• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
We are clear 3rd but 6th on goal difference which will probably improve during SOO. I think we are certainties for top 8 and a runner for top 4.

Well done Warriors.

Not really aimed at you Bruce, but I have seen a lot of posters talk up our surge during origin. We play teams that aren't very affected, and have a bye at a crucial time. Add to that the Denver test and I think that the usual rep time bonanza will work against us this year

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
Not sure why Aussie commentators get so much hate? I dunno about you guys, but I watch most of the matches played each week, and the commentary isn't anymore biased/unbiased than for any other teams.

Do they sometimes make shit calls and talk up one team more than another? Yep - happens pretty much every match. But they are a shit load more insightful and professional than the skull fuckery that is Darryl Halligan.

I actually find that a lot of Aussie commentators have a soft spot for the warriors.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Not really aimed at you Bruce, but I have seen a lot of posters talk up our surge during origin. We play teams that aren't very affected, and have a bye at a crucial time. Add to that the Denver test and I think that the usual rep time bonanza will work against us this year
Agree it many not be as big advantage this year.

We get the Broncos backing up after Origin 3.
We have Manly backing up from Origin 1 - unlikely they will have too many, but we could hope that Turbo Tom gets the no 1 and joins his bro in the squad. Two player backing up / unavailable can be an edge

Danpatmac

yip

Kearney has said Test players won't back up plus with the schedule changes it is hard to see how we are going to benefit during origin

Reactions: Off The Bench

ToiletDuck

Dr Faggot
Contributor
Mar 30, 2012
Auckland
That was a terrible, terrible game to watch.

A win is a win I guess, but man that Eels side...so so bad. They had a brief period either side of halftime where they looked competent, and that was about it. Was somewhat disheartening to see just how quickly we let them get on top and had no real answer, unless the refs granted us a penalty coming out of our end (which they should have, given how many soft calls the Eels got...)

If I'm honest, our forwards are fairly shite. Not a lot of post contact meters and that middle part of the game where Simon comes on and seems to take 2 hitups a set is simply awful. We make about 30m a set and go nowhere. I don't know what the answer is. We don't have any forwards to come back from injury really, and our current crop do well in patches but are easily outplayed by other packs.

Attack looks clunky, which is to be expected I guess without Shaun Johnson and RTVS. But there's just no way Green and Lino provide the same sort of indecision that Shaun Johnson creates. RTVS back next week will help to a degree.

Isaac Luke great game, especially as he looks like he's playing injured. Scramble defence was good at times. Other than that struggled for too many positives. Still, need to win those sort of games to keep accumulating competition points, was also a win on the road which is good.

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 1, 2016
First time we have had to fight for our top eight place after the first couple of rounds.
Big pass mark on that one...well bloody done Warriors.

We have got so used to playing with twelve that fans take it for granted that we will remain in the contest.

Have we lost a game where we had one binned ? ....no ? ....coincidence ?

Green is a terrible defender but his inside men are leaving massive gaps...thankfully the Eels were too stupid to see it more than once.

I cannot get over how many times the Eels ran away from massive holes in our line.

Interesting to see what happens to that backline now that Beale has taken one spot...someones going bye bye.

Papali'i didn't take Terepo who got outside him and Green had to commit. That left Green's man open then Kata unsuccessfully tried to jam in on the hole runner who scored.

Papali'i is my concern. I don't see it in him yet.

WarriorBall

That’s bang on, there’s no advantage to us this year but it won’t stop the commentators banging on about it for the next couple of months.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Not sure why Aussie commentators get so much hate? I dunno about you guys, but I watch most of the matches played each week, and the commentary isn't anymore biased/unbiased than for any other teams.

Do they sometimes make shit calls and talk up one team more than another? Yep - happens pretty much every match. But they are a shit load more insightful and professional than the skull fuckery that is Darryl Halligan.

I actually find that a lot of Aussie commentators have a soft spot for the warriors.
I agree.

And I get bored reading comments slamming them when they are right on point. It's piss weak IMO.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I like Danny Buderus, hes got a good voice and approach, brandy will kick you when your down but now we are doing better he's fine.

Shit there was little enjoyment to be had for the middle 50 minutes of that. A dirty round 11 match away to the bottom team shouldn't seem THAT important, but felt like a hugely valuable win. Mannering looked better I thought always there to clean up. Hope everything goes well with Rogers partner.

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Issac Luke and the Warriors get the last laugh over Parramatta in 24-14 victory
fe8685f885f60a23fddc1b7aae080449

THE last laugh is always the toughest to cop.

And you had to feel for poor Will Smith as Issac Luke delivered the knockout blow to Parramatta’s fading finals hopes.

A year that started with so much promise is pretty much over for the Eels after slumping to their ninth defeat of the season with a 24-14 loss to the Warriors.

KENT: Smith keeps Blues guessing to the end

SWAP: Naiqama paves the way for Barba return

And after a running battle between the two hookers throughout the second half, it was the inspirational Warrior who had the last laugh with he barged over the line in the 76th minute to lock up the win.

The victory keeps Steve Kearney’s team in third spot on the NRL ladder with the Eels remaining dead last.

b28e0842bf25063310fd4037339c2584

Luke plunged over for the match-sealing try.
After a terrible first half, the Eels fought back to lead 14-12 heading into the final quarter when Manu Ma’u crashed over.

But the Warriors hit back with a try to Jazz Tevaga, coming off a Blake Green grubber kick that bounced awfully for Mitchell Moses, to push back in front with 12 minutes remaining.

The Eels had another shot when another Green kick trickled dead, giving up a crucial seven tackle set.

On the back of that came a penalty to Smith when he threw the ball at Luke, who was lying in the ruck albeit a metre or two behind the play the ball.

Luke let Smith know what he thought of the play, and the two fired up before the kick for touch.

But soon after it was Smith who delivered the ball back to the Warriors when he coughed up possession close to the Warriors’ line.

85f2b3c2fcb17d47965d23bdff82893f

Once again, the Eels were their own worst enemies.
From that mistake the Warriors marched upfield, and Luke sealed the match to take his team to 16 competition points.

After coming into the game with hype that he could end up in the NSW side, Moses hardly set the world on fire and while it wasn’t his fault the Eels lost, it certainly won’t do his Origin hopes any good.

Even without skipper Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson, the Warriors started like a team sitting third on the NRL ladder and the Eels looked like a team coming last.

It’s easy to say in hindsight, but the Eels just looked lethargic during their warm up and it transferred into the first half.

Dropped ball after dropped ball, pushed passes on early tackles, poor missed tackles, and on one occasion Corey Norman even failed to find touch off a penalty.

9e9fa41abe8f0497050598e0fc1b09ff

It was a strong performance for the Warriors without two of their best.
And despite the Warriors being on the wrong side of an 8-3 penalty count and having Isaiah Papalii sent to the sin bin in the 34th minute, they still managed to walk off to the break with 12-2 lead.

A Moses penalty goal opened the scoring in the seventh minute before David Fusitua touched down for his 11th try of the season to put the visitors in front.

Mason Lino then slotted a penalty goal to make it 8-2 before Pete Hiku extended the lead when he pushed past a clumsy attempt at tackle from George Jennings.

The Eels certainly picked up their act towards the back end of the half and it continued after the break.

A blast from Brad Arthur certainly did the trick because when they returned they were a different team.

035f3591670e91abaa10155fe750590b

Luke was close to best on ground.
On the back of some good, hard running, Clint Gutherson crossed in the 44th minute and a Moses sideline conversion pulled the scoreline back to 12-8.

A terrific kick-chase on the back of a Smith clearing kick followed with Peta Hiku bowled into touch and gave the Eel back crucial possession for another attacking raid.

And when Peni Terepo delivered a terrific ball to a crashing Manu Ma’u, Parra finally had a 14-2 lead heading into the final quarter.

But the Warriors stole back the lead when Tevaga cleaned up Moses’ fumble.

And from there the Warriors refused to hand the lead back.

The Eels are basically out of finals contention on four competition points after 11 rounds and have to back up against Brisbane on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

NZ WARRIORS 24 (D Fusitua P Hiku I Luke J Tevaga tries M Lino 4 goals) bt PARRAMATTA 14 (C Gutherson M Ma’u tries M Moses 3 goals) at ANZ Stadium. Referee: Gavin Reynolds, Phil Henderson. Crowd: 9,467

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings