• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sup42

Sup42

Maybe a letter of apology for our crying anuses too since we're more butthurt than a vegan at a hungi containing what appears to be portions of human referees. Pretty good if you're not political about it though.
*Hangi*

Otherwise as you were...continue...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

I am thrilled the NRL took action.

Watch the Warriors get a favorable ride from here.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Totally agree, problem with the NRL being a “product” is it starts to appear manufactured with story lines etc. Problem is the major audience is Sydney so that’s who they try to please rather than just letting the game speak for itself
I think Greenberg and his muppets are the same as a lot of sports executives, such as the infamous Andy Martin (the Martian) of NZ Football.

Their organisations are too poor or stingy to pay going wages so they employ these guys as Claytons executives who spend all their time trying to impress their board that they are actually doing something.

That is because neither them nor their board really have a clue, have no long term plans and are therefore continually putting out fires.

The Warriors loss was a symptom of poor management going all the way back to Greenberg and won't be fixed easily, if at all, and the game could suffer as a result.

Reactions: 1 user
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
i disagree with changing the results of a game after it has been played. Even though this has been an obvious wrong, it wasnt picked up during the game and as such, the result should be as it ended. Otherwise your opening the sport up to absolute mayhem with every coach/manager pulling video after the game to see if there is multiple moments where they could reverse the results.
Yet a player can be put before the judiciary even a day after the game for some thing.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Problem with dropping refs is it’s not like there’s anyone better skilled to replace them with. Still surprises me how there always seems to be a shocker with a ref in the NRL every week without fail.
Other sports aren’t perfect but you don’t hear anything about refs from AFL, haven’t really heard anything about a bad reffing display in the football wc- there was a couple of dicey calls in the tests but you don’t really hear about weekly shockers in super rugby.
How can league keep getting a relatively simple game so wrong?

Reactions: 4 users
jonno

jonno

Problem with dropping refs is it’s not like there’s anyone better skilled to replace them with. Still surprises me how there always seems to be a shocker with a ref in the NRL every week without fail.
Other sports aren’t perfect but you don’t hear anything about refs from AFL, haven’t really heard anything about a bad reffing display in the football wc- there was a couple of dicey calls in the tests but you don’t really hear about weekly shockers in super rugby.
I think they are trying to engineer the game to maximize the spectacle, when they should be working to create something real.

Victory needs to say something about the character of the team who won, otherwise the best part of the game is lost.

Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
i guess because its no longer a simple game. for example one of the things i loved about League was its injury stop play rules - it didnt have any. Unless they wanted to bring the ambulance on to the field it was play on. Now all of a sudden you got stoppages for everything becuase you have to protect the players. Then you have the dives, this is something i hate even more. We used to see players get penalised for milking, but now no one does because it brings the game into disrepute, but the upshot is that more players do it more often. The strip used to be about you either held on to the ball or you didnt, now its about how many players are involved. All the rules have been changed and not always for the better of the game, more often for the better of the players or the improvement of the product.

Reactions: 1 users
Lance155

Lance155

Maybe a letter of apology for our crying anuses too since we're more butthurt than a vegan at a hungi containing what appears to be portions of human referees. Pretty good if you're not political about it though.

Yea I feel like people are going on about it way too much. If you play better your games won't be in a position to be impacted by a refs call in the dieing minutes. Control your own fate

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

Yea I feel like people are going on about it way too much. If you play better your games won't be in a position to be impacted by a refs call in the dieing minutes. Control your own fate
I agree. But as a fan the last thing you want after a gritty win is for the refs getting demoted over the winning play.

Don't get me wrong, I'll take the win. But still. Feels good to deserve it.

Off The Bench

Off The Bench

i guess because its no longer a simple game. for example one of the things i loved about League was its injury stop play rules - it didnt have any. Unless they wanted to bring the ambulance on to the field it was play on. Now all of a sudden you got stoppages for everything becuase you have to protect the players. Then you have the dives, this is something i hate even more. We used to see players get penalised for milking, but now no one does because it brings the game into disrepute, but the upshot is that more players do it more often. The strip used to be about you either held on to the ball or you didnt, now its about how many players are involved. All the rules have been changed and not always for the better of the game, more often for the better of the players or the improvement of the product.

Bring back shoulder charges an the biff we will have less niggle
An new rule unless there is an ambulance on the field play continues.
I also like your idea of a steroid station on the bench so they can get juiced
In between sub's .I think your onto something Grevus I would watch .
We just got to take care of a few do-gooders an we are there.

• Haha