Team List NRL 2018 Round 12 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's no different than someone claiming our wins v the Roosters and Dragons are reasons to drop Shaun Johnson in favor of Lino.

Theoritical question. Which center running around today would it take before the Kata protectionist society are happy to let him play reserves. If we could magically sign Blake Fergurson, then would we be dropping Kata? Or James Roberts? How about even GI?[/QUO how about Lattre
Hypothetically, if Lino is unable to play due to injury and Shaun Johnson is deemed fit are the Warriors able to seek dispensation and have Shaun Johnson play? or, do we have to select a player for the squad announced on Tuesday?

Cheers.
i think they can ask the nrl only if we really dont have any other options..but its up to the nrl to make that decision

Reactions: 2 users
Hypothetically, if Lino is unable to play due to injury and Shaun Johnson is deemed fit are the Warriors able to seek dispensation and have Shaun Johnson play? or, do we have to select a player for the squad announced on Tuesday?

Cheers.
You need to get the exemption from the NRL, which I suspect would be declined because the injury was picked up during the last game. If the injury or some other unforeseen event occurs after team naming, you would be more likely to get the special exemption.

Reactions: 3 users

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reactions: 1 user
fixed that for you
No you just quoted Peta Hikus short career. You cant be saying that about Beale or you just being an old school warriors fan putting loyalty ahead of brains. He was way to good last week to be left out this week and I dont care which centre he replaces but he should be in the team. I would at this point in time replace Kata as he offers less on defense and Beale can also defend. The other reason is Hikus defense while far from Stella is on the improve, and he has that pass to Fusitua down pat, its always perfectly just in front of Fusitua running onto it.

The forwards is clearly where the Bunnies shine. So will be interesting to see how Papali'i goes against some of those fit big boppers. I think hes up for it though. Id say outside that Damien Cook is clearly the man of the moment for souths and is even smashing Luke at the moment on paper, who in my opinion is playing one of his best seasons of his career. I can just see us doing a broncos/storm/roosters and taking souths way to complacently with zero intensity (I very much hope Im wrong) and Cook just tearing us to shreds hanging off his big poppers or creating mayhem in his PTB speed and aggressive dummy half runs. Have to target those 2 areas and be ready for some serious play from Cook. Shut down the poms and Cook and thats 70% of the game won.

Outside that if we can just play for Completions, out outside backs even without Beale should shred Souths a new one. If there is ever a time we go to Hiku to catch and pass (they calling them Try Assists rofl, thanks Johnson/Green/Lino) to Fusitua its this game. But seeing as thats pretty much our only offense outside green and Lino's game management, I expect that anyway. What I dont expect but hope for is going left and Kata actually passing the ball (someone stop him from using super glue on his hands prior to kick off) and seeing Ken run all over the other winger. Its pretty much Kens method of stepping, stepping all over you haha. This is the game he can do it. Given Ginglis will be at FB. Speaking of which, the guy might not be overly fit but hes a freak like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in knowing to be at exactly the right time, so I dont expect any of our tries to come easy with him at the back. Johnston is good, but hes a better ball runner than he is a visionary full back. Whilst I hoped he would miss the game (not that I want people injured), I dont know if it changes much at the back aside from making flanking tries easier, but I can see Fusitua being taken out before he gets it down this game, a few times.

Been calling for just some basic offensive playbook for the last couple of weeks, I reckon we need it, sooner or later somebody is going jam the right edge and shut down Green and Lino and we are screwed with one off hit ups, our offloads might be the best in the leg but the quality isnt, its always at the dying of a tackle when their are defenders in range to take down the offloaded ball player. We really need guys backing up the likes of Luke and Harris at PACE. Without Johnson thats how we can create boken field play. Guys like Ken, Fusitua, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Hiku all taking more responsibility to be hanging off of these guys so they can run onto the offload at pace. Outside that we just need some basic players in motion, nothing fancy, just some reverse angles and who has the ball plays. We have the backs to penetrate opposition lines in this manner, we are just not using them as such and becoming very predictable offensively. I think SK has done the right thing doing what hes learnt from Bellamy and Bennett in not moving on from playbooks until the team has them down, but clearly we have improved substantially in completions over years gone by, our fitness is at least 200% on last year, especially start of season and as such our D (despite how our FnA looks) is much much much better especially on our try line, I dont think it would hurt to look at the offense playbook now. The timing is right, get a mini roll on before the bye then another few games post bye and thats us in the 8, then we can concentrate on the 4.

