4. Kata - ummmm
5. Beale - didn't offer much imo
6. Green- solid
7. Shaun Johnson - kicking was good. Running and passing not so much
8. Gavet - I'd like to see a higher output from him
9. Bully - algud
10. Iggy- fucking awesome
11. Papali'i - good
12. Tohu Harris- looked out of sorts to me.
13. Mannering - knocked it on but solid otherwise imo.

Bench - jazz was good imo despite his lost ball
Agree, think we missed Fusitua and Maumalo and everyone seemed out of sorts, especially Tohu Harris, not sure what happened (think the disruption of the Denver game had something to do with it), hopefully just an anomaly for him. thought try in the corner winger didn't trust his inside man and got sucked in (school boy error). Liked that Shaun Johnson just ran it up when no one was there (he wouldn't have done that last year). Liked the set piece tries - very slick - not resorting to the kick and hope. Liked that despite everything going pear shaped we still focused on fundamentals and kept trying right to the end. Did notice Sharkies had multiple supporting runners going with ball carrier (more than us) throughout the game so able to get roll on and thus got better position in our 20m's, by the way they played Sharkies should have won by a much bigger margin, so despite everything still some positives to take from this game

Reactions: 2 users
OMG

OMG

This is the problem players like Hiku create at the Warriors, someone has to clean up their misses.

You could name lots of players that needed minding before Hiku came along. Mannering used to have the job of papering over the cracks.

You have to factor in that any NRL team is going to hammer the Warriors right edge to take the sting out of its considerable attacking threat....they are somewhat victims of their own success.

Its all about targeting but Ive been a bit surprised at how much tackling both fringe back rowers have been doing in the middle.

People forget that Brodene was pumping out 40 for the last few years too.

Personally I think our middle has and still is the biggest defensive issue we have.

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

Its all about targeting but Ive been a bit surprised at how much tackling both fringe back rowers have been doing in the middle.

People forget that Brodene was pumping out 40 for the last few years too.

Personally I think our middle has and still is the biggest defensive issue we have.
I'd like to see our big units do a better job of crushing opposition go forward.

AlexM

AlexM

Bit of justice....

Officials demoted for missing forward pass

The referee and touch judge at the centre of the controversial decision to award Cronulla the match-winning try against the Warriors last week have been held accountable for the call.

Referee Adam Gee has been demoted to assistant referee, while touch judge Tim Roby hasn’t been given a match this weekend following the forward pass from Ricky Leutele to Edrick Lee that went unnoticed.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/04...r-valentine-holmes-future-at-cronulla-sharks/

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
snake77

snake77

They will probably pick up about 5-6 forward passes this week.

Also small consolation we made Paul Crawley's beef of the week on NRL360.

If we win a Grand Final on a forward pass I am prepared to forgive and forget.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

dantheman

Bit of justice....

The referee and touch judge at the centre of the controversial decision to award Cronulla the match-winning try against the Warriors last week have been held accountable for the call.

Referee Adam Gee has been demoted to assistant referee, while touch judge Tim Roby hasn’t been given a match this weekend following the forward pass from Ricky Leutele to Edrick Lee that went unnoticed.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/04...r-valentine-holmes-future-at-cronulla-sharks/
Doesn't make it any easier to take :(

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Do NOT let the bunker rule on forward passes. That will be an absolute nightmare and cause more issues than it potentially solves.
In the past would have agreed with you however there is one key difference in Bills proposal to past examples- he’s talking about in try scoring situations and it having to be conclusive.

In the past it was simply open slather and it was painful.

Like all other aspects of. Idea Ted on try decisions - it would have to be conclusive or on field recommendation stands.

It’s a must have IMO.

Fazz

Fazz

Bit of justice....

"Held accountable" does fuck all for us if we miss the finals by 2pts. Just like it will do fuck all for the Tigers after they were robbed against the Broncos.

All I know is we better win the penalty count this week.

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

They refs will rule every flat ball forward this weekend. We will have 2 tries ruled no try for forward passes that are not forward on replays. I guarantee it.

• Haha
jonno

jonno

It wasn't just the forwards pass that got them demoted. It was the whole shit show.

All footy fans want is to see their team win a fair contest. It has to be real or else it's just a complete waste of time.

