Team List NRL 2018 Round 12 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with every selection, but SK has kept us on 3rd on the table with his process, so I'm going to trust his judgement.

There's bound to be loads of factors going on behind the scenes, that we're not allowed to know about (which is great because we don't want the Rabbitos knowing any of that shit either), so I'm going to assume that this is the best possible team.

No complaints, i guess Satae is being kept to match the size of their forwards.

Which means if our forwards don't show up to the party, then we will lose by plenty. bunnies will also be looking for revenge from round one! a bit like the Roosters.
Their forwards are big, but our forwards are quick.

That's really what I'll be looking for at the start of the game. If we slow down the PTB and rush off the line we'll win the forward battle.

If they've got no room to move they can't settle into their attack.

But if we wait back they'll steam roll us through the middle, run their sweeping back line plays and breed points almost at will.

Nice to see them stick with the Same side. Winning has to have some reward.
Pleasing to see Satae continue on with the team most of all, we need someone to take the step ahead of Vete and Sam, they have both been underwhelming considering the years of development.

Tough game, mind you they all are in their own way...Sam Burgess if he plays is good for a couple of turn overs.

These guys are going to have to learn to go back to what they know best when the pressure comes on, defence.
Hopefully we bring our best....the bunnies are going well but that last game against the Cows showed they are beatable.

i see johnston is out and Inglis to full back - could be a tough nite for our forwards - i think souths have a really good pack at the moment and Damian Cook is in good form, hope we front up against those big burgess boys and crichton. Looking forward to it - would like to see Beale come into the mix and Lawton. Whats actually up with Lisone - he playing ISP or what?
yep i just read that he had a leg inju
I don't agree with every selection, but SK has kept us on 3rd on the table with his process, so I'm going to trust his judgement.

There's bound to be loads of factors going on behind the scenes, that we're not allowed to know about (which is great because we don't want the Rabbitos knowing any of that shit either), so I'm going to assume that this is the best possible team.
it wouldnt suprise me if sk swaps tevaga & satae for lawton & beale and maybe use maumalo up front which is basically what hes doing now..and damn well i might add

Geez Chris Satae getting some love after one carry last week lol.

Defence was pretty sound though...
I'm a big fan of his, we defended the whole time he was on. He made 24 tackles in 15 minutes, which is about what the average starting prop makes per game for 50 minutes. There was a period of consecutive sets where he made or was involved in 9 out of the 10 tackles. It is unfortunate because that is not his strength, however the fact he backed up the next day for the ISP team and ran for 160m and made 25 tackles is a testament to his fitness.

Hopefully we get our share of the ball and he can show his ability. One thing I really like about him is that he times his run very well and can isolate the A pillar on defence in behind the ruck, something Warriors have struggled at since Sam Rapira left. Also, he fits the bill of a big guy which people around here have been begging for 6ft3 plus and playing weight is over 115kgs I'm told.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I'm a big fan of his, we defended the whole time he was on. He made 24 tackles in 15 minutes, which is about what the average starting prop makes per game for 50 minutes. There was a period of consecutive sets where he made or was involved in 9 out of the 10 tackles. It is unfortunate because that is not his strength, however the fact he backed up the next day for the ISP team and ran for 160m and made 25 tackles is a testament to his fitness.

Hopefully we get out share of the ball and he can show his ability. One thing I really like about him is that he times his run very well and can isolate the A pillar on defence in behind the ruck, something Warriors have struggled at since Sam Rapira left. Also, he fits the bill of a big guy which people around here have been begging for 6ft3 plus and playing weight as over 115kgs I'm told.
A couple of those tackles were potential try savers as well.

Always important to have cheapies who have some experience to bridge any gaps...

Status
Not open for further replies.