01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Hate to say it ... but I get a bad feeling there is another Ambush about to happen and that Parra is about to unleash some dominant Football over us

As Stacy Jones's Article in the NZ Herald alerted to the blue print in how to beat the Warriors:

Jones said the key to defeating the Warriors is through physicality.

"If you look at the Melbourne game, the Broncos game, they had a narrow focus of being physical.

"In this competition, we're a team that teams know if they come physical and get on top of us they'll get a result," he said.

Parra is very capable of Muscling Up and Our poor For and Against will regretfully hit the NEGATIVE... I hope I am Wrong!

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
MANAIA CHERRINGTON.surley was in the conversation as COOK.but cherrington.is a live wire cherrington played ok in the wet last week

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Seems like we've been saying that forever about those 2 chaps.

Personally I don't rate them, I have a suspicion this is as good as they get. Somehow if you could phase them together you might get 1 decent footy player......individually tho there's just too many weaknesses.
I agree I had my doubts last year that they would ever come good. Now seeing them flounder in a pack that is going ok I think they are heading for ESL

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2013
Northland
Back line players play 80 minutes. Simple as that. We are done with the days of carrying a fat Konnie or having Tui sit on the pine for over 80 minutes. If Lawton could play at least lock he would have been named but to have him there so he can play 20 minutes then hope against hope that a back gets injured is stupid.

The forwards are the ones that do the muscle work. They are the ones that need the rest. Jazz taking hit ups and making bulk tackles is him doing his job and giving our 80 minute men a breather. Guys like Tohu Harris or Simon don't play 80 minutes in the middle without spending time hiding on the edge or well back behind the ruck. Even machines need to stop for gas.

I realise Tevaga's service is pretty lousy at times but he's still a better bench option than a 20 minute hooker. If Issac Luke is 50/50 then you can almost certainly guarantee Lawton gets the nod. He won't get a game if its one of the halves I bet ya...
I'm pretty sure the brains trust of SK Smith and others have figured out what best suits the team. At the moment its Jazz, I agree no way is he a better dummy half than Lawton but he can make some middle tackles and do some hit ups. It is what it is for what's available right now.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
Lisone is almost as bad as Bryce Cartwright in some of those tackle efforts. Good riddance. I hope he doesn't see the top 17 for some time.
Fair point, no way good enough especially for a forward. I just wonder if he has been dropped or he is injured as Kearney doesn't seem to drop players - he isn't good enough to play first grade at the moment thats for sure - don't want to see him back in this team anytime soon..... :cat::cat:

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Fair point, no way good enough especially for a forward. I just wonder if he has been dropped or he is injured as Kearney doesn't seem to drop players - he isn't good enough to play first grade at the moment thats for sure - don't want to see him back in this team anytime soon..... :cat::cat:

Ligi Sao would like a word ... he was dropped so hard he went straight through the earth's crust, never to be seen on the Tuesday team sheet again.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Ligi Sao would like a word ... he was dropped so hard he went straight through the earth's crust, never to be seen on the Tuesday team sheet again.
Maybe ligi was going hard to get a spot early on and then once he'd proved himself he buttoned right off at training.

Bit sad if that's what happened tho. The guy could be somebody.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Sao lost his spot because Paasi started the season slow due to injury and then Mannering came back from injury. Thought that was pretty much all there was too it.

He only played 4 games and the last two were 16 and 26 minutes. The writing was already on the wall in regards to his spot in the team.

Throw in that his tackle effeciency is under 86% (Lisone is 91%) and you've got a guybwho is injury cover and no longer in the side due to guys coming back from injury.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
I just dont get Kearny at all, he keeps making the same mistakes year after year, the way he keeps getting schooled by good Coaches tells me we cant win a GF with him in charge.
Also Im disappointed the meathead is injured instead of dropped.

Jazz is better at what?? Missing tackles and shit line defence and fucking up attacking plays.

Watching live I didn't realise how many tackles Lawton made, its pity no other forward can boast his workrate and efficiency, fucking madness he aint the 14, he'd play Lock too just going by stats.

Lawton 35 tackles in 50 mins 0 misses 0 ineffective 7 runs for 68m, 29 PCM, 0 errors.
Thats impressive shit in a team that got flogged.

Jizz 31 tackles in 48, 3 missed, 2 ineffective 7 runs for 31m 11 PCM, 2 errors.

I just dont get it.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
I just dont get Kearny at all, he keeps making the same mistakes year after year, the way he keeps getting schooled by good Coaches tells me we cant win a GF with him in charge.

Jazz is better at what?? Missing tackles and shit line defence and fucking up attacking plays.

Watching live I didn't realise how many tackles Lawton made, its pity no other forward can boast his workrate and efficiency, fucking madness he aint the 14, he'd play Lock too just going by stats.

Lawton 35 tackles in 50 mins 0 misses 0 ineffective 7 runs for 68m, 29 PCM, 0 errors.

I just dont get it.

Its just ridiculous and there are still forumers here who defend his selections like mindless sheep who can't make their own minds up.

Oh but Jazz can play lock and Lawton can't haha based on what?

warriors4eva

1st Grade Fringe
May 21, 2012
Hamilton
Its just ridiculous and there are still forumers here who defend his selections like mindless sheep who can't make their own minds up.

exactly , some people just have their favourites and must watch them play through rose tinted glasses and can do no wrong

lisone and jazz arent the only x2 who should be watching their spots

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Baaaaaa

Some goldfish posters just want to throw out what was working in favor of their new special fave player of the minute, Tevaga can play lock because he's done it much of the year to good effect.

Rd 3 W Raiders – Luke 80 minutes, Tevaga 56 minutes
Rd 4 W Roosters – Luke 80 minutes, Tevaga 53 minutes
Rd 5 W Cowboys – Luke 80 minutes, Tevaga 53 minutes
Rd 6 L Broncos – Luke 80 minutes, Tevaga 56 minutes
Rd 7 W Dragons – Luke 80 minutes, Tevaga 60 minutes.

The combination works, the results speak for themselves, when Luke is missing it goes south in a hurry, but that just shows his importance.

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Sao lost his spot because Paasi started the season slow due to injury and then Mannering came back from injury. Thought that was pretty much all there was too it.

He only played 4 games and the last two were 16 and 26 minutes. The writing was already on the wall in regards to his spot in the team.

Throw in that his tackle effeciency is under 86% (Lisone is 91%) and you've got a guybwho is injury cover and no longer in the side due to guys coming back from injury.

this is what I said the other week and got shot down lol

glad someone else is thinking with some logic

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014

I just dont get it.
another fair point which makes me think had he not been injured dumb dumb would have played this week. Don't get me started on why Lawton isn't there - no faith in Tevaga at all. :banghead::banghead:

Reactions: ShaunJohnson7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings