Team List NRL 2018 Round 1 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Perham managed to push Santo to the Bench,
Lawton potentially seen as a hooker back up?
And it turns out Cherrington is (despite popular belief) in fact still alive!

I wonder if Santo had to drop out of the top 30 in order for Perham to be promoted?

Also interesting the JTS couldn't even get a slot in the ISP side - they're playing Vuna who was in the trials as a forward at centre.

Reactions: Defence
He is still inexperienced at first grade. Even Bunty Afoa has only played 21 games and the benchmark is 50 for a forward to be experienced. I expect much bigger things from Bunty this season.

If you listened to the commentators at the Titans trial Bunty and Sao were everywhere Bunty is so fast I didn't even see him take the field

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death
If you are absolutely certain a player is terrible, and that person has been picked, what do you think that says about what is behind them? We lack talented depth, there have really only been 19 or 20 guys in the running for a spot in the 17, but for injury, since day one of the pre-season. Paasi, Satae and maybe CNK are about the only guys who should feel hard done by. Players 20-30 of our "30 man squad" leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.

History suggests they will all be needed at some point this year, there are opportunities to be had, good players wont have to watch first grade from ISP cup. Do they want it bad enough?

When Beale is fit I'd put him and Ayshford in the centres and Hiku and Fusitua on the wings.
That would be the safest group they could possibly field....my own preference is that Hiku gets center over Beale....and Beale takes that wing spot.

Both are pretty interchangeable so I don't disagree with your line up....but I have strong thoughts about who is the better distributor....Beale is a good passer of the ball....Hiku is a dangerous runner and the equal of Beale in ball distribution.

Hiku is also the harder hitter of the two.

Beale is slowish but safe on a wing so yeah....

The real shit Kicker is that I can't see Ken being dropped (best meter eater)....Oh how I wish he were tried in the forwards to leave him out of this conversation.

Sadly for Kata I see him being the spare Cog when both Hiku and Beale are available....ergo Beale has left center written all over him.
Blake Ayshford I agree is a real good center....but his future is likely to be as a real quality cover.

Last edited:
Ill reserve my judgment until after round 1, but initial impressions are it just looks a whole lot like more of the same.

I have this unshakable feeling that we're going to see Blair follow the exact same path as Luke this season.

So much of our season is pinned on Green.
I recon we will know only half the story after round one.

Purely because no matter how hard our team tries...I can't see them getting anything better than a brave effort call against a side that makes us look like minnows.

Ergo we can't stop them ( 37 degree heat in Perth and Aussie officials is a real thing *weather* we like it or not)....then if u factor in how the Rabbits destroyed a proud Wigan side in a high quality match....without their super stars ...we are fkd....oh and the sight of the Burgi giving a shit ( Soufs reason for a premiership) no team in the NRL can stop a fired up Burgi cap cheat star pack laying the platform for some pretty destructive backs.

Game three is where it is at ( assuming we bother a full strength Tits side....they don't count really....since they call us their bogey side and not 15 other NRL teams.

Game three we know if we can go hard against these Mofos with some preparation time under our belts.

I recon we will know only half the story after round one.

Purely because no matter how hard our team tries...I can't see them getting anything better than a brave effort call against a side that makes us look like minnows.

Ergo we can't stop them ( 37 degree heat in Perth and Aussie officials is a real thing *weather* we like it or not)....then if u factor in how the Rabbits destroyed a proud Wigan side in a high quality match....without their super stars ...we are fkd....oh and the sight of the Burgi giving a shit ( Soufs reason for a premiership) no team in the NRL can stop a fired up Burgi cap cheat star pack laying the platform for some pretty destructive backs.

Game three is where it is at ( assuming we bother a full strength Tits side....they don't count really....since they call us their bogey side and not 15 other NRL teams.

Game three we know if we can go hard against these Mofos with some preparation time under our belts.

What I'm saying is - I could easily rip this particular team listing apart... if I wanted to. But, I'm going to wait until after the game to give my opinion on it.

Reactions: Tonbridge (Swanley)
What I'm saying is - I could easily rip this particular team listing apart... if I wanted to. But, I'm going to wait until after the game to give my opinion on it.
Really? I mean is not the most inspiring... but what changes would you make that would substantially change the prospects? Ayshford and CNK aren’t exactly kicking down the door and reshuffling the forwards isn’t likely move the neddle much, at least IMO.

Danpatmac

I wonder if Santo had to drop out of the top 30 in order for Perham to be promoted?

Also interesting the JTS couldn't even get a slot in the ISP side - they're playing Vuna who was in the trials as a forward at centre.

didn't' I read somewhere on here that JTS wasn't really a top 30 player (in the clubs eyes) and would be lucky to play at all?

I’m guessing with Paasi gone to Perth, that they r planning to play him if he is injury free?? Thought he hurt his shoulder in the 1st trial. Otherwise why take him on the trip. Guessing he will change for Bunty

Reactions: Off The Bench
I’m guessing with Paasi gone to Perth, that they r planning to play him if he is injury free?? Thought he hurt his shoulder in the 1st trial. Otherwise why take him on the trip. Guessing he will change for Bunty
Saw him in a photo with Santo etc. Visiting some dog shelter. Not sure if this was after it b4 they flew , but listing him on the extended bench is a bit odd if he didn't travel.
I think he had a medial ligament strain too, shoulders mannering.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
During the training run on Sunday Paasi and Gavet were wearing pink bibs in the opposed training game. Can still train but can't do full contact as yet.

Zac Santo, Junior Pauga, Blake Ayshford and Gerard Beale were all training in the rehab crew.

The team left early to help promote the new stadium so anyone who did go will have been doing community work such as Nathaniel Roache who is in Perth as well...

Omg Ken and kata again.and sam and the twins looking sharp with.gagi and gi.man do there any more to say.oh and Perth of course we are fucked,glad I flagged the membership this year..

• Haha
Reactions: Stalefish540

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
VODAFONE WARRIORS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
Perth Stadium, Perth
4.00pm, Saturday, March 10, 2018

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)
2 David Fusitua
3 Peta Hiku
4 Solomone Kata
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Blake Green
7 Shaun Johnson
8 James Gavet
9 Issac Luke
10 Adam Blair
11 Isaiah Papalii
12 Tohu Harris
13 Ligi Sao

Interchange
14 Sam Cook
15 Leivaha Pulu
16 Sam Lisone
17 Bunty Afoa
18 Jazz Tevaga
20 Mason Lino
21 Agnatius Paasi
22 Anthony Gelling

Oh man. Look at that list. And that bench!

I’m calling it in early.

WE ARE FUCKED YOUSE!!!!

WE ARE WELL AND TRUELY FUCKED MAN!!!!!

Someone get the lube ready. This will hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.