This is another one of those games we cant take complacently, i think despite the broncos being a lesser team, the storm was clearly the ultimate in complacent, the #1 team in many peoples eyes, so they had lost a few games at the start, but the week prior to us they put on 40 points. Whilst it was just the Cowboys last week, its the very reason not to take them as an easier win than the other top 6 teams.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

7.30pm, Saturday, May 26, 2018
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
Referees: Grant Atkins and Phil Henderson

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 David Fusitua
18 GERARD BEALE
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 KEN MAUMALO
3 PETA HIKU
6 BLAKE GREEN
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 SIMON MANNERING
12 TOHU HARRIS
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 BUNTY AFOA
17 ISAIAH PAPALI'I
20 KARL LAWTON
22 ANTHONY GELLIN
lol you cant have Beale in the starting line up....that could cause an avalanche of overestimating his value.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
You need to get the exemption from the NRL, which I suspect would be declined because the injury was picked up during the last game. If the injury or some other unforeseen event occurs after team naming, you would be more likely to get the special exemption.
Hiku would go to 6, and that might mean we finally see some individual offense from him, ie taking the line on and stepping. not saying to change the Fusitua plan too much, but will be goo to see if it does happen, Beale outside him will throw doubt in the defensive mind and Hiku might just use his step and create some broken field play.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Hiku switched to halves with Lino out
Author Richard Becht
Versatile Peta Hiku is set for his third different playing role in as many games when the Vodafone Warriors face the South Sydney Rabbitohs in tomorrow’s 12th-round NRL match at Mount Smart Stadium (7.30pm kick-off, match day sponsor: SKYCITY).

He started in the centres in the 10th-round loss to the Sydney Roosters and was then switched to fullback for unavailable captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in last Friday night’s encounter with Parramatta.

Now he has been named to play in the halves against the Rabbitohs tomorrow replacing halfback Mason Lino, who has tonight been ruled out with a leg injury. His move sees Gerard Beale, who made his club debut against the Eels last week, again switched from the extended bench to start in the centres.

Reactions: 5 users
Now he has been named to play in the halves against the Rabbitohs tomorrow replacing halfback Mason Lino, who has tonight been ruled out with a leg injury. His move sees Gerard Beale, who made his club debut against the Eels last week, again switched from the extended bench to start in the centres.

I think that just gives us so many more offensive offerings, yes it sucks Lino is out, but should hiku be able to take pressure off green I think that could be a big part of a win.

Cant wait to see Beale linking with Hiku, both of them taking the line on, not just the predictable switch out to flanky Fusitua.

• Haha

tajhay

🏉
I think that just gives us so many more offensive offerings, yes it sucks Lino is out, but should hiku be able to take pressure off green I think that could be a big part of a win.

Cant wait to see Beale linking with Hiku, both of them taking the line on, not just the predictable switch out to flanky Fusitua.
Hiku is at 6, Green moved to 7. If they stay in those positions and sides we will prob see Hiku linking more with Kata/Maumalo than Beale/Fusitua.

Hiku is at 6, Green moved to 7. If they stay in those positions and sides we will prob see Hiku linking more with Kata/Maumalo than Beale/Fusitua.
Yeah true, didnt think it through, but would be nice :). Perhaps Hiku might be the spark that Kata needs to start passing. I doubt it, but Hiku might just be leaving him out with his passes lol

I thought lawton was the best choice to cover from 9 to wing, but Hiku could prove to be the ultimate cover off the bench for the hooker/backs. Lolohea 2.0

Reactions: 1 user
6 posts on this one page just from Auswarriorsfan. You sure do lighten this place up a fair bit.

• Haha

wrighty

My main reason for wanting Hiku sent to the reserves is that 70% of the time he has a dig himself instead of passing. I am worried he will ball hogg it tomorrow to our detriment.

really wrighty? I think hes done a pretty good job this year getting Fusitua the ball. Has 4 Try assists which were all to Fusitua.

You must hata Kata then haha. I guess he does at least defend very well. But was watching some highlights of Katas career so far, hes just not busting the line like he use to. He use to shimmy a bit more, now hes like Ken, just looks to run over players, doesnt have the height for that imo, no matter how strong his lower torso/hips are.

Status
Not open for further replies.