General NRL 2018 Round 11 - General Discussion

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Was just having a look at the draw, we don't play any dry(hopeful) Sunday arvo footy till round 18 at Suncorp. Might get some good Sunday arvo conditions in round 20 at GC and 23 at ANZ for Dogs aswell.

Feel like we usually get more than 4 Sundays??
I like what you are saying, but Id really love to see some REAL offensive playbooks from the Warriors. At the moment Green and Lino are carrying that weight. I think some players in motion from the likes of Hiku and Beale and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would be lethal. remember that Luke to Green to Johnson to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck try, was it Souths or Canberra. Anyway, just some simple plays, we dont need to get too fancy on it but giving these talented backs a chance to break the line off of Green and Lino and when Johnson is back clearly he will instigate such things anyway. Remember when we use to score 50 points a few times a season and look forward to them. Id love won of those type of wins. Get our FnA back on track. So yeah Im lookn forward to a dry fast Track against the Tits. That could be our big scoring game. I think they reduced our Sundays and have tried to give us mostly Saturdays, this was disgust but I forget the ins and outs.

Yeah thats rubbish 6 weeks vs what Curtis got. I gotta say though, if you go round talking to somebody like that on the streets or in a pub you probably gonna get the same. Shouldnt happen on the football field. But maybe both players should learn something from it?...........

Flappn Dragons, grrrr. Green machine keep being so close this year. Still an outside chance of the 8. Im thinking the Tigers might slide. there FnA shows good defense but they have had an easy draw, what worries me is the offense is only 170ish. Considering they got off to such a hot start, the tries have dried up for them.

Last edited:

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Gold from twitter
Todd Greasley‏ @ToddGreasley
No wonder @ApiKoroisau came back on before the 10 minutes were finished, the ref only gave him 9 and a half.... #NRLStormManly @NRL @Former_legend @AndrewVossy @FOXNRL @9_Moley @SeaEagles @storm @markMGgeyer

Ddjscz2VMAAcXOl.jpg

1:52 AM - 19 May 2018

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
This game is a big one, come on Raiders, do us a Solid. And then Panthers v Dragons next week, actually other way isnt it, anyway, either way we win in that game. We have a chance to be equal top (2nd) if we win next week.

only way we get to equal top 2 is if they put a massive score on the bunnies and the Panthers win. Wouldnt it be better if the warriors put a massive score on the bunnies and the panthers lose, that would put the warriors back into second place and leave the dragons 2 points ahead, with the panthers dropping back to 3rd?

Reactions: Inruin and Sup42

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
only way we get to equal top 2 is if they put a massive score on the bunnies and the Panthers win. Wouldnt it be better if the warriors put a massive score on the bunnies and the panthers lose, that would put the warriors back into second place and leave the dragons 2 points ahead, with the panthers dropping back to 3rd?

Honestly I don't fancy getting the minor premiership. I'd rather play the finals from a top four but not 1st position.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Honestly I don't fancy getting the minor premiership. I'd rather play the finals from a top four but not 1st position.
man you can tell a warriors fan, not been in the top 8 in years and one good start to a season and you start getting picky about not wanting to win to much. Personally ill take anywhere in the top 8 followed by a GF victory this year.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
man you can tell a warriors fan, not been in the top 8 in years and one good start to a season and you start getting picky about not wanting to win to much. Personally ill take anywhere in the top 8 followed by a GF victory this year.

It's not because I support the Warriors it's because more often than not I recall minor prems falling short.

So the essence of my point is that I want our team to win the actual premiership, not the minor one.

But hey. You are entitled to your opinion or assumption. And it does help me define myself more clearly.

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
It's not because I support the Warriors it's because more often than not I recall minor prems falling short.

So the essence of my point is that I want our team to win the actual premiership, not the minor one.

But hey. You are entitled to your opinion or assumption. And it does help me define myself more clearly.
well im glad to help anyone if i can.

I didnt realise it was as bad as it is - quick google search showed me that you have a really good point.

• Haha
Reactions: Citygirl

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Thinking about it logically, I'd rather the Dragons head off now and win every game (except against us on 4th Aug). We 'settle' for 2nd spot which is no worse off at all when it comes to the play-offs than 1st spot, except that at home we'd get to face 3 instead of 4, whoever that happens to be.

The Panthers are our biggest threat at present, so I want the Dragons to beat them up this next weekend.... and we need to concentrate on getting past the Wabbitz first and foremost, then if possible clawing back some of that lousy points differential. If we're winning, no-one can pass us.

Nice to dream aye??

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
well im glad to help anyone if i can.

I didnt realise it was as bad as it is - quick google search showed me that you have a really good point.

Cases in point from nemory not Google reality is the Roosters going unbeaten for mega runs then having their first loss in years in the GF qualifier.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland

I remember reading a few stats around this. Don't think anyone outside the top 4 has ever won a GF. Two main things when it comes to winning the big dance is making the top 4 and winning the first finals game so you get a break...

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
I'd rather we win every game for the rest of the season including the grand final then back it up next year. ;)

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
Thinking about it logically, I'd rather the Dragons head off now and win every game (except against us on 4th Aug). We 'settle' for 2nd spot which is no worse off at all when it comes to the play-offs than 1st spot, except that at home we'd get to face 3 instead of 4, whoever that happens to be.

The Panthers are our biggest threat at present, so I want the Dragons to beat them up this next weekend.... and we need to concentrate on getting past the Wabbitz first and foremost, then if possible clawing back some of that lousy points differential. If we're winning, no-one can pass us.

Nice to dream aye??

Sid, I'm with you. We keep winning no one can pass us. Sort of the same as on the field in many sports, if you have the possession and keep going forward, you must score.

First thing I ever learned playing most games was Pace, Possession and Position.

On the other side is the 6 P's. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Production or other variants

jonesy101

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2016
Sid, I'm with you. We keep winning no one can pass us. Sort of the same as on the field in many sports, if you have the possession and keep going forward, you must score.

First thing I ever learned playing most games was Pace, Possession and Position.

On the other side is the 6 P's. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Production or other variants
You're missing the P for Process...

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Yep ur right. I think MP will be 19 this year. 18 at the very least. We got it with 17 in our MP but it came down to the Dragons doing us a solid.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I remember reading a few stats around this.
In all history? I believe its 5 teams only.

When does SoO camp start? If Cleary is playing this weekend then I cant see Dragons beating the Panthers, if though the Panthers have had a very soft run. That game last night from the Dragons was very unconvincing. Players like Aitken havnt scored or done much of anything for 3 rounds. Clearly they have good D but the Panthers with cleary and Jimi are pretty awesome with players in motion.

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Just a question, I'm old and approaching senility bit what's MP?
minor premiership, sorry just acronym used on an aussie league forum.

No wonder came back on before the 10 minutes were finished, the ref only gave him 9 and a half...

Im not sure why a blind sider isnt getting 3 weeks as well. He was meant to be sent off but the ref flapped up his hearing. So now its not just their sight they cant hear either.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
New Plymouth
minor premiership, sorry just acronym used on an aussie league forum.

Im not sure why a blind sider isnt getting 3 weeks as well. He was meant to be sent off but the ref flapped up his hearing. So now its not just their sight they cant hear either.

So, is the big dance called the GF?

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings