Results are only viewable after voting.
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL 2018 - Round 11 - Eels vs Warriors Post Match Discussion
Parramatta Eels vs New Zealand Warriors
ANZ Stadium, Sydney

Eels 4
Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 11 game between the New Zealand Warriors and Parramatta Eels after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2018-round-11.111/

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Had to laugh at Will Smith the grub knocking on the ball. Sweet sweet justice for such a pathetic play. Terrible sportsmanship. While Bully passed the ball forward next set he did get the last laugh with that try.

Hiku must never play fullback again. Some awful brainfarts back there especially stepping towards the sideline FML!

Beale did well. Was caught out in defence a bit but looks to offer more there than Hiku and has better offense. Would play him left centre to utilise his killer right step but in the centres anywhere for now.

Should have done much better but just happy to bounce back, away from home and get the win...

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
Stone

Stone

Stick it up ya ass Parra & you one eyed cu** refs

Got youse anyway

Bully = Deadset Legend

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Dogshit game, but the most important two points of the year for mine.

He wasn’t MoM or anything, but I am so impressed with how clean Maumalo’s decision making is this year and how few mistakes he is making. I have been very critical of him in the past. Really happy with Gerard.

Big game players rise when faced with adversity. Luke did it tonight. Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck would have created 2-3 big plays, which would have put the distance between the two teams.

Take $2000000 worth of x factor out of your team and it is going to look ugly, so really happy to win

Latrell last week, Will Smith this week. There needs to be judiciary for cheating...seriously

Reactions: 21 users
shuffle

shuffle

Probably the best game defensively for Mason Lino. Gerard Beale has to be centre no doubt about him. Not pretty but you need these ugly wins. Isaac Luke is just amazing, super human effort. Good work from the wingers too.

Reactions: 11 users

Npwarrior

Don’t care how we played. We won. All that matters till the final weeks. Hopefully we can name a full strength team soon. Eels r my second favourite team but those commentators were bad tonight

Reactions: 6 users
Tragic

Tragic

frustrating but kinda exciting because it was close, take the win and move on

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Sorry. Still losing my shit after THAT call.

Worst fucking call of the season. How the fuck can u gain a penalty for bouncing the ball on a player lying prone on the ground? Green should of asked that ref "ok who did he stop him passing the ball to?......a worm?"

I want heads after that game. Disgraceful!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users
BiggerD

BiggerD

What a Great start to the Weekend
The Warriors showed fight when on the deck.
Well done Jazz & his try.

Now we can look forward to the Royal Wedding and FA Cup Final & be happy
Lord Gnome will be anyway. ;)

• Haha
Deranged

Deranged

That was a solid effort without our two superstars. No way we would win that last year.

Reactions: 9 users

PNG Kiwi

Good win but I hope refs get a review considering the one sided penalty count we did ok

Reactions: 11 users
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Last week we get penalised for being dragged out after the ref calls held.

This week that bullshit call.

What do we get pinged for best week? Wearing jerseys on the field?

Ah well, we won. Suck it grubs and refs.

Reactions: 6 users
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Happy with the win.

Only saw the last 5 minutes as I had a work function.

8 wins after 11 games is awesome!

WarriorBall

Not worthwhile picking the bones out of that one really, ugly win away from home missing two key players.

Bank the two points and move on.

j-bob

That was as close to taking a soccer dive as it gets. Disgraceful that is is a penalty. Stepping forward with the ball in hand then throwing it at a player on the ground.. Out of the way till you take the step.

Blatant cheating.. And exposed the refs. All of them

Reactions: 9 users
ArtySubs

ArtySubs

What we’re missing are dominant middle runners.
Mannering retiring if that’s expected offload Johnson and Hiku/Kata and buy Taupau and Klemmer.
Imagine that pack
Klemmer
Luke
Taupau
Harris
Pulu
Blair
With Paasi Gavet Afoa and Roche off bench.
Ma’u and Matagi bullies us tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users