General NRL 2018 Round 15 - General Discussion

If this round is anything to go by Freddy will be curled up with a rabbits foot and four leaf clover while the Dragons/Manly game is on tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Terrible for RCG who was on the show the night prior and now will miss SoO, and then Mitchell and Napa coming off with potential round ending injuries. You smash a team, prob the form team of the comp, all to lose 3 of your best players. Its not a fair game some times.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/15...ylan-napa-injured-in-roosters-panthers-match/

They have the storm next, so that could be a loss, 2 relatively easy sub 8 games, then the dragons. Then the cows followed by Souths. I can see them dropping 4 games from the remaining 9 rounds, which will see

If this round is anything to go by Freddy will be curled up with a rabbits foot and four leaf clover while the Dragons/Manly game is on tomorrow.
He's just an injury or two away from a hot bath a Razor and a leonard Cohen CD.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Great to see an afternoon game at Belmore.
Lived not far from the ground for a couple of years in the 90’s so would catch Dogs Home games when I could.
Remember one game against the Raiders when 2 drunk muppets decided to have a boxing match behind the stands as everyone was filing out after the game. It was pretty much an ugly handbag showing until one of these gooses stumbled into a rather large bystander wearing a Raiders tracksuit, who understandably grabbed the guy in a headlock and chucked him out of the way like rag doll.
End of fight haha.
Lesson learnt that day..don’t be a dickhead around Lesley Vainikolo!
(pretty sure it was his first year with the Raiders and he must’ve been injured cause he didn’t play that day)

Anyway, love seeing arvo footy at suburban grounds. Good stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Great to see an afternoon game at Belmore.
Lived not far from the ground for a couple of years in the 90’s so would catch Dogs Home games when I could.
Remember one game against the Raiders when 2 drunk muppets decided to have a boxing match behind the stands as everyone was filing out after the game. It was pretty much an ugly handbag showing until one of these gooses stumbled into a rather large bystander wearing a Raiders tracksuit, who understandably grabbed the guy in a headlock and chucked him out of the way like rag doll.
End of fight haha.
Lesson learnt that day..don’t be a dickhead around Lesley Vainikolo!
(pretty sure it was his first year with the Raiders and he must’ve been injured cause he didn’t play that day)

Anyway, love seeing arvo footy at suburban grounds. Good stuff.
I have fond memories of watching Mark Graham tear the dogs a new one at that ground in the 80's.

Good to see it used for games again.

I have fond memories of watching Mark Graham tear the dogs a new one at that ground in the 80's.

Good to see it used for games again.
Loved then Bears.
North Sydney Oval is one of only a couple of grounds I never managed to get to back in the day when I had the chance.
Kicking myself now.

Wow those 5 losses in the last 5 minutes in and around the top 4 last week are already proving to be the difference between making it focused for the next next 10 weeks and things being slightly less intense.

I called for the Broncos winning before there game last week to beat the sharks this week, so for me with the sharks being a weaker version of the bunniess.

The Knights beating the Storm could be the game of the decade for them and clearly would do SOOOO much for our guys, but would be an isnane lift for the club that they have been talking about all season but not delivering.

Knights have put in a brave showing against the Storm.

Got to love the way Munster looks for Addo Carr as soon as he makes a break away from the chasers,

I envy them that footy intelligence.

While not as fast....Roger Tuivasa-Sheck could easily be the receiver of that ball that goes the length of the field.

Last edited:
No matter how much one can admire their effort, the simple truth is that the Knights aren't good enough. They had a good start to the season but they are still lacking the class and experience to be a serious contender. If they don't maintain their efforts I see them falling further down the ladder.

Reactions: 1 users

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
After all the shenanigans of the early season, the table is looking like normal service has resumed. Perhaps swap the Cowboys and the Warriors and there would be no surprises, bar perhaps the Eels.