• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Isaac Luke with 3 or 4 knock ons was a bit of a killer, Kata dropping a certain try.

Gavet was our best prop tonight I thought.

Dont know why anyone would want to drop Hiku, he was rock solid. Always went forward and made his tackles

Handling errors and repeat sets killed the Warriors that last 60. I thought the energy completely dropped in the last 60 too, as soon as the first set of subs hit the field

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Absolute pitiful second half. Shaun Johnson was our best player, even taking hitups towards the end.

Forwards lack punch and fitness seems to be getting worse not better. We looked like we had absolutely had enough by 45 mins into that game.

I get your negativity TD but if their fitness wasn't enough we would have got smashed. The key imo is that in spite of the poor completions and errors, they were fit enough to defend without dropping bundle.

S.Hunter23

NSW Cup Player
Apr 25, 2018
NRL 2018 - Round 15 - Cowboys vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
North Queensland Cowboys vs New Zealand Warriors
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville

View attachment 25565
Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 15 game between the New Zealand Warriors and North Queensland Cowboys after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-15.114/
1 thing confirmed tonight, The top 8 is going to be a struggle to make. We make bad teams look good and can't put bad teams away. GF hopes have gone..

Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
May 29, 2012
Sydney
We won in Nth Queensland for the first time since 2002, we had to contend with a committed Cowboys and retarded refs.

Not a vintage performance, but we got the two points.

I don’t think so, we wonder under Elliot in Townsville if my memory serves me right

Reactions: matiunz

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
So -

The Warriors ran rampant in the first half. We had all the momentum.

Try assist to Peranara which leads to Cowgirls getting on the score board. Momentum shift. Cowboys start to win the arm wrestle.

Second half. Cowboy's pick up where they left off. A good majority of the 50/50's went the their way in the second half also. Warriors hanging by a thread, but did enough to hold on.

Conclusion - while the Warriors were by no means perfect, my view is that the referee's played an active part in the momentum swing. Some of those calls were really, really bad. The sad thing is that we are seeing more and more "bad calls." The standard of refereeing is atrocious, and the NRL, rather than burying their heads in the sand, need to do something about it.

I've said my part about Perenara in the other thread.

Given the circumstances, the boys played well and held tough to get the win.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Turning point in that game and it almost cost us was the Beale "knock on"...changed all the momentum and gave the Cows an undeserved opportunity to get back into the game. The refereeing this year has been nothing short of atrocious.
I was wanting to blow up against the penalties then we'd get some lucky calls go our way. Was getting confusing if I should be mad or night.

The Green knock on looked like him diving on it to me, looked more like a Cowboys knock on.

We nearly got pinged again for a late drop out but needed to stretch it out to hopefully get the call reversed.

Some of the quick taps are frustrating as they were letting them go tonight but often even when it isn't an inside the 10 penalty they still pull them back.

Love to know what sort of spray Peranara got as you see those in a lot of tackles.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Ugly points:

That ugly set losing 25 metres and getting no kick away.

Bully's handling.

Lack of forward punch after oranges. Just glad they were slow release oranges.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
1 thing confirmed tonight, The top 8 is going to be a struggle to make. We make bad teams look good and can't put bad teams away. GF hopes have gone..
Nah mate.

Always take a win in Townsville no matter how it comes. Shit, so many wins on the road this year...if you are seeing doom and gloom from that fact then I think you need to sleep on it and reconsider. Granted, a lot of work to do though.

Lawton cemented a bench spot tonight.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings