General NRL 2018 Round 14 - General Discussion

Chief

Chief

Commentators for the bunnies Titans game are panning the refs. Qld lost but at least a game with little ref input was exciting footy even if your team loses. This quota system seems to be real. And its ruining footy.

Reactions: 1 user
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Though the Tits were a little unlucky- easy to bag the refs but both games tonight were a bit sus at times, fancied teams got rub of the green

AusWarriorsFan

Man gutted twice last night. I could have handled one not going our way but both being close, uggggh. Well, either way we just have to keep focus on ourselves and keep winning :)

AusWarriorsFan

Though the Tits were a little unlucky- easy to bag the refs but both games tonight were a bit sus at times, fancied teams got rub of the green

It does make you wonder though sometimes, is someone really pulling some strings. Sometimes games are just so blatantly bad with decisions I mean. Last night prob wasnt the worst ive seen. But we have all seen the warriors on the end of some really really dodgy looking Reffing games

Reactions: 1 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
In my view the Tits were stiffed by the ref.

In the last 10 minutes there were 3 bad calls against them when they were right in the game and pressing for a win

Forward pass call when they had broken through the last line - wasn't forward
Rabbits knocked ball out of ball carriers hand and no 6 again called when recovered by Tits
Rabbits passes into a Tits player facing his own goal, ball goes back off that player and the ref calls it a knock-on against Tits

Can only hope we get the rub of the green tonight otherwise, if the standard of ref'ing on display so far this weekend continues our forum will light up like a Christmas tree

Reactions: 1 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
It does make you wonder though sometimes, is someone really pulling some strings. Sometimes games are just so blatantly bad with decisions I mean. Last night prob wasnt the worst ive seen. But we have all seen the warriors on the end of some really really dodgy looking Reffing games
Always thought it was a sub conscious anti NZ thing when I was younger but then learnt EVERY team thinks the refs are against them.
Have seen a few things in recent years that do make me wonder though, the ‘Souths fairytale’ ‘JT deserves a premiership’ ‘Sharks break drought in 50th year’ ‘last year of big 3 at Melbourne ‘ all seemed a little inevitable

AusWarriorsFan

Always thought it was a sub conscious anti NZ thing when I was younger but then learnt EVERY team thinks the refs are against them.
Have seen a few things in recent years that do make me wonder though, the ‘Souths fairytale’ ‘JT deserves a premiership’ ‘Sharks break drought in 50th year’ ‘last year of big 3 at Melbourne ‘ all seemed a little inevitable
Haha yep, trust me ive seen some dodgy stuff happen for the warriors. And yes all my mates reckon the refs are in for their aussie teams

AusWarriorsFan

this one is close and fascinating. roosters need to step up geat at some point soon to live up to expectations.

AusWarriorsFan

Blocka is totally right, if a player is put on there back, why is it the player has to get off within milliseconds. its just messed up now due to coaches complaining due to melb holding players down and winning comps partly off that.

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

Cowboys were absolutely poo poo.

How the hell they are sitting 14th with a roster like theirs, I will never know. Funnily enough, our team has been the subject of similar comments in the past.

How things have changed.

Pozza

Pozza

Hard to fathom that both Eels and Cows featured in the finals last year. Both sides absolute rubbish.

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Just seen the worst sin binning of all time. Sharks get a penalty, ref blows time off, Sharks tap and go and it’s play on, Chee Kam is where the penalty was blown, stands there with hands up, does absolutely nothing and is sin binned. Awful.

Sup42

Sup42

Dull boring Tigers Sharks clash as to be expected,

Tigers were going well, Ivan has done well with his modest troops.

*since posting that dribble the Sharks have put on two electric trys.

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

Where were all these penalties on Wednesday night? Seriously refs, show some common sense about the play the ball speed, yes we all wanted to get Melb off the players, but nobody wanted you to turn into churlish vengeful zombies.

Edit: Well another close ripper of a game. But again the refs just ruining the flow of the game. They went from not policing the play the ball, the markers, the defensive line speed to just picking a penalty at whim with no consistency. How does sanity prevail, the fans cant do anything about it. Clearly SoO was ruled differently even though they said it wouldnt be. So does that mean the finals will be. Ruins the beautiful game.

Last edited:
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Just seen the worst sin binning of all time. Sharks get a penalty, ref blows time off, Sharks tap and go and it’s play on, Chee Kam is where the penalty was blown, stands there with hands up, does absolutely nothing and is sin binned. Awful.

He was binned because he gave away the initial penalty at the tackle while the team was under a warning