• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

warriors4eva

sorry for the late post fellas, been away all weekend, missed the game

but had a bad feeling about this one a couple of weeks ago when we got bashed by a big roosters pack

said this some would happen against the bunnies

we seem to lack the aggression needed against the bigger sides

Reactions: 2 users
danyooll

danyooll

sorry for the late post fellas, been away all weekend, missed the game

but had a bad feeling about this one a couple of weeks ago when we got bashed by a big roosters pack

said this some would happen against the bunnies

we seem to lack the aggression needed against the bigger sides

Spot on brother.

This season is more about laying the foundation. Fitness, new ownership, football manager, a giant overhaul which was badly needed.

Currently, we are a top eight side that will get bundled out second week of the finals. We’ve built crazy depth which we will soon reap the benefits from. You can see the team building nicely in all aspects. Forward pack has been a weakness for years, but this has finally been recognised.

2019-2021 is the premiership window in my opinion, coming from a realistic point of view. All the correct steps are being made from above for once. Bad eggs are being taken care of. I don’t know too much about the junior/grassroots rugby league of New Zealand but I hope that is building as well.

Ultimately, good times are ahead. But before the first premiership will come along, we will go through very heavy defeats. It’s all a part of the process. Not to be confused with Brocess.

Rewatch the preseason documentary for a general idea of where this club is headed towards.

Reactions: 8 users
love4thegame

love4thegame

Very few teams in the comp win consistently when you have injures to key players and play others well out of position. Was a disappointing performance but plenty would have fared similar given the injuries.

Reactions: 3 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I am not sure I agree. I think you need to either win the arm wrestle or largely hold your own.

David can't beat Goliath in league or union.
Maybe, but it's a lot easier to start a defensive set of 6 at the other end of the pitch.

bunnyglory

bunnyglory

Very few teams in the comp win consistently when you have injures to key players and play others well out of position. Was a disappointing performance but plenty would have fared similar given the injuries.

Tell that to the guys on Fox 360.. they keep on saying how hopeless we are

AlexM

AlexM

Where were our backs against the Rabbits?

At the start of the year our back five were all making 100m+ (they have more size than that bench, but didn’t seem to come looking for work when we were in our own half?)
No real linking from the halves to the backs.
Peta tries hard but isn't a great half.
Forwards tried to play a mobile game. Bit wet though.

Reactions: 1 user

warriors4eva

Tell that to the guys on Fox 360.. they keep on saying how hopeless we are

they keep saying that even though we havent been out of the top 5 all season ??

sorry dont have sky anymore so not up to speed on what these dick heads over the tasman think !

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
bunnyglory

bunnyglory

No real linking from the halves to the backs.
Peta tries hard but isn't a great half.
Forwards tried to play a mobile game. Bit wet though.

Green was a target every time he got the ball. better to had Tohu Harris at 6 and run at the[r halves
Hiku didn't do anything

Reactions: 1 users
Warrior482

Warrior482

Yeah, he passed to Ken for a try in the first or second game. While on the run too which disproves my theory from last year that he can't actually run and pass at the same time. Turns out that he can do it and that he just doesn't want to. The kid is a good front on defender, has power and an excellent attitude but is without doubt, the greediest centre I've ever seen in the NRL.

He's no Tatey

Warrior482

Warrior482

they keep saying that even though we havent been out of the top 5 all season ??

sorry dont have sky anymore so not up to speed on what these dick heads over the tasman think !

They're pretty much on the same buzz as old mate rattue, heaped praise on us (well, green at least) when the goings good but absolutely relish putting the boot in when things turn to custard.
What frustrates is when we win it can sometimes be glossed over or earn misinformed praise (cliche praise ie green is God, its all Corvo or B. Smith) and when we lose the boot is firmly put in with much the same broad and cliched (or downright wrong) criticism. I suppose it happens but...

wrighty

They're pretty much on the same buzz as old mate rattue, heaped praise on us (well, green at least) when the goings good but absolutely relish putting the boot in when things turn to custard.
What frustrates is when we win it can sometimes be glossed over or earn misinformed praise (cliche praise ie green is God, its all Corvo or B. Smith) and when we lose the boot is firmly put in with much the same broad and cliched (or downright wrong) criticism. I suppose it happens but...

As a newcomer to following the NRL I don't really care what the Australian shows have to say about us, that said I can relate to the concern. Cricket is my top sport and I always get my nose out of joint by what Channel 9 have to say about the blackcaps when we tour there.

My own impression of the Australian league shows is that they really know their chops and make extremely valuable comments. Superior analysis to the Kiwi commentators on our pre-game show.

Reactions: 1 users