01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Must say it's a pleasant to change to look at opposition team lists and not have too many opposition players that make me think in a rare moment of no bias: "he's going better than his Warriors opposite, I'd have him in my team". That used to happen very, very often...

We're not the finished article - I hope not, anyhow - but we're building nicely. Few dips and stuff-ups, but no consecutive losses, etc.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Further info on Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injury. It doesn’t look good for the weekend.

League: New Zealand Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in doubt for Manly Sea Eagles clash

KPX7Y2Y2TFDKNHYFKEAXBXDBQU.jpg

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck of the Warriors. Photo / Getty
b91f5014-267c-469d-9035-f461aa888ff9.png

By: David Skipwith
Sports writer
david.skipwith@nzherald.co.nz@dskipwithNZH

Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is in major doubt for Saturday's NRL clash against Manly in Christchurch.

The 24-year-old fullback took limited part in training this afternoon on a cold and wet day at Mt Smart Stadium, after exiting the field with an ankle injury late in the Warriors' 30-10 loss to South Sydney 11 days ago.

The problem was not initially believed to be serious but Tuivasa-Sheck has been in restricted duties and only managed to get through some light running away from the rest of the side with the rehab group before finishing today's session early.

Backline utility Peta Hiku ran in his place at fullback after yesterday being named to play at centre and it remains to be seen whether the former Kiwi test fullback has to cover the No 1 role against the Sea Eagles at AMI Stadium.

"He had a run today and didn't look so good so we just have two wait and see how he pulls up over the next little bit," said coach Stephen Kearney.

"But we'll try and give him as long as we can but it didn't look real good for him today. But we'll see he could pull up better tomorrow."

The uncertainty over Tuivasa-Sheck's availability comes just as the side welcomes halfback Shaun Johnson back after a month out with his own ankle injury.

The 27-year-old playmaker ran freely ahead of his first game since he was forced from the park late in the round nine win over West Tigers on May 5.

Since then the side has dealt with various reshuffles through the spine, with Tuivasa-Sheck sitting out the round 11 away win over Parramatta while he remained in Auckland with his fiancé, who last week gave birth to the couples first child.

Hiku slotted into the No 1 role for the 24-14 win over the Eels at ANZ Stadium, and made the switch to five-eighth for the following week's game against Souths, after fill-in halfback Mason Lino missed the match with an ankle injury suffered against Parramatta.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
Part of the recent inconsistency I reckon has been due to the injuries. Yes attitude and getting out physicalled but still injuries have played a part.

I thought our depth was invincible when Lino played the Roosters rd 4 and Dragons.

Nek minit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings