Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danpatmac

I think when Nathan Brown and Rad Rad Raaaaaaa is back they will be winning more. They have had a good month. I dont think they will be in the 8 but I dont think they will be wooden spoon either.

They lost by 2 last week and were very unlucky. 13 to go in our game and they were in the lead. not like we beat the crp out of them. Could easily be 4 from 4 this last month. Thats how close the comp is.

Last night was one of their better performances in 2018...
Yet we beat them by 10 with $2,000,000 of talent on the sideline,
I am of the opinion that they are shit. you aren't going to convince me otherwise.

also... Radradra is a Union player now, he ain't comin back anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
Last night was one of their better performances in 2018...
Yet we beat them by 10 with $2,000,000 of talent on the sideline,
I am of the opinion that they are shit. you aren't going to convince me otherwise.

also... Radradra is a Union player now, he ain't comin back anytime soon.
Remember last year with Radradra, yeah we went real good.

Im not trying to say they are a top 8 team. Im saying they have pushed some good teams in the last month, unlucky last week and this week were in front with 13 to go. Without two of their key players. I think you underestimate RadMan and what he does to the eels when he plays.

Anyway, finished my second watch of the game. Overall we did ok. Offensively we need more than the overlap to Fusitua, we cant rely on Fusitua to win us games. Beale is hanging his arm out after beating players and noone is backing up. The only time we back up is offloads when the player had 6 defenders around him and there is no momentum. We need to be backing up runs from luke and beale and harris, i dont think anbody but johnson could back up Fusitua and ken but they are often tackled with noone in sight. We need more players in motion and Im sure next year when we focus on offense thats what kearney will do. Our offense is way too often 1 player running the ball up (i dont mean general hit ups, I mean actual attacking plays) ie Issac luke scoring (which is great some times, but we need to confuse the defense more)

Defensively, I think we did ok. One try when down to 12. Not our best defense. beale was impressive one on one. kata as usual. Lino surprisingly and he chased after people, hes definitely trying to get a first grade team. Sill, 13 mins to go and we are losing to the bottom team, and years gone by we prob would have lost from there. Id like to have seen us keep them to that one try and for us to put 36-40 on them.

Still, wins a wins a win. Almost can smell a distant memory, oh its called top 8 finals footy. How the .... has this team not made the 8 for 6 years. I know we got some better players now, but even with our older teams we should have been making the 8. Its all coaching. Cleary got us there. Elliot and Cappy failed BIG TIME and now Kearney and co have us back on track.

Feels good.

Roosters no longer favs with the punters, Storm have leap frogged to the front followed closely by dragons. we are good value id have thought, I guess people are just wary of when the old warriors will creep in for a month or two. I dont think it will happen, i think we will keep going pretty good, losing to the odd team we underestimate and dont turn up for. Id say 18/24 is quite likely. We won Minor prems with 17 wins, but I dont think that will cut it this year despite how close it is in the 8. I think 19 will win it. Knowing the storm and looking at their for and against already, expect them to win pretty much everything until the finals and take the minor prems.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilsySH35

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
Remember last year with Radradra, yeah we went real good.

Im not trying to say they are a top 8 team. Im saying they have pushed some good teams in the last month, unlucky last week and this week were in front with 13 to go. Without two of their key players. I think you underestimate RadMan and what he does to the eels when he plays.

I agree. They will be pushing for top 8 when Radradra and Peter Sterling return from their niggles.

wrighty

I didn't really enjoy myself watching as I was overly emotionally invested and swore violently a lot at the tv.

When we gave up a penalty on their first set I yelled an expletive and got more wound up each time our guy just flopped on an eel too long. We deserved about 4-5 of those penalties for holding the guy down. Fuck it pissed me off. Then I noticed in the 2nd half we stopped doing it and we got off the tackled player about two seconds quicker.
Those penalties were the only thing keeping them in the game or we could have run the score up. Then there were about 3-4 ghost penalties where we really didn't do anything wrong and they just blew the whistle because we were the away team.
Let's never play like that again. If we were able to make the adjustment at half time, then we can do it for the rest of the season.

I know their forwards made great metres for 15 minutes after half time but then Gavet came back on. And for those who question his game last night, you are overlooking his defence. He was staunch as hell and with the re-introduction of him their forwards declined.

In a way Beale was a contributing factor to the win. Made several plays that stopped a turnover from happening or made a good tackle to snuffle a raid.

