Team List NRL 2018 Round 1 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalefish540

Contributor
Felt that way about his lack of size when he graded last year but he’s proven himself to be a workaholic on defence and his tackle efficiency is excellent so I’m comfortable with him making the side in place of Mannering.

If he does nothing but help to shutdown the Bunnies right side attack he’s done his job imo.
Hes definitely a 13 in the making, not an edge forward
Felt that way about his lack of size when he graded last year but he’s proven himself to be a workaholic on defence and his tackle efficiency is excellent so I’m comfortable with him making the side in place of Mannering.

If he does nothing but help to shutdown the Bunnies right side attack he’s done his job imo.
Definitely a big test to shutdown that potent Reynolds/Chriton combo, but hopefully he can stick with him. If one of our juniors has a longterm future, for me it's probably him at 13. Gotta remember hes only 19 and still got growth/size to pack on.

WarriorBall

He is not a small guy. Not massive but far from small and very well built.

That’s true but I guess I prefer taller rangier players on an edge who can free themselves to offload, not saying he can’t break the line but so far he’s been well contained in first grade out there.

Hes definitely a 13 in the making, not an edge forward

Agree with that, prolly being unkind to him but to me at this stage of his career I see him as a beefed up Elijah Taylor.

Definitely a big test to shutdown that potent Reynolds/Chriton combo, but hopefully he can stick with him. If one of our juniors has a longterm future, for me it's probably him at 13. Gotta remember hes only 19 and still got growth/size to pack on.

Just glad we have Tohu Harris on the other edge where Inglis will be roaming.

bruce

Contributor
That’s true but I guess I prefer taller rangier players on an edge who can free themselves to offload, not saying he can’t break the line but so far he’s been well contained in first grade out there.
He is still inexperienced at first grade. Even Bunty Afoa has only played 21 games and the benchmark is 50 for a forward to be experienced. I expect much bigger things from Bunty this season.

WarriorBall

He is still inexperienced at first grade. Even Bunty Afoa has only played 21 games and the benchmark is 50 for a forward to be experienced. I expect much bigger things from Bunty this season.

I think Kearney’s got it right playing Bunty through the middle in preseason, he’s a middle not an edge forward imo, another who rips in but as you allude to light on experience, we have plenty of those.

Reactions: bruce and Johnnyray
Warriors v North Sydney Bears
Mt Smart Stadium, Saturday 10 March, 11am
WARRIORS: 1 Tevita Mikaele 2 Kayal Iro 3 Elijah Sufia 4 Patrick Elia 5 Edward Kosi 6 Paul Turner 7 Eiden Ackland 8 Soane Hufunga (c) 9 Sheldon Rogers 10 Wesley Veikoso 11 Harvey Tupouniua 12 Preston Riki 13 Tayhler Paora Interchange 14 Sam Nati 15 Tom Ale 16 Lotu Inisi 17 Brody Tamarua 18 Dylan Tavita 21 Sione Tuipolotu

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
ISP

Team named for the 1st game

WARRIORS: 1 Hayze Perham 2 Lewis Soosemea 3 Joseph Vuna 4 Cole Waaka 5 Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 6 Chanel Harris-Tavita 7 Tevin Arona 8 Patrick Sipley 9 Karl Lawton 10 Chris Satae 11 Matiu Love-Henry 12 James Bell (c) 13 Sione Afemui Interchange 14 Manaia Cherrington 15 Trent Schaumkel 17 Reece Charlie 18 Daniel Reuelu-Buchanan 20 Zac Santo

Interesting that Perham managed to push Santo to the Bench,
Lawton potentially seen as a hooker back up?
And it turns out Cherrington is (despite popular belief) in fact still alive!

One on one Kata is actually very strong defensively and not many people get the better of him however he does have a bad habit of rushing up and sometimes will get beaten by a little late footwork or a man drawing and passing or doing a cut out pass over him or even somebody just grubbing the ball behind him,many ways to make him look stupid .Of course because he has run up he then looks like an idiot in no mans land and we all moan.
I think with a bit better communication and experience he will hopefully start getting it right.
He is a slow learner though so who knows.
It took three seasons but I am hopeful that he has finally learnt to pass,he had one opportunity only and passed to Ken in the Titans trial ( I think it was) and Ken got the ball and then Ken off loaded back inside and Kata scored.Quite a nicely worked move actually and hopefully a small taste of what could be to come.They did it well and made it look easy.
If that was a sign of things to come Ken and Kata will be having a much better return this season.....here's hoping anyway.
Critical year for Solomone for me this year,if he can prove he can and wants to pass and stop rushing up on defence he will be a keeper,if not ,he is never going to learn and time to cut him loose.
The fact that he was so keen to pass when he got the opportunity makes me think that Kearney has told him something similar.

Last edited:
It's amazing the lack of comment in game day threads when Ken stepped two players and set up a roll on that we scored off.

I hate relying on wingers for yardage but we barely got any without Ken who costs half the salary of a prop who makes the ground he does over and over.

I guess I'd like to see him be that Manu to the forwards we never saw ...if his agent had any brains they'd offer him to a club that could make a prop of him....those props earn a million and never have to difuse tackle 5 bombs.
Whats amazing is that one of the Warriors outside backs side stepped. Its something we expect from Shaun Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but never see from anyone else. Maybe if they did that more often we might be more excited.

Kata's misses on defence are because he runs up out of the line. I blame the guys beside him for not being quick enough.

Yeah it was CNK i was referring to as not being present on defense, he's often left marking no-one when he played winger - he'd be even worse at centre.. I'm hoping it's Maumalo that Beale slots in for when fit rather than Kata.

Status
Not open for further replies.