Reactions: 4 users

wrighty

It wasn't just the forwards pass that got them demoted. It was the whole shit show.

All footy fans want is to see their team win a fair contest. It has to be real or else it's just a complete waste of time.

I kept on waiting for them to even up the penalty count by giving us a few of the 50 50 ones but it just didn't happen.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
They will probably pick up about 5-6 forward passes this week.

Also small consolation we made Paul Crawley's beef of the week on NRL360.

If we win a Grand Final on a forward pass I am prepared to forgive and forget.
Buzz Rothfield commented on this interview with Sutton on NRL 360 last night.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...sutton/video/57bec46b83b1010d7fc159140169639a
Rothfield claimed Sutton was evasive, arrogant and some other words I cannot remember. I have to agree. The guy is just a smooth talking bureaucrat. Rothfield climbed right into the referees setup, including Tony Archer and Todd Greenberg, who for me seems to have far too much influence on the referees.

What I especially don't like is the NRL wankers calling the game a product. FFS it isn't a product it is a game, that is why people want to watch it. They don't want to watch uniformed muppets stuffing it up. Rant over.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...sutton/video/57bec46b83b1010d7fc159140169639a
Rothfield claimed Sutton was evasive, arrogant and some other words I cannot remember. I have to agree. The guy is just a smooth talking bureaucrat. Rothfield climbed right into the referees setup, including Tony Archer and Todd Greenberg, who for me seems to have far too much influence on the referees.

What I especially don't like is the NRL wankers calling the game a product. FFS it isn't a product it is a game, that is why people want to watch it. They don't want to watch uniformed muppets stuffing it up. Rant over.
Watched that and I was gobsmacked. Was almost as if Sutton was holier than thou and was protected from the concerns of players and the general masses. Rothfield wrote an article on it didn't he???

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor

Totally agree, problem with the NRL being a “product” is it starts to appear manufactured with story lines etc. Problem is the major audience is Sydney so that’s who they try to please rather than just letting the game speak for itself

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Totally agree, problem with the NRL being a “product” is it starts to appear manufactured with story lines etc. Problem is the major audience is Sydney so that’s who they try to please rather than just letting the game speak for itself

I'm not sure the biggest audience is Sydney anymore. I tried to find some stats but the only ones i found were all related to the SOO, ive put an example below, but given the size of the game in QLD and the number of people not in Sydney which is about 4 million people if i remember, there are 24 million in Aus and 4 million in NZ, so 4 out of 24 is pretty small actually and looking at the SOO figures QLD with a smaller population almost matches NSW for viewing numbers. Add in others and youve got sydney beat. Its so past time they moved some of those clubs to new cities to expand the game even in Aus.

"The NSW Blues win pulled 985,000 viewers in Sydney alone, with 765,000 in Brisbane and 385,000 in Melbourne where the match was played.

But figures don’t include those who watched in pubs across the country, nor regional which attracted another 1.1m viewers."https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/06/2-35m-viewers-as-state-of-origin-hits-new-2018-heights.html

Warriors4ever

Upload 2018 7 5 8 47 36

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

If the NRL have punished the 2 officials, and acknowledges the Warriors were wronged, and it wasnt just a simple error, ideally, they should be awarded points, or even just 1 point. But that wont happen, so there should be some financial compensation to the club. Maybe there should be a minimum value offered now, with a correction should they miss the finals by 1 win, or 6 points on their differential. The only other correction should be changing the rules to allow the bunker to rule on blatant forward passes.

• Haha
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
If the NRL have punished the 2 officials, and acknowledges the Warriors were wronged, and it wasnt just a simple error, ideally, they should be awarded points, or even just 1 point. But that wont happen, so there should be some financial compensation to the club. Maybe there should be a minimum value offered now, with a correction should they miss the finals by 1 win, or 6 points on their differential. The only other correction should be changing the rules to allow the bunker to rule on blatant forward passes.
i disagree with changing the results of a game after it has been played. Even though this has been an obvious wrong, it wasnt picked up during the game and as such, the result should be as it ended. Otherwise your opening the sport up to absolute mayhem with every coach/manager pulling video after the game to see if there is multiple moments where they could reverse the results.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Maybe a letter of apology for our crying anuses too since we're more butthurt than a vegan at a hungi containing what appears to be portions of human referees. Pretty good if you're not political about it though.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users