Hiku - scored a try and did good hit ups, but he also did two ill-advised off loads. One created a turnover, the other Beale magically caught.
Hiku was not tested much back there as they stupidly went to Fusitua's wing on the bombs instead of testing Peta.

We won though, as much as I swore and cursed at the mistakes, when we scored that flukey Jazz Tevaga try I exalted.

Overall I thought we looked the better team on the night. We were far more potent in the red zone and seemed better organised on defence. When I watched the replay it was like who is this team in grey they look quite useful and nuggety, give them a star player play maker and they could mix it up with the big boys (and we will be getting Johnson back).

This was Lino's finest match by some distance as he turned up on defence and just looked like a decent NRL standard half. Not a superstar or someone better than Shaun Johnson etc, but just a decent NRL player. Some of his legs tackles were decent and took down much bigger guys one on one.
He manned up. I know you don't judge a half on defence but they have to be half decent at it, and Lino looked the part last night. On top of that he shifted the ball around much better from a distribution perspective.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Was pleasantly surprised with the performance, this game had banana skin written all over it. When I heard Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was out I had that sinking feeling, the Eels although bottom of the table have the ability to turn it on for about 20mins and pile on points-to get a solid win with adversity against us and bounce back after last week is solid.
Go forward is starting to become an issue as teams are starting to run through us and we are responding with 40m sets.
Thought Beale had a great Debut and was pleasantly surprised that Lino bounced back.
Frustrating some of the penalties and comments like “eels deserve an advantage” (wtf why?!) some had the potential to be game changing such as the no call on a blatant Shepard which lead to a sin bin but we got home in the end.
Need to step it up against the bunnies and then we can relax bye week solid in the top 4

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 4, 2016
I didn't really enjoy myself watching as I was overly emotionally invested and swore violently a lot at the tv.

This was Lino's finest match by some distance as he turned up on defence and just looked like a decent NRL standard half. Not a superstar or someone better than Shaun Johnson etc, but just a decent NRL player. Some of his legs tackles were decent and took down much bigger guys one on one.
Yep it wasnt just his offense this time, although that was in tune with green and that first try pass was sensational to Fusitua, i have to go back but why was Lino on the outside, beale must have gone into a tackle earlier so shows real insight into how our team plays for Lino to get out there to make the pass.

He was like a rabid dog the way he was chasing after people in Defense. I think hes got a point to prove at the moment, and despite the Storm game where everyone failed, hes well and truely proven it, Id be expecting him to be departing soon enough which leaves our reserve grade a little inexperienced. That one tackle with an open try line one on one and his conversion/penalty goals potentially won us the match, at least in points difference it definitely did. I thought he was going to score that try Luke did but Luke was smart enough to see the defender off his line and already aiming up on Lino and took him out hard, had it not been a try, definitely a sin bin.

Its pretty dumb you have to make that statement re Shaun Johnson, can we please quit the comparisons, nobody but the Shaun Johnson squad started the comparison simply because Lino is getting so much praise, and why shouldnt he, I think Shaun Johnson would be congratulating him and thanking him for doing such a good job in his absence, nobody has ever thought seriously Lino would replace Shaun Johnson. The two are chalk and cheese when it comes to football. One is a quality running half/back weapon, the other is a more all round game management package with less pace off the mark.

Paleaaesina2the20

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 6, 2013
Melbourne
Green is a terrible defender but his inside men are leaving massive gaps...thankfully the Eels were too stupid to see it more than once.
Papalii kept back pedaling out of the line, don't know if he was hurt or tired but it looked bad and will get targeted by a better team.

I rate the kid, need to remember he is still very young. We are a little light on edge back rowers, but his minutes need reducing and he needs to tackle low more often, got taken for a ride every time he tackled upright.

Speaking of up right, what the hell is Gavet doing with those hit ups, so upright he is almost leaning over backwards. A gentle head wind would stop him at the moment.

Last edited:

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Papalii kept back pedaling out of the line, don't know if he was hurt or tired but it looked bad and will get targeted by a better team.

I rate the kid, need to remember he is still very young. We are a little light on edge back rowers, but his minutes need reducing and he needs to tackle low more often, got taken for a ride every time he tackled upright.

Speaking of up right, what the hell is Gavet doing with those hit ups, so upright he is almost leaning over backwards. A gentle head wind would stop him at the moment.
He needs the wind to keep the hair out of his eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings