Team List NRL 2018 Round 16 - Warriors vs Sharks TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
brightman

brightman

I'm just relieved Cool Handstand Luke is fit for a stint this week, we were no chance without him. He's becoming our lucky talisman player, we're a lot more confident when he's out there.
disgusted on the weekend and relieved today eh? Starting to sound like a bloody cycle..

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

disgusted on the weekend and relieved today eh? Starting to sound like a bloody cycle..
Yeah but never mind about that now, we need the two points. I'm a hypocrite not a maniac mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Bully's reactive mindset cracks me up..."But he did it to me first sir"

I remember a while back (not the Eels game) when somebody passed the ball into him intentionally to get a penalty and then a few sets later he did the same thing to their team.

You can tell in his mind he's completely justified in his actions, no matter if it's against the rules or the spirit of the game.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Stalefish540

Stalefish540

Contributor
We could really use Luke off the bench even for 40-50mins in this fixture. The Sharks don't start overly fast with Brailey as hes a steady the ship kind, but when Sege comes on their attack really goes up a notch. Could start Lawton against Brailey, then bring Luke on to match Seges energy/attack.

Reactions: 12 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Good to see Fusitua training at the Captain's run.

Upload 2018 6 28 15 31 44

Reactions: 11 users
zaggo

zaggo

On the Warriors Instagram story it had all the Kiwi boys at the training - or at least Ken and Issac. Kata looked to be there but with a high-vis over the jersey - not sure if that means they were doing A team vs B team or anything? Pure speculation really. Hoping Gelling gets a run over Kata!

Reactions: 1 user

JaggedJ

On the Warriors Instagram story it had all the Kiwi boys at the training - or at least Ken and Issac. Kata looked to be there but with a high-vis over the jersey - not sure if that means they were doing A team vs B team or anything? Pure speculation really. Hoping Gelling gets a run over Kata!

The high-vis usually means they're off limits for contact during training doesn't it?

Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Kata looked to be there but with a high-vis over the jersey - not sure if that means they were doing A team vs B team or anything?
Was it pink? Pink means rehab and only light contact...

Reactions: 1 user
eric

eric

Kata isn’t wearing a vest of any kind in the photos.

You can see Ayshford, Vete and Lawton wearing them but not Sol.

Reactions: 1 users

WarriorBall

Looking around the NRL barring JWH (something about no making it to Melbourne on time) all the players from the Denver test have been named in their respective 17's this week except for our three players??

Starting our run to the finals it should be all hands to the pump, Kearney should know as well as anyone that players want to back up and play for their team mates so just let them play FFS, I don't see the sense in grandstanding and taking a particular stance when no other club is doing likewise.

Making the statement that the club were to to rest Kiwi representative players before Denver was a blunder, a school boy error, SK's backed himself into a corner so now can only justify playing Hiku/Maumalo if Kata, Fusitua or Gelling aren't fit.

It's bat shit crazy imo.

Reactions: 1 users
eric

eric

That might actually be Kata on the right. Thought it was Satae originally but I’m not sure now

1E69C096 03AA 40D2 8C91 69AEBFA68866

razzrillinger

razzrillinger

Pretty stoked to see all those faces running around in the Nzwarriors posts.

I guess we will have a better indication tonight on a final lineup when the squad gets trimmed back a little.

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Looking around the NRL barring JWH (something about no making it to Melbourne on time) all the players from the Denver test have been named in their respective 17's this week except for our three players??

Starting our run to the finals it should be all hands to the pump, Kearney should know as well as anyone that players want to back up and play for their team mates so just let them play FFS, I don't see the sense in grandstanding and taking a particular stance when no other club is doing likewise.

Making the statement that the club were to to rest Kiwi representative players before Denver was a blunder, a school boy error, SK's backed himself into a corner so now can only justify playing Hiku/Maumalo if Kata, Fusitua or Gelling aren't fit.

It's bat shit crazy imo.
Fake news in the end.

i wouldn't put it past Kearney to have been having a sulk about it all along and that he had intent to play them all along.

The reason I say that isn't conspiracy theory, more from listening to him on team naming Tuesday sounding thoroughly pissed off about the test,

I imagine in his own mind he has distanced himself from being a hypocrite by focusing on the fact that the test was at a ridiculous time and venue.

But I guarantee you one hundred percent that had Stephen Kearney debuted as the new Kiwis Coach way back when...and been told his first Gig was in Denver...he would have named the strongest side he possibly could.

Kearney has been such a prick about the Test (see banning Johnson from playing) that even if you agree with his reasons...remember that he has no right to do that and his influence heavily weighed in to the cost to New Zealand of a test match.

Like it or not it is a New Zealand players right to represent their country....saying Johnson has only recently recovered is shit when he carved up against Manly.,.,that means he has had a long break...come back fresh and is in fact in the best possible shape to play a test.

If we do lose...part of me will be laughing at the revenge of the Kiwi Hoodoo spirit Mr Kearney....don't forget the Key is the Wee.

Don't mess with NZ mate (partly tongue in cheek folks don't take that too seriously puhlease).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.