off" that NZ could have achieved with our full strength team. Still, we(NZRL) got the money to survive and build another year..

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

That "one off test" elevated England to 2nd in the world with $500,000. Pretty good results for a "one off" that NZ could have achieved with our full strength team. Still, we(NZRL) got the money to survive and build another year..

We got the money, great and we didn't have to risk Shaun Johnson, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Harris so all good. The number 2 ranking? Who cares its a year after the world cup where we were embarrassed at home like I've never seen before. This year is about the Warriors. Luke should have been rested too.

Anyway my original point was comparing the football world cup to a one off Denver test in the middle of the season is just way off. I do notice you had nothing to say about that.

Reactions: 1 users
brightman

brightman

The number 2 ranking? Who cares its a year after the world cup where we were embarrassed at home like I've never seen before.
All the more reason to perform your best and reclaim the faith lost during that unfortunate world cup.
I do notice you had nothing to say about that.
Representing your country is the pinnacle either personally, professional or both regardless the format. Picking and choosing is selfish, either individually (which can be reasonably justified) or being ordered to by an employer.
Karma has a funny way of coming around, like when the NZRL didn't present their best team to share our code to the greatest sporting nation and England did the biggest memory of the Kiwis will be out shit national anthem..
If you think the Warriors, there's still plenty of water to pass under the bridge yet..

Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Guys. The current state of rugby league in NZ is not International League.

Growing Rugby League globally is important for the long term survival of the game, and the Kiwis the past 12 months have been a shit show. But our own backyard (the Warriors for those unable to pick up what i'm putting down) for the past 6 years has been equally shit, if not worse.

How about we clean up our League act in NZ first before sweating bullets about Internationals. The honest truth is if the Warriors don't perform well on a regular basis, young kiwis will lose interest in league and won't be inspired to play it in the future. That means we won't have Kiwi players to pick from for the International team in the future. I hear you say "What about how many Kiwi's players were from Aussie NRL teams recently?" Well, I'd wager if they didn't grow up watching the Stacey Jones and Shaun Johnson's of the world playing for a NZ NRL team 5 months of the year, they'd be even more happy to pick to play for Queensland or NSW.

Peoples perspective on this seems really skewed - I'm pretty sure not a single person has rubbished the importance of international league, only the timing of the Denver test, which was purely put on to line the pockets of the NZRL. And fair call, they need the money - but every other aspect of it reeked. If the motivations were about growing the game in NZ, then the game would have been played in NZ. But it wasn't, it was about lining the NZRL pockets so that they can presumably use that money towards growing the game in NZ.

So if it comes down to a choice between growing the game through these 2 methods at the same time:

A) a NZ team performing well on home soil, where kiwis can support, get excited, and win over hearts.
B) a NZ team performing well in a country foreign to Rugby League, in order to get some cash.

I'm pretty sure I know which approach I'll pick every day of the week.

Sup42

Sup42

It's a one off NRL game in a season where the Warriors have no excuses not to go on from here and make the finals.

They are well placed.

In a few years time which game will be remembered?

I think the biggest issue being lost here is that our club barred players.

They have no right to do that, but they did it because of tonight's meaningless game ( yes a singular NRL game at this stage is fairly low priority to the National team).

That is scary shit after they blocked Luke already...they will continue to block players moving forward.

The Denver test may well have been played at the wrong venue....but as an alternative to Australias Origin dominance....the test serves an important function.

No bloody regular season one time game can be argued as important.

The value of a Jersey is directly proportionate to a players desire to wear it....no man has the right to try to redefine that legend built off the pride of players past.

Reactions: 5 users
ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

All the more reason to perform your best and reclaim the faith lost during that unfortunate world cup.

Representing your country is the pinnacle either personally, professional or both regardless the format. Picking and choosing is selfish, either individually (which can be reasonably justified) or being ordered to by an employer.
Karma has a funny way of coming around, like when the NZRL didn't present their best team to share our code to the greatest sporting nation and England did the biggest memory of the Kiwis will be out shit national anthem..
If you think the Warriors, there's still plenty of water to pass under the bridge yet..

I get that you have always been a Kiwis guy first and Warriors guy second and fair enough. Personally I definitely - for this year at least - have the Warriors interests at heart its imperative after so many years of under performing that we have a succussful season and we are off to a good start.

I can only imagine how most would feel if we had sent all our guys over and 1 or 2 had suffered significant injuries which severely affect the rest of our season, it would be a disaster. We can't just replace Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Luke or Shaun Johnson or Harris if something went wrong all for the result of a one off test no one will care about a year from now.

If our season was derailed by injuries from playing our guys in a pretty meaningless test then we would be talking about that on here for years to come.

If I could choose a Warriors win tonight or a Kiwis win last weekend I easily choose a Warriors win tonight. I do stress this is my outlook for only this year. If the Warriors do well then interest will increase and in turn the Kiwis benefit anyway because so many of our guys are Kiwi internationals.

Reactions: 5 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

As supporters and followers of the New Zealand Kiwi team, it doesn't mean we have to blindly agree with every decision the NZRL makes.

The main people who signed off on this 3 year Denver plan are now gone as far as I am aware. They are gone because they were incompetent.

The trip to Denver wasn't going to just affect this Sharks game, so don't get on your high horse if we lose it even though our top players didn't go. The trip will take weeks to recover from. Look at why the World Club Challenge stopped, even though the money was on offer. It just wasn't worth it for the clubs to travel that far so close to the season.

fizurg

fizurg

Personally I see the Warriors as being far more important for the health of league in this country than the Kiwis.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.