General NRL 2018 Round 12 - General Discussion

Sup42

Sup42

Shaun Lane has come on well at Manly...shame our club was shit when he was here.

LOL at the Raiders getting penalised for a Clock infringement.

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Thought we'd be the team stung for that.

Commentators talking about Super Saturday and the Warriors talked as one of the games not to be missed. I wouldn't think I'd hear that at the start of the year.

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

Both teams giving it a fair crack, few defensive errors....still the NRL is a hard comp....you couldnt say either side is having an easy time of it.

AusWarriorsFan

Shaun Lane has come on well at Manly...shame our club was shit when he was here.

LOL at the Raiders getting penalised for a Clock infringement.
When and why do they apply a penalty, Im sure that is a first this year?

Do the Raiders deliberately try to make every game a close one, win or lose, just to entertain lol. Expected a close one, got a close one.

Given 13 will be the cut off this year already set in stone, with Manly so down on troops, who is more likely to be able to score 8/12 in the second half of the year? Id say the raiders, but even with players out Manly still have quality players, Dce, Taupau, Tommy Turbo etc. Perhaps they will click once they realise how under achieved they have gone this year. But 9/12 I think is beyond them. I think 8/12 is beyond either team in reality.

Tragic

Tragic

Austins defence is kaka. Any of our boys defended like him they would get roasted on here and before you ask yes hiku is better ( and before you show me the stats to prove he isn't, dont, just leave me in my ignorance).

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
snake77

snake77

I was thinking the Raiders don't look like scoring. Not much shape not getting the ball to the right guys who could create something. Then they score that last try......................what the hell do I know.

Watching that game I wasn't expecting that type of finish. Usually the Raiders clock off.

AusWarriorsFan

Well the Raiders have had some go against them this year. I thought they were top 8 contenders as I did Manly. I still think its a bit too little too late.

In saying that the Sharks are in there 5th with 192:199, Raiders now are 262:261. As for the Broncos there FnA is abissmal. But generally FnA doesnt mean much without context of who you have played.

Sharks will slip to 8th and I think the Raiders have a chance of chasing them down by Round 22. Its only 2 games to catch up. If the Raiders live up to potential they can do it. Raiders flying under the Raider, rofl, hehe, sorry. Truely a wild card potential though.

Flap I feel sorry for Manly. had such a promising year. Then just plagued with injuries. Played 2 games with 13 men.

Tedster

Tedster

really enjoyed that game - exciting finish. I don't like manly so happy for the raiders.

AusWarriorsFan

really enjoyed that game - exciting finish. I don't like manly so happy for the raiders.
I think I only like Manly due to the Kiwi connection of the Iros and Ridge etc. Plus its one of the best places in Syd to live without feeling like your gonna get shot for accidently cutting somebody off on the road. ;-p.

But yep, I was going for the Raiders but they have let me down. Maybe its turn the season around time. 8/12 is a pretty hard ask but completely possible given they are the 3rd best offensively.

snake77

snake77

How quick is Addo-Carr. Kyle Feldt makes a break and sure he's slowed up a bit from recovering from an attempted ankle tap but Addo-Carr ends up in front of him to make a tackle like Feldt is doing a standard hit up.

3rdstriker

3rdstriker

Why couldn't the storm play like this when we faced them scrappy and so many errors.
We would've destroyed them if they made unforced errors like this.

Reactions: 1 users