Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
SuperCoach analysis: Karl Lawton is a definite AVOID now Issac Luke has been named to return from injury. Mason Lino is named in place of Shaun Johnson who remains sidelined with injury. Shaun Johnson is a possible sell considering he is likely to miss four of the next six rounds.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Issac Luke has been training well and is expected to play as usual.

Obviously Jazz is in the team as he covers Issac Luke but also saves an interchange by moving into the pack at lock once Bully comes back on. That extra interchange alone makes him much more valuable than Karl Lawton.

Also remembering that if the Warriors are defending a lot while Chris Satae is on he won't last 20 minutes out there whereas Jazz will and some...

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017

Obviously Jazz is in the team as he covers Issac Luke but also saves an interchange by moving into the pack at lock once Bully comes back on. That extra interchange alone makes him much more valuable than Karl Lawton.

Also remembering that if the Warriors are defending a lot while Chris Satae is on he won't last 20 minutes out there whereas Jazz will and some...
Yeah I think jazzs performance last week was more a reflection of the teams performance. He was singled out a bit. Lots if errors though.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK

Agree.

I also have faith in the "brocess".

SK should have them fired up this week, we need to get on top early because the Eels always seem to have a late surge. i'll be really disappointed if the forwards are not fired up this week.

Parras' pack is not as good as ours, their backs I would say are about on par.

wrighty

Man I hope we can beat the Eels. Lino must step up. He was awful on the weekend. 2nd worst player on the field next to Lisone.

It also really hurt us that Green was our only clearance kicker, hopefully Luke can assist with even one or two kicks this week just to stop the eels contemplating doing a JWH on Green.

Reactions: Defence

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012

I don't see how it makes him 'much more valuable' when he's a terrible dummy half so we lose there and then when he shifts to lock it means we are more undersized and he over plays his hand on attack and we just have much better options between Mannering and Blair to play there.

I would rather more minutes went to Paasi, Bunty, Papaali and the aforementioned because Jazz isn't up to it, never has been and never will be. Too many weaknesses and its ridiculous Lawton isn't there given his versatility and ability which far outweighs Jazz.

flying coconut

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 21, 2012

I see the interchange he saves to be far outweighed by the disadvantage of leaving him on. The guy offers very little.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I don't see how it makes him 'much more valuable' when he's a terrible dummy half so we lose there and then when he shifts to lock it means we are more undersized and he over plays his hand on attack and we just have much better options between Mannering and Blair to play there.

I would rather more minutes went to Paasi, Bunty, Papaali and the aforementioned because Jazz isn't up to it, never has been and never will be. Too many weaknesses and its ridiculous Lawton isn't there given his versatility and ability which far outweighs Jazz.

Luke doesn’t come off the field unless he’s injured or the game is hand with 10minutes to go. Lawton would just be sitting their waiting for an injury. Tevaga can at least play in the forwards.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Luke doesn’t come off the field unless he’s injured or the game is hand with 10minutes to go. Lawton would just be sitting their waiting for an injury. Tevaga can at least play in the forwards.

He CAN but he's pretty shit at it....Lawton at a pinch can cover multiple back line positions and is a good option at dummy half.....can you imagine Tevaga trying to cover the halves? Why are people saying Tevaga is more valuable because he can play in the forwards and he can play dummy half but quite frankly sucks at both those things? Because he's got energy? Not really, to me he handles the ball way too much when we have way better options. Sorry it makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
He CAN but he's pretty shit at it....Lawton at a pinch can cover multiple back line positions and is a good option at dummy half.....can you imagine Tevaga trying to cover the halves? Why are people saying Tevaga is more valuable because he can play in the forwards and he can play dummy half but quite frankly sucks at both those things? Because he's got energy? Not really, to me he handles the ball way too much when we have way better options. Sorry it makes no sense to me.
Back line players play 80 minutes. Simple as that. We are done with the days of carrying a fat Konnie or having Tui sit on the pine for over 80 minutes. If Lawton could play at least lock he would have been named but to have him there so he can play 20 minutes then hope against hope that a back gets injured is stupid.

The forwards are the ones that do the muscle work. They are the ones that need the rest. Jazz taking hit ups and making bulk tackles is him doing his job and giving our 80 minute men a breather. Guys like Tohu Harris or Simon don't play 80 minutes in the middle without spending time hiding on the edge or well back behind the ruck. Even machines need to stop for gas.

I realise Tevaga's service is pretty lousy at times but he's still a better bench option than a 20 minute hooker. If Issac Luke is 50/50 then you can almost certainly guarantee Lawton gets the nod. He won't get a game if its one of the halves I bet ya...

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Back line players play 80 minutes. Simple as that. We are done with the days of carrying a fat Konnie or having Tui sit on the pine for over 80 minutes. If Lawton could play at least lock he would have been named but to have him there so he can play 20 minutes then hope against hope that a back gets injured is stupid.

The forwards are the ones that do the muscle work. They are the ones that need the rest. Jazz taking hit ups and making bulk tackles is him doing his job and giving our 80 minute men a breather. Guys like Tohu Harris or Simon don't play 80 minutes in the middle without spending time hiding on the edge or well back behind the ruck. Even machines need to stop for gas.

I realise Tevaga's service is pretty lousy at times but he's still a better bench option than a 20 minute hooker. If Issac Luke is 50/50 then you can almost certainly guarantee Lawton gets the nod. He won't get a game if its one of the halves I bet ya...

But Kearney generally uses the 4th bench man very little as is and I would rather see Lawton get a spell of 20 mins or so at hooker and then cover other positions.

You say back line players are 80 mins and yes that's true a lot of our forwards are also capable of that. I think with 60 mins Luke's running game would open up even more and Lawton also adds this coming on as the fresh man. Tevaga offers slow, inaccurate passes, he is slow and he makes more than his share of errors